The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
I would love to give a try at this game, but they don't have demo content or anything like that. I can't even know if it's worth buying that game without being able to test it with some sort of demo content..Also, the price is bloody steep imo... o_O
There will be a demo when the full featured game is out, you will just have to wait. (Or buy it now for early access of course)
Quote from MousemanLV :I would love to give a try at this game, but they don't have demo content or anything like that. I can't even know if it's worth buying that game without being able to test it with some sort of demo content..Also, the price is bloody steep imo... o_O

Actually, I (and pretty sure the others as well) would say it's worth every penny.
I concur, maybe it's not as amazing value as LFS in the current state, but it's a bargain compared to iRental or even RF2.
Yes, worth every penny. There are some issues still - a few bugs with kerbs makin the car go flying 50ft, or the spongy FFB, or the sounds, or the AA, or the AiM shit lights on the Tatuus. Most will probably be perfect.

The FFB is strange. If I lower it to ~25% then it clips, but is weak. If I have it at 150% it's about the right strength (on a G25), but clips the same amount. How does that work?!
Does anyone know how I change the FOV? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, found it in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\camera_onboard.ini

Seems it's vertical FOV also.
Quote from tristancliffe :The FFB is strange. If I lower it to ~25% then it clips, but is weak. If I have it at 150% it's about the right strength (on a G25), but clips the same amount. How does that work?!

Sound like the FFB strength setting is a upper limit instead of a multiplier.
Quote from DaveWS :Does anyone know how I change the FOV? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, found it in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\camera_onboard.ini

Seems it's vertical FOV also.

You can do it ingame as well, press + and -.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :The king of iR videos, Stabiz moved to AC and hopefully he'll do more fapping materials like this one. 458 is next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CxukivksF8

Stabiz = Frederik Follestad

To be fair the doors on that E92 look like they open too much. They are like 90 degrees to the car... XD

Also Tristan, what kerbs are you refering to? :S I drive as ragged as Hamilton on Cocaine and I didn't find a kerb that sent me sufficiently into the air..
Some Vallelunga kerbs have inner bumps that are pretty nasty.
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by Flame CZE
lol dem graphics.

Never noticed those kerbs
Quote from Keling :Sound like the FFB strength setting is a upper limit instead of a multiplier.

but if it was an upper limit OR a multiplier, you expect less clipping with a lower amount. Now, you get the same clipping regardless of strength. TP wasn't like that.

Quote from BlueFlame :Stabiz = Frederik Follestad

To be fair the doors on that E92 look like they open too much. They are like 90 degrees to the car... XD

Also Tristan, what kerbs are you refering to? :S I drive as ragged as Hamilton on Cocaine and I didn't find a kerb that sent me sufficiently into the air..

Sorry, I forgot you'd tried every kerb with every car on every line. I had it happen at Silverstone, both in the Tatuus and in one of the BMWs. But as it hasn't happened to you I guess that means I must be lying. My bad.

You daft utter cock. Have you applied for a new brain, because you haven't had one since you've been on this forum.
They aren't very keen on having issues pointed out to them, that's for sure....

Pointing out that not having the kerbs do anything to the steering rack didn't go down very well....
They really can't handle critics indeed, like some devs over at BeamNG.

AC devs sometimes visit LFSForum, so they might go full Eric and permaban everyone that does not like their game.
Hehe. That would be awesome! :-p

The devs at BeamNG.... Dude... Those guys need a bucket of chill pills.
Quote from tristancliffe :

Sorry, I forgot you'd tried every kerb with every car on every line. I had it happen at Silverstone, both in the Tatuus and in one of the BMWs. But as it hasn't happened to you I guess that means I must be lying. My bad.

You daft utter cock. Have you applied for a new brain, because you haven't had one since you've been on this forum.

Er what? It was simple confusion at the fact i push the track limits quite liberally and never launched my car into the air once. I was asking where/how because I was confused at how this was possible.

So if someone even implies [which I am not in any way] you were lying you go all rogue kb warrior on them? Or what? I don't understand, forgive me and my non existent brain oh great one.
Obviously never went wide into T2 at Silverstone then, that sausage kerb throws you skywards.
The overall look kinda reminds me of GT5, even down to the crappy dark dynamic range
Though a bit more "sterile" in replays.
Either he's using the same lighting engine, which is middleware after all, or he studied GT5 intently
The coder did have good words to say about GT5 afterall, so he probably has a copy

Physics wise, the cars have a lot of heft and solidity to it, unlike the driving on ice feel of a lot of games like GT5 and iRacing. Even when using street tyres. Super soft slicks are pretty forgiving

FFB feels better in iRacing though, but it's just a matter of difference and getting used to it.

I love the surface and curb sounds - nice and visceral.
Car sounds not so much, but some are decent.

When using an Xbox controller, there sure is a lot of feedback from the vibration, much more than using a wheel.
Though I kinda found it annoying
Yeah, the wheel FFB isw pretty much non'existent, or the aligning forces is just drowning everything out. I get the ocational slight jolt going over potholes in classic Monza in the Lotus 49, but the other cars are just limp. Others have reported the same, and many have the T500RS, as I do. Might be something there....
Apart from the premature clipping regardless of strength, and being a bit woolly near straight ahead, I find the FFB quite communicative. As good as LFS and nKP, and miles better than the last time I bothered spending a months salary on iRacing. There haven't been many sims where you feel the roots of a slide starting to build up, and be able to judge whether corrective action is needed or if it'll sort itself out first.
I just thought it would be pretty cool to form a kind of community/group of the people who also came from LFS and are into Assetto Corsa, so we can find eachother. I just can't wait for the multiplayer already.. That will be a lot of fun.
Quote from Kristi :I just thought it would be pretty cool to form a kind of community/group of the people who also came from LFS and are into Assetto Corsa, so we can find eachother. I just can't wait for the multiplayer already.. That will be a lot of fun.

Good idea, I've just created a group, feel free to join everyone.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/corsassetto

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG