The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
Quote from JackCY :Tried it and so far do not like it much. It is really a beta version, lots of things is unfinished. Also it only works on DX 10.1 or higher. Setting it to lowest it looks like shiny poo and still doesn't get decent fps.

I think a DirectX10.0 patch was sort of released over the weekend?

Quote from JackCY :Mouse is not supported and even when emulating mouse as a joystick it is not possible to have gas and brakes on keys or buttons, only on axis = fail.
NO MOUSE SUPPORT.

It's a racing sim.

Quote from JackCY :BUT YOU GET XBOX360 SUPPORT, think what you want.

I guess the driver or something is included in DirectX or something.

Quote from JackCY :Driving on keyboard is quite easy except road cars that under braking handle like a 2CV, feels unrealistic. Some curbs are silly and their physics to me seems screwed up.

Can't judge physics with a keyboard. Unless you drive real cars with a keyboard.
Quote from JackCY :Cars have kind of a feel of NFS/GT/rF.

Just no.
Quote from JackCY :No skins, no colors, limited setups, no track configurations either.

There are skins and colours. Setups limited to what is vaguely possible on the actual cars. Track configs will be included later.

Quote from JackCY :What's worst though is that silly slowdown when you leave track

Turn it off in an .ini file.
Quote from JackCY : and even worse is that when sliding it changes gas to 75% instead of 100%.

Electronic stability control??

Quote from JackCY :How does it handle guys on wheels when driving on the limit?

Pretty damn brilliantly.
Quote from JackCY :
Setup changes are noticeable but changes of wings by 1 felt rather big changes.

I'm sure the numbers in the setup area will be refined. At the moment, I'm more concerned that some settings are measurements (degrees, millimeters etc) and others are just arbitrary scales (4 out of 6).
Quote from JackCY :Some cars seem to have infinite grip, which is ok, just depends how real it is and how it handles on the limit. Not driving fast enough means feeling a lot of grip.

Ermmm...
Quote from JackCY :When running at low resolutions the GUI is a mess and won't fit there, making certain things in the menu unreachable.

Really? Not tried running it in DOS mode.
Quote from JackCY :Yes driving with all helpers off and so on and the game still touches gas, brakes, etc. does not even let you speed in pits or turn off pit limiter.
Seems lame.

Oh no, you can't speed in the pitlane. Destroy the game. But I agree that ABS=off should equal ABS=off, even if the real car has it.
Quote from JackCY :Hitting it off the ground on 1st gear is more like stalling the car even when I set the 1st gear to fastest possible.

Erm... Slip the clutch some more.
Quote from JackCY : Clutch doesn't work so no clutch kicking alá rFactor can't be done.

I'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough, but I think most people can drift without needing the clutch.
Quote from JackCY :LFS > rFactor > AC

Well... Too early to be sure exactly, but rFactor is awful. Always has been. Always will be. Unless you're referring to rF2, but I haven't tried that.
Quote from JackCY :Also doing half of the configuration in config files instead of menu and it still doesn't work is a bummer.

It's a beta version really. People who use beta versions are often quite happy fiddling with ini files to find what works without the user interface needing to be designed for every adjustment.
Quote from JackCY :No FOV adjustment for me.

Press + -
Thanks Tristan... well someone had to do it.
Clutch works just fine for me
The clutch dynamics are gay. So finite to actually get a h-shifter car into gear without waiting around in neutral for days to get it into the gear you want. Seems like you have to lift sufficiently even if the clutch is fully depressed. Seen that problem many time with other sims though.
I find the whole clutch thing strange tbh
Even if you put on every assist there is (for testing, and when I tried out how it felt on keyboard bla bla), you have to keep in trottle and clutch at same time to even get the car moving.

Ofc I know that is how a clutch work lol, but it just feels.. it feels strange somehow how the whole clutch mechanism / start mechanism feels.
(it actually tok me solid two mins before I even managed to get car moving since I did not understand I had to push the two pedals at same time ^^).

Is it only me?
Page up and down adjust exposure.
Quote from The Very End :
(it actually tok me solid two mins before I even managed to get car moving since I did not understand I had to push the two pedals at same time ^^).

Is it only me?

Hmm, i just got in the car, depressed the clutch, put it in gear, gave it some gas, released clutch and drove away. You know..just like driving a car

Ohh, well done Tristan. Thanks
Lol, I am serious with you on this, and this is what happend :
I set up the controller for wheel, tok me some mins to figure out why it whent full trottle / brake. Had to push that silly "V" thing in the meny... WHY btw?

Secondly, everything was fine, loaded up and pedals showed signal of not going complete batshit the second the game loaded. I started up and only saw the wheels spinning. Did not quite understand what to do so tapped the clutch. It spiked - nothing happend afterwards. To actually launch the formula car I have to hold the clutch full down with trottle for some SECONDS, and then it start to slowly get up to speed and I can release it.

Isn't the car so powerfull, that even from a stop if you floor it and release the clutch, it should go forward (uncontrollable of course)?

I know I'm on thin ice, but it just did not give new players a good hint of what to do to get the car moving. And more confusing that there is an animation that shows clearly the wheels are spinning if you push down the pedals, but the car is still on it's place. I belived that I had some sort of handbrake on or something but well...
Quote from The Very End :Lol, I am serious with you on this, and this is what happend :
I set up the controller for wheel, tok me some mins to figure out why it whent full trottle / brake. Had to push that silly "V" thing in the meny... WHY btw?

Secondly, everything was fine, loaded up and pedals showed signal of not going complete batshit the second the game loaded. I started up and only saw the wheels spinning. Did not quite understand what to do so tapped the clutch. It spiked - nothing happend afterwards. To actually launch the formula car I have to hold the clutch full down with trottle for some SECONDS, and then it start to slowly get up to speed and I can release it.

Isn't the car so powerfull, that even from a stop if you floor it and release the clutch, it should go forward (uncontrollable of course)?

I know I'm on thin ice, but it just did not give new players a good hint of what to do to get the car moving. And more confusing that there is an animation that shows clearly the wheels are spinning if you push down the pedals, but the car is still on it's place. I belived that I had some sort of handbrake on or something but well...

0mph physics are basically non-existent Watch what happens if you screech all the way to a stop. The nose stays pointed at the floor and then you get the weird sinking effect
I'm sorry, our language differences make it so that I canot understand if you either telling me I'm an idiot or if the game is wrong somehow

I, well, haha, ofc. using a clutch is pretty straight forward, it's just the way it's presented to new players. Also the way the option meny are set up. It gives no hints or text what so ever, and you're stucked on the place clueless - unless you're not an idiot like me or if you have internet where you can find the answer ;P
Quote from The Very End :I'm sorry, our language differences make it so that I canot understand if you either telling me I'm an idiot or if the game is wrong somehow

The second one I don't have a clutch pedal, but if weird things happen when the car isn't moving, it's because physics seem to not exist at 0mph.
Quote from JackCY :Tried it and so far do not like it much. It is really a beta version, lots of things is unfinished. Also it only works on DX 10.1 or higher. Setting it to lowest it looks like shiny poo and still doesn't get decent fps.

No FOV adjustment for me. But it's great they added grass and sand and curbs into a config so one can maybe make those off track surface have same grip as tarmac? LOL

A naive question. By default the simulation settings are on "Gamer" which means lots of help/assistance to the driving. Have you tried the game withou these helps?

Actually setting the game on "gamer " by default is beyond stupid as it give some foods to the haters who can't be bothered looking if there are options somewhere.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think a DirectX10.0 patch was sort of released over the weekend?

It's a racing sim.

I guess the driver or something is included in DirectX or something.

Can't judge physics with a keyboard. Unless you drive real cars with a keyboard.
Just no.
There are skins and colours. Setups limited to what is vaguely possible on the actual cars. Track configs will be included later.

Turn it off in an .ini file.
Electronic stability control??

Pretty damn brilliantly.
I'm sure the numbers in the setup area will be refined. At the moment, I'm more concerned that some settings are measurements (degrees, millimeters etc) and others are just arbitrary scales (4 out of 6).
Ermmm...
Really? Not tried running it in DOS mode.
Oh no, you can't speed in the pitlane. Destroy the game. But I agree that ABS=off should equal ABS=off, even if the real car has it.
Erm... Slip the clutch some more.
I'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough, but I think most people can drift without needing the clutch.
Well... Too early to be sure exactly, but rFactor is awful. Always has been. Always will be. Unless you're referring to rF2, but I haven't tried that.
It's a beta version really. People who use beta versions are often quite happy fiddling with ini files to find what works without the user interface needing to be designed for every adjustment.
Press + -

Like I said it did not work turning it off and adjusting the ini files.
The steering helpers should be removed for all controllers, when I switch them off then they should be off 100% not that I find later when racing that it still tries to help me which actually has the opposite effect. So instead of sliding the rear and steering in it kills the throttle so I don't spin oh my, it saved my life... really? Remove the artificial helpers. If one wants full throttle it should be full throttle that moment no matter what.

Patch here patch there, it still won't run on anything below DX10. I'm happy with simple graphics, one can see more easily instead of the gloom bloom HDR that I turned off anyway.

It's a racing sim is to be seen, LFS is and it has mouse steering and it works well, unless I drive leagues I have no need for a wheel, happy with mouse and keys.
Quote from Maelstrom :A naive question. By default the simulation settings are on "Gamer" which means lots of help/assistance to the driving. Have you tried the game withou these helps?

Actually setting the game on "gamer " by default is beyond stupid as it give some foods to the haters who can't be bothered looking if there are options somewhere.

Custom, turned everything off like it is in PRO setting +added 100% mechanical damage. Did not turn visual damage on.
I did check all the settings around and read the ini files.
I dont get what you are on about when you talk about artificial helpers?

If you turn the aids off (pro mode) there are no assists apart from ABS, EDF and TC on the cars that have them in real life. (and they can still be turned off if you want to once in car) CTR+T for TC CTR+A for ABS

There is absolutely no throttle,brake or steering assists in pro mode unless you're driving with keys, and who would be silly enough to do that in a sim?
So why does a sim has driving with keys then?
http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... 30-drifting-feeling.1713/

Quote :Well, this is a bit personal, but i think there is a problem in the physics (besides the throttle response), in many cars the moment of losing grip of the tires is a bit abrupt, with street tires i think it should be more progressive, and then when you are drifting the grip appears suddenly again and the car loses power to drift, totally weird with some cars and his torque.

The E30 is very difficult to drift with power, in standing, clutch pressed, gas at 100%, steering to one side, release the clutch and the drift lasts some seconds, is impossible to do a donut for example, and i had a 320i e30 that could drift easier, sometimes with clutch help of course, with less power. Is as if the tires have more grip or the engine less power than it have.

I haven't drive a M3 E30 in real life, but other BMWs (330d, 325i e92, etc) or RWD cars yes and i think that the lose of grip should be easier and mantaining it during the drifting with control too.

Quote :I feel the same as OP, it's very obvious in the E30 but I think it applies to pretty much every car now, we're getting insane ammounts of rear longitudinal grip that make cars feel like they have less HP than they should have. To me the M3 shouldn't require so much hard work to get the tail out, just planting the throttle mid corner should make it powerslide and adding some power while in the drift should surely make the RPMs go up and not struggle so hard like it does now. In every drifting videos I've seen you have to work so hard to make it drift ( handbrake, clutch kick etc... ).
When I try to do donuts with it, it feels like a 318i, the RPMs can't stay up and eventually the car will "stall" after one round. I'm pretty sure I can make donuts last longer in my 140HP little MX5 than with this M3 ( Don't ask me to try and video it tho, I don't have money to waste on tyres, clutch etc... nor do I want to damage it )
Same feeling with the Ferrari 458, I feel like hasn't got all it's power and surely going 100% on the gas in the middle of corner should really make it powerslide a lot especially on street tyres, but all I'm ever getting is grip, grip, grip and more grip.
I must add that the cars in the steam pre release video you posted on youtube seemed to have much less problem to hold slides and looked to handle better overall, so I'm pretty hopeful you added grip in this version so everyone could drive it and didn't think it was like iRacing where you lose the car too easily.

I'm not posting any of this to bash the game just so you know, I'm just giving feedback for the sim to get closer to reality (or at least I'm trying, not claiming to be a know it all whatsoever, I might be wrong).

Yeah I did find it hard to donuts in the cars...
Taking off the tires would make it easier to slide.
Quote from CheerioDM :Taking off the tires would make it easier to slide.

probably

Quote :to everyone that finds driffting in e30 problematic ;

raise your tyres persaure to max (40)
front camber : 0,6
rear camber : 1,8

Remeber to set also tyre wear to x3 in game menu . It will help you alot , especially after 2-3 laps when tyres will be not in perfect condition .

very realisticI don't remember that i needed to raise the tyre pressure to the max and **** up the camber to do the donuts in my e30
Not sure what he's on about... in the 458; I have to be REALLY careful not to kick the ass out when applying any kind of throttle in the first 3 gears.
So is it better than nK?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Not sure what he's on about... in the 458; I have to be REALLY careful not to kick the ass out when applying any kind of throttle in the first 3 gears.

Secret 35% traction control that somebody can't turn off, no matter what to test that you must do the donut with e30, if u succeed, god for u if the old beamer bogs down = 35%
Quote from chanoman315 :So is it better than nK?

Yes, but it's obviously not perfect. Certainly one of the best that is available atm. Thats for sure.
One of the best doesn't cut it, as there's like 3 proper sims on the market Gotta put some cash on my internet card asap..

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG