The online racing simulator
I'm sorry, our language differences make it so that I canot understand if you either telling me I'm an idiot or if the game is wrong somehow

I, well, haha, ofc. using a clutch is pretty straight forward, it's just the way it's presented to new players. Also the way the option meny are set up. It gives no hints or text what so ever, and you're stucked on the place clueless - unless you're not an idiot like me or if you have internet where you can find the answer ;P
Quote from The Very End :I'm sorry, our language differences make it so that I canot understand if you either telling me I'm an idiot or if the game is wrong somehow

The second one I don't have a clutch pedal, but if weird things happen when the car isn't moving, it's because physics seem to not exist at 0mph.
Quote from JackCY :Tried it and so far do not like it much. It is really a beta version, lots of things is unfinished. Also it only works on DX 10.1 or higher. Setting it to lowest it looks like shiny poo and still doesn't get decent fps.

No FOV adjustment for me. But it's great they added grass and sand and curbs into a config so one can maybe make those off track surface have same grip as tarmac? LOL

A naive question. By default the simulation settings are on "Gamer" which means lots of help/assistance to the driving. Have you tried the game withou these helps?

Actually setting the game on "gamer " by default is beyond stupid as it give some foods to the haters who can't be bothered looking if there are options somewhere.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think a DirectX10.0 patch was sort of released over the weekend?

It's a racing sim.

I guess the driver or something is included in DirectX or something.

Can't judge physics with a keyboard. Unless you drive real cars with a keyboard.
Just no.
There are skins and colours. Setups limited to what is vaguely possible on the actual cars. Track configs will be included later.

Turn it off in an .ini file.
Electronic stability control??

Pretty damn brilliantly.
I'm sure the numbers in the setup area will be refined. At the moment, I'm more concerned that some settings are measurements (degrees, millimeters etc) and others are just arbitrary scales (4 out of 6).
Ermmm...
Really? Not tried running it in DOS mode.
Oh no, you can't speed in the pitlane. Destroy the game. But I agree that ABS=off should equal ABS=off, even if the real car has it.
Erm... Slip the clutch some more.
I'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough, but I think most people can drift without needing the clutch.
Well... Too early to be sure exactly, but rFactor is awful. Always has been. Always will be. Unless you're referring to rF2, but I haven't tried that.
It's a beta version really. People who use beta versions are often quite happy fiddling with ini files to find what works without the user interface needing to be designed for every adjustment.
Press + -

Like I said it did not work turning it off and adjusting the ini files.
The steering helpers should be removed for all controllers, when I switch them off then they should be off 100% not that I find later when racing that it still tries to help me which actually has the opposite effect. So instead of sliding the rear and steering in it kills the throttle so I don't spin oh my, it saved my life... really? Remove the artificial helpers. If one wants full throttle it should be full throttle that moment no matter what.

Patch here patch there, it still won't run on anything below DX10. I'm happy with simple graphics, one can see more easily instead of the gloom bloom HDR that I turned off anyway.

It's a racing sim is to be seen, LFS is and it has mouse steering and it works well, unless I drive leagues I have no need for a wheel, happy with mouse and keys.
Quote from Maelstrom :A naive question. By default the simulation settings are on "Gamer" which means lots of help/assistance to the driving. Have you tried the game withou these helps?

Actually setting the game on "gamer " by default is beyond stupid as it give some foods to the haters who can't be bothered looking if there are options somewhere.

Custom, turned everything off like it is in PRO setting +added 100% mechanical damage. Did not turn visual damage on.
I did check all the settings around and read the ini files.
I dont get what you are on about when you talk about artificial helpers?

If you turn the aids off (pro mode) there are no assists apart from ABS, EDF and TC on the cars that have them in real life. (and they can still be turned off if you want to once in car) CTR+T for TC CTR+A for ABS

There is absolutely no throttle,brake or steering assists in pro mode unless you're driving with keys, and who would be silly enough to do that in a sim?
So why does a sim has driving with keys then?
http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... 30-drifting-feeling.1713/

Quote :Well, this is a bit personal, but i think there is a problem in the physics (besides the throttle response), in many cars the moment of losing grip of the tires is a bit abrupt, with street tires i think it should be more progressive, and then when you are drifting the grip appears suddenly again and the car loses power to drift, totally weird with some cars and his torque.

The E30 is very difficult to drift with power, in standing, clutch pressed, gas at 100%, steering to one side, release the clutch and the drift lasts some seconds, is impossible to do a donut for example, and i had a 320i e30 that could drift easier, sometimes with clutch help of course, with less power. Is as if the tires have more grip or the engine less power than it have.

I haven't drive a M3 E30 in real life, but other BMWs (330d, 325i e92, etc) or RWD cars yes and i think that the lose of grip should be easier and mantaining it during the drifting with control too.

Quote :I feel the same as OP, it's very obvious in the E30 but I think it applies to pretty much every car now, we're getting insane ammounts of rear longitudinal grip that make cars feel like they have less HP than they should have. To me the M3 shouldn't require so much hard work to get the tail out, just planting the throttle mid corner should make it powerslide and adding some power while in the drift should surely make the RPMs go up and not struggle so hard like it does now. In every drifting videos I've seen you have to work so hard to make it drift ( handbrake, clutch kick etc... ).
When I try to do donuts with it, it feels like a 318i, the RPMs can't stay up and eventually the car will "stall" after one round. I'm pretty sure I can make donuts last longer in my 140HP little MX5 than with this M3 ( Don't ask me to try and video it tho, I don't have money to waste on tyres, clutch etc... nor do I want to damage it )
Same feeling with the Ferrari 458, I feel like hasn't got all it's power and surely going 100% on the gas in the middle of corner should really make it powerslide a lot especially on street tyres, but all I'm ever getting is grip, grip, grip and more grip.
I must add that the cars in the steam pre release video you posted on youtube seemed to have much less problem to hold slides and looked to handle better overall, so I'm pretty hopeful you added grip in this version so everyone could drive it and didn't think it was like iRacing where you lose the car too easily.

I'm not posting any of this to bash the game just so you know, I'm just giving feedback for the sim to get closer to reality (or at least I'm trying, not claiming to be a know it all whatsoever, I might be wrong).

Yeah I did find it hard to donuts in the cars...
Taking off the tires would make it easier to slide.
Quote from CheerioDM :Taking off the tires would make it easier to slide.

probably

Quote :to everyone that finds driffting in e30 problematic ;

raise your tyres persaure to max (40)
front camber : 0,6
rear camber : 1,8

Remeber to set also tyre wear to x3 in game menu . It will help you alot , especially after 2-3 laps when tyres will be not in perfect condition .

very realisticI don't remember that i needed to raise the tyre pressure to the max and **** up the camber to do the donuts in my e30
Not sure what he's on about... in the 458; I have to be REALLY careful not to kick the ass out when applying any kind of throttle in the first 3 gears.
So is it better than nK?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Not sure what he's on about... in the 458; I have to be REALLY careful not to kick the ass out when applying any kind of throttle in the first 3 gears.

Secret 35% traction control that somebody can't turn off, no matter what to test that you must do the donut with e30, if u succeed, god for u if the old beamer bogs down = 35%
Quote from chanoman315 :So is it better than nK?

Yes, but it's obviously not perfect. Certainly one of the best that is available atm. Thats for sure.
One of the best doesn't cut it, as there's like 3 proper sims on the market Gotta put some cash on my internet card asap..
Quote from sinbad :0mph physics are basically non-existent Watch what happens if you screech all the way to a stop. The nose stays pointed at the floor and then you get the weird sinking effect

Quote :Yes known issue. For now don't worry about behaviour close to zero speed.
Luca Sodano

http://www.assettocorsa.net/fo ... raking-to-full-stop.1856/

Physics are not final and will get better- which is good, as I was worried about a few things as well.
Quote from Boris Lozac :One of the best doesn't cut it, as there's like 3 proper sims on the market Gotta put some cash on my internet card asap..

Yeah, well, i still consider LFS one of the best , but regardless, there are 1 or 2 more.

However, considering the price, it really is a no-brainer. Personally i'm not so happy with the sounds as there is this kind of echo present, especially in the TV cams, but that might change hopefully.

Driving feels already very nice and it runs pretty well.
I can do donuts in the E30 M3 all day? If you are on semislicks it would make it harder, but on the 90s street rubber it feels right.
Spent an hour in the KTM at Imola yesterday.

Still haven't found perfection with my wheel/pedal settings - need to see what brake gamma does, as struggling with braking properly (although that might be because the ECCI pedals are position based not pressure based... But I've had them for 8 years now so can't complain too much).

But has there been a more entertaining simulator than this ever? LFS felt right from the word go, but this is even better (as it should be - it's brand new).

No, it isn't perfect. Yes there are bugs and flaws. Some of the choices and compromises are not the same as I would have made if I was in charge. But as a whole, even ignoring the 0.1.2 version number, it's damn impressive.

Really want to tackle the wheel/pedal settings in a variety of cars. Main problem
is that the G25 so weak, so you can't have the steering load AND the fidelity.
Which current sim wheel has the most torque. And a load cells brake!
I'm having trouble always overshooting in to corners just a tad too fast with the street cars, somehow the brakes just aren't as effective as I expect them to be.
Yeah, or I lock up and overshoot that way. Not sure if it's a pedal settings problem, a sense of speed (FOV) problem, or just getting used to the sense of distance/speed/braking in the sim.

Always a shock to realise how hard it is to judge everything without real g-forces too!
Think it must be a sense of speed issue. Even with a "correct" FOV as far as I can tell I still overshhot corners too. But the braking distances seems to make sense, so I think it's just adapting and/or figuring out the correct FOV.

My procedure so far is to match the steering wheel in the car with the real one. I know it's not correct.

If you enable triple screen you get measurement inputs like in iRacing, just set bezels to 0 and screen width to 1/3 of your real one.
I don't have triple screen. The mathematically correct FOV (as if I was looking through a monitor sized window) is hopeless. Had to increase the default FOV to about 70 to get the sense of speed even close to right. The sense of speed comes from how quickly stuff at the edge of the view flies past, so on a triple monitor, or with a wrap-around screen, or with something like a Rift that helps with peripheral vision, you can get away with a mathematically correct view, but on a single monitor you can't.
I still prefer the "Correct" FOV evn if it is constricted, though. Makes the scale correct. I'll dream of triple screens some other day.

My point about triple screen setting was that you get to type in the measurements and get the "correct" FOV ingame, even if that reveal your display limitations. :-)

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG