The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
I got an email through about a reply from AC support asking me to attach my crash logs and PC specs.

My crash log folder was entirely empty which I had explained already and there's no point saying anything more unless it doesn't work on Windows 7 64 as well.
Well, you could still try that Steam integrity stuff as a last hope.
Asked Kunos what's the deal with that Max frame latency and why's it default at 0.

" I think the guys at nvidia,amd and intel developing the driver know better That is why it defaults to whatever they choose."

Not exactly sure what he meant, that it wasn't his choice or what..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Asked Kunos what's the deal with that Max frame latency and why's it default at 0.

" I think the guys at nvidia,amd and intel developing the driver know better That is why it defaults to whatever they choose."

What he means is that a setting of "0" means no setting, which leaves it up to the GPU driver. I don't have a working Catalyst anymore (stupid .Net), but there's a setting in there (and the nV control panel) to specify how many frames to render ahead. That's what Kunos is talking about.

Not hard to understand.
Well obviously it's not better at 0, as witnessed by whoever tried it..
I don't think I have the option in my catalyst control centre. Honestly if I didn't see controller input-lag in so many videos posted by the devs themselves I would be less concerned. Their whole attitude to these problems has been too dismissive, like "it's not our problem, we just make the simulator, if you can't control it it's no concern of ours".

Also, why do I need to "associate with Steam" to read the forums now? I would read the post explaining why but I need to "associate with Steam" to do so hah.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Asked Kunos what's the deal with that Max frame latency and why's it default at 0.

Surely rendering frames ahead will introduce a form of input lag, so it would be a bad idea on a system that can handle rendering in real time. Presumably on an old system that can't cope with rendering in real time it is better to get a steady stream of frames even though they are slightly out of date.

Or have I misunderstood how pre-rendering frames works?
Quote from ajp71 :Surely rendering frames ahead will introduce a form of input lag, so it would be a bad idea on a system that can handle rendering in real time. Presumably on an old system that can't cope with rendering in real time it is better to get a steady stream of frames even though they are slightly out of date.

Or have I misunderstood how pre-rendering frames works?

The default in the driver is 3 (which is what 0 in AC uses), so yeah you're basically right, setting to 1 helps a ton.
@sinbad

Quote from AC Support :Now the forum requests Steam Integration to read threads. This is a little countermeasure against users with pirated software.
When it asks for a password, you need to insert the password of the FORUM USER profile, not Facebook neither Steam.

Quote from DeKo :The default in the driver is 3 (which is what 0 in AC uses), so yeah you're basically right, setting to 1 helps a ton.

Ah interesting, will give that a go then!
Thanks, no big deal I guess, but it should really ask you if you want your connected account name to be displayed, rather than just display it by default.

For me getting rid of the input lag was a game changer. Suddenly you feel connected, and even though I still don't think the FFB is the best around the straight-ahead, I do now feel confident enough to attack in the knowledge that I can catch the little inevitable slides. Cars like the F40 and e30 which react much more slowly become a real joy. F40 on the street 90s around Mugello is amazing, and I'm trying to get in to the 1:58s at Imola with it but keep bottling it in the last section I've no idea even what the pace is and I don't care tbh, I am really enjoying just driving the cars at the moment.

I don't care for the "showroom" nonsense, and really the input lag thing is more serious imo than they seem to think, but on the whole AC is right up my street (so far). I just really really hope they go for simplicity and efficiency with the multiplayer.
Quote from sinbad :and I'm trying to get in to the 1:58s at Imola with it but keep bottling it in the last section .

What tires? Hardly Street 90's?
if my render frames ahead is already = 0 should i leave it? or should i turn it to = 1
Quote from Boris Lozac :What tires? Hardly Street 90's?

Yes street 90s. Running ten litres of fuel and standard settings otherwise. Obviously no cutting either. 59.6 is my best but with a ridiculous last two corners.
Quote from r3dman :if my render frames ahead is already = 0 should i leave it? Or should i turn it to = 1

@ sinbad

Cmon Watching RSR leaderboards, all the guys below 2:00 are on semislicsks, maybe if i shit bricks i can go 2.00.00.
Then I have a serious bug with my game. :-)

I can do low 2:00.0s all day long with the street nineties.
RSR confirmation or it didn't happen
Quote from Boris Lozac :RSR confirmation or it didn't happen

I have a replay of the 59.6 or whatever it was.
I'll try with the RSR thing, haven't bothered installing it yet.
There you go, I guess. 52nd place at the moment.
Alright then Guess i suck
Got a G27 for christmas. Downloaded that RSR lap time thingy. Thought I would see how I am doing. Disappointed to see I am 4 seconds off the pace!

599xx at silverstone first time driving this car/track combo and I only did a couple of laps but there is no way I could find 4 seconds. I think at best I could get into the low 59s.

http://www.radiators-champ.com ... river_profile&id=2536

Did you have a wheel prior? The 599 car may seem easily controllable but its very hard to get a top time from without lots of practice or crazy raw talent. I'd say the top times also have setup changes done. I think I did a low 57 there after about 10 laps without any setup changes. I can promise you theres plenty of time left, as I'm no alien.
Quote from PMD9409 :Did you have a wheel prior? The 599 car may seem easily controllable but its very hard to get a top time from without lots of practice or crazy raw talent. I'd say the top times also have setup changes done. I think I did a low 57 there after about 10 laps without any setup changes. I can promise you theres plenty of time left, as I'm no alien.

I have not had a wheel for a couple of years. Good to know you can get down to 57 without setup changes
Quote from sil3ntwar :Got a G27 for christmas. Downloaded that RSR lap time thingy. Thought I would see how I am doing. Disappointed to see I am 4 seconds off the pace!

599xx at silverstone first time driving this car/track combo and I only did a couple of laps but there is no way I could find 4 seconds. I think at best I could get into the low 59s.

http://www.radiators-champ.com ... river_profile&id=2536

just keep at it..

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG