The online racing simulator
Quote from DratsaB :But surely the M3 e30 should require you to use a clutch if you have it?

Hmm, but the E30 does need the clutch. If I try to change without the clutch, or without rev-matching, I get a lovely grinding noise instead.

Stalling behaviour is lacking, though.
Assetto Corsa is pretty good.

The clutch simulation is inconsistent. I get the impression that they're focusing on other aspects right now.

The graphics are still borked. I have an Nvidia 560ti, and the performance is extremely poor. There was a patch during the tech preview that fixed it, but the problems seem to be back. With the right settings, it runs fine.

I'm pretty excited by the Python API.

It's really hard not to speculate on the time to completion for some reason 1-2 years
Oh nice to see this out.

I wish I had some better pc bits to enjoy it at it's fullest, but I think this could be a cracker when multi-player is introduced.

The balance and weight transfer of the road cars under heavy braking is really very good but the ffb needs some tweaking...I'll get round to that soon.

Very good value compared to iracing for sure and I know Moose will have a smile on his face
I've been enjoying the KTM a lot. The first section of Vallelunga is great, and I don't remember enjoying Imola as much in any video game as I am with AC.
The FFB is absolutely fantastic at differentiating one car from another, but I still don't like it around the straight-ahead, it's fine for steering, but it's those little reflex corrections where it feels inaccurate, or simply too slow, and almost more of a hindrance than a help. Perhaps I need to tweak the options a little. Speaking of which, why can't I get the AA/AF to work (HD7770), and where are the FOV/camera adjust options?
Quote from sinbad :I've been enjoying the KTM a lot. The first section of Vallelunga is great, and I don't remember enjoying Imola as much in any video game as I am with AC.
The FFB is absolutely fantastic at differentiating one car from another, but I still don't like it around the straight-ahead, it's fine for steering, but it's those little reflex corrections where it feels inaccurate, or simply too slow, and almost more of a hindrance than a help. Perhaps I need to tweak the options a little. Speaking of which, why can't I get the AA/AF to work (HD7770), and where are the FOV/camera adjust options?

To get a widget that allows FOV and seat position adjustment, enable Dev Apps in Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini
Not sure about AA/AF, could be an AMD only issue, as it's fine for me with an nVidia card.

Edit: I have no idea why there's a space in assetto_corsa.ini, it's not there in my post when i edit it or quote it :/

Edit2: AC uses vertical FOV, not horizontal like LFS, so values are lower. A handy FOV calculator is here.
+ and - on the keypad to adjust FOV, needs to be the num keypad doesn't work on the keyboard.

Correct FOV is both very good and an absolute must to get the benefit from this game I think.

But, as nice as this new toy is until multiplayer is introduced then it will hold limited interest for me. Hotlapping becomes tiresome pretty quick.
Quote from AlienT. :Very good value compared to iracing for sure and I know Moose will have a smile on his face

Hehe, I've not actually got it yet as i'm a bit skint, but i got a few hours on it yesterday at my brothers and within my first 1/2 Lap i was grinning like an idiot

As expected from a Kunos product it just feels so natural to drive. Easily the best physics of any sim so far for me. And to think..it's only the start!

Delighted for the guys at KS. I hope it's a real success for them.
Quote from Bean0 :
Edit: I have no idea why there's a space in assetto_corsa.ini, it's not there in my post when i edit it or quote it :/

FYI: it's a vBulletin feature to avoid messing up the page layout when a too long "word" appears
Quote from The Moose :Hehe, I've not actually got it yet as i'm a bit skint, but i got a few hours on it yesterday at my brothers and within my first 1/2 Lap i was grinning like an idiot

As expected from a Kunos product it just feels so natural to drive. Easily the best physics of any sim so far for me. And to think..it's only the start!

Delighted for the guys at KS. I hope it's a real success for them.

**** it can you gift it on steam? can't believe you haven't got it yet you noob! :P
Quote from AlienT. : can't believe you haven't got it yet you noob! :P

Even with my love of sim racing... the need to eat comes first
Food is for fat people!
Quote from AlienT. :Food is for fat people!

Hmm, my investigating of your comment has led me to conclude you're right. I'll stop eating immediately

That's a photo of Andy and Todd on a Radicals day out.
Quote from alient. :that's a photo of andy and todd on a radicals day out.

Literally laughed out loud!
I knew that Andy was hot....i mean fat.
Andy Kirschetitties
I would love to give a try at this game, but they don't have demo content or anything like that. I can't even know if it's worth buying that game without being able to test it with some sort of demo content..Also, the price is bloody steep imo... o_O
There will be a demo when the full featured game is out, you will just have to wait. (Or buy it now for early access of course)
Quote from MousemanLV :I would love to give a try at this game, but they don't have demo content or anything like that. I can't even know if it's worth buying that game without being able to test it with some sort of demo content..Also, the price is bloody steep imo... o_O

Actually, I (and pretty sure the others as well) would say it's worth every penny.
I concur, maybe it's not as amazing value as LFS in the current state, but it's a bargain compared to iRental or even RF2.
Yes, worth every penny. There are some issues still - a few bugs with kerbs makin the car go flying 50ft, or the spongy FFB, or the sounds, or the AA, or the AiM shit lights on the Tatuus. Most will probably be perfect.

The FFB is strange. If I lower it to ~25% then it clips, but is weak. If I have it at 150% it's about the right strength (on a G25), but clips the same amount. How does that work?!
Does anyone know how I change the FOV? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, found it in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\camera_onboard.ini

Seems it's vertical FOV also.
Quote from tristancliffe :The FFB is strange. If I lower it to ~25% then it clips, but is weak. If I have it at 150% it's about the right strength (on a G25), but clips the same amount. How does that work?!

Sound like the FFB strength setting is a upper limit instead of a multiplier.
Quote from DaveWS :Does anyone know how I change the FOV? Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, found it in Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\camera_onboard.ini

Seems it's vertical FOV also.

You can do it ingame as well, press + and -.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG