The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
Quote :
Guys.. again, and for the last time.

DX 10 is NOT supported by Assetto Corsa, never was, never will, and no, we cannot support it because the DX 10 profile is not compatible with our shaders.

Thread closed

Phahahaha .. I'm sorry I needed to laugh out loud here. And he is calling himself Lord? Lord Kunos?

How retarded is that...

Anyway, troy, get DX11 GPU.. Even my laptop can do that
I am planning to do that, since months actually was just waiting for assetto to be released, but I would still like to play until I get it next week.
Quote from cargame.nl :

Phahahaha .. I'm sorry I needed to laugh out loud here. And he is calling himself Lord? Lord Kunos?

How retarded is that...

Why is it retarded? They clearly stated a DX10.1 card was minimum specs. Just because it might have been working with lesser cards previously doesn't mean they have to keep support cards that they have always said are incompatible.

Whilst i have sympathy for those who now need to upgrade their cards, it's always a huge gamble buying software that the developers have stated clearly is incompatible with their hardware. Kunos post was perfectly reasonable.
Quote from The Moose :Why is it retarded? They clearly stated a DX10.1 card was minimum specs.

Releasing a DX10.0 sim and a day later a 10.1 one is also "lame" but I was talking about his forum name.
Good news Troy Enjoy!
Quote from cargame.nl :Releasing a DX10.0 sim and a day later a 10.1 one is also "lame" but I was talking about his forum name.

He didn't release a dx10.0 sim. He released a dx10.1 sim that luckily some dx10.0 users were able to use.

Who gives a toss about forum names?
Quote from cargame.nl : I was talking about his forum name.

So you're saying that we should all take you seriously as 'cargame.nl' ?

We should take all pseudonyms literally? I don't understand the relevance.
Quote from MataGyula :Same config, but running the game at 1920*1200 - I get anything between 100-200 FPS, with everything turned down to low/off (who needs eye candy, right?). It still looks more than decent tho! ^^

I am in the process of replacing the 6870 with a 7870XT - I tried the tech.prev. with the 7870, and it was able to produce playable framerate with all things maxed out! ^^ Unfortunately I had to RMA the card, so for the time being I'm back to the 6870.

Can u run it on mid/high?

btw. ill get this next month ( hope so)

http://geizhals.at/de/club-3d- ... -cgax-7977f2-a841184.html
Quote from DratsaB :But surely the M3 e30 should require you to use a clutch if you have it?

Hmm, but the E30 does need the clutch. If I try to change without the clutch, or without rev-matching, I get a lovely grinding noise instead.

Stalling behaviour is lacking, though.
Assetto Corsa is pretty good.

The clutch simulation is inconsistent. I get the impression that they're focusing on other aspects right now.

The graphics are still borked. I have an Nvidia 560ti, and the performance is extremely poor. There was a patch during the tech preview that fixed it, but the problems seem to be back. With the right settings, it runs fine.

I'm pretty excited by the Python API.

It's really hard not to speculate on the time to completion for some reason 1-2 years
Oh nice to see this out.

I wish I had some better pc bits to enjoy it at it's fullest, but I think this could be a cracker when multi-player is introduced.

The balance and weight transfer of the road cars under heavy braking is really very good but the ffb needs some tweaking...I'll get round to that soon.

Very good value compared to iracing for sure and I know Moose will have a smile on his face
I've been enjoying the KTM a lot. The first section of Vallelunga is great, and I don't remember enjoying Imola as much in any video game as I am with AC.
The FFB is absolutely fantastic at differentiating one car from another, but I still don't like it around the straight-ahead, it's fine for steering, but it's those little reflex corrections where it feels inaccurate, or simply too slow, and almost more of a hindrance than a help. Perhaps I need to tweak the options a little. Speaking of which, why can't I get the AA/AF to work (HD7770), and where are the FOV/camera adjust options?
Quote from sinbad :I've been enjoying the KTM a lot. The first section of Vallelunga is great, and I don't remember enjoying Imola as much in any video game as I am with AC.
The FFB is absolutely fantastic at differentiating one car from another, but I still don't like it around the straight-ahead, it's fine for steering, but it's those little reflex corrections where it feels inaccurate, or simply too slow, and almost more of a hindrance than a help. Perhaps I need to tweak the options a little. Speaking of which, why can't I get the AA/AF to work (HD7770), and where are the FOV/camera adjust options?

To get a widget that allows FOV and seat position adjustment, enable Dev Apps in Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\assetto_corsa.ini
Not sure about AA/AF, could be an AMD only issue, as it's fine for me with an nVidia card.

Edit: I have no idea why there's a space in assetto_corsa.ini, it's not there in my post when i edit it or quote it :/

Edit2: AC uses vertical FOV, not horizontal like LFS, so values are lower. A handy FOV calculator is here.
+ and - on the keypad to adjust FOV, needs to be the num keypad doesn't work on the keyboard.

Correct FOV is both very good and an absolute must to get the benefit from this game I think.

But, as nice as this new toy is until multiplayer is introduced then it will hold limited interest for me. Hotlapping becomes tiresome pretty quick.
Quote from AlienT. :Very good value compared to iracing for sure and I know Moose will have a smile on his face

Hehe, I've not actually got it yet as i'm a bit skint, but i got a few hours on it yesterday at my brothers and within my first 1/2 Lap i was grinning like an idiot

As expected from a Kunos product it just feels so natural to drive. Easily the best physics of any sim so far for me. And to think..it's only the start!

Delighted for the guys at KS. I hope it's a real success for them.
Quote from Bean0 :
Edit: I have no idea why there's a space in assetto_corsa.ini, it's not there in my post when i edit it or quote it :/

FYI: it's a vBulletin feature to avoid messing up the page layout when a too long "word" appears
Quote from The Moose :Hehe, I've not actually got it yet as i'm a bit skint, but i got a few hours on it yesterday at my brothers and within my first 1/2 Lap i was grinning like an idiot

As expected from a Kunos product it just feels so natural to drive. Easily the best physics of any sim so far for me. And to think..it's only the start!

Delighted for the guys at KS. I hope it's a real success for them.

**** it can you gift it on steam? can't believe you haven't got it yet you noob! :P
Quote from AlienT. : can't believe you haven't got it yet you noob! :P

Even with my love of sim racing... the need to eat comes first
Food is for fat people!
Quote from AlienT. :Food is for fat people!

Hmm, my investigating of your comment has led me to conclude you're right. I'll stop eating immediately

That's a photo of Andy and Todd on a Radicals day out.
Quote from alient. :that's a photo of andy and todd on a radicals day out.

Literally laughed out loud!
I knew that Andy was hot....i mean fat.
Andy Kirschetitties

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG