The online racing simulator
Quote from Töki (HUN) :The king of iR videos, Stabiz moved to AC and hopefully he'll do more fapping materials like this one. 458 is next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CxukivksF8

Stabiz = Frederik Follestad

To be fair the doors on that E92 look like they open too much. They are like 90 degrees to the car... XD

Also Tristan, what kerbs are you refering to? :S I drive as ragged as Hamilton on Cocaine and I didn't find a kerb that sent me sufficiently into the air..
Some Vallelunga kerbs have inner bumps that are pretty nasty.
-
(CheerioDM) DELETED by Flame CZE
lol dem graphics.

Never noticed those kerbs
Quote from Keling :Sound like the FFB strength setting is a upper limit instead of a multiplier.

but if it was an upper limit OR a multiplier, you expect less clipping with a lower amount. Now, you get the same clipping regardless of strength. TP wasn't like that.

Quote from BlueFlame :Stabiz = Frederik Follestad

To be fair the doors on that E92 look like they open too much. They are like 90 degrees to the car... XD

Also Tristan, what kerbs are you refering to? :S I drive as ragged as Hamilton on Cocaine and I didn't find a kerb that sent me sufficiently into the air..

Sorry, I forgot you'd tried every kerb with every car on every line. I had it happen at Silverstone, both in the Tatuus and in one of the BMWs. But as it hasn't happened to you I guess that means I must be lying. My bad.

You daft utter cock. Have you applied for a new brain, because you haven't had one since you've been on this forum.
They aren't very keen on having issues pointed out to them, that's for sure....

Pointing out that not having the kerbs do anything to the steering rack didn't go down very well....
They really can't handle critics indeed, like some devs over at BeamNG.

AC devs sometimes visit LFSForum, so they might go full Eric and permaban everyone that does not like their game.
Hehe. That would be awesome! :-p

The devs at BeamNG.... Dude... Those guys need a bucket of chill pills.
Quote from tristancliffe :

Sorry, I forgot you'd tried every kerb with every car on every line. I had it happen at Silverstone, both in the Tatuus and in one of the BMWs. But as it hasn't happened to you I guess that means I must be lying. My bad.

You daft utter cock. Have you applied for a new brain, because you haven't had one since you've been on this forum.

Er what? It was simple confusion at the fact i push the track limits quite liberally and never launched my car into the air once. I was asking where/how because I was confused at how this was possible.

So if someone even implies [which I am not in any way] you were lying you go all rogue kb warrior on them? Or what? I don't understand, forgive me and my non existent brain oh great one.
Obviously never went wide into T2 at Silverstone then, that sausage kerb throws you skywards.
The overall look kinda reminds me of GT5, even down to the crappy dark dynamic range
Though a bit more "sterile" in replays.
Either he's using the same lighting engine, which is middleware after all, or he studied GT5 intently
The coder did have good words to say about GT5 afterall, so he probably has a copy

Physics wise, the cars have a lot of heft and solidity to it, unlike the driving on ice feel of a lot of games like GT5 and iRacing. Even when using street tyres. Super soft slicks are pretty forgiving

FFB feels better in iRacing though, but it's just a matter of difference and getting used to it.

I love the surface and curb sounds - nice and visceral.
Car sounds not so much, but some are decent.

When using an Xbox controller, there sure is a lot of feedback from the vibration, much more than using a wheel.
Though I kinda found it annoying
Yeah, the wheel FFB isw pretty much non'existent, or the aligning forces is just drowning everything out. I get the ocational slight jolt going over potholes in classic Monza in the Lotus 49, but the other cars are just limp. Others have reported the same, and many have the T500RS, as I do. Might be something there....
Apart from the premature clipping regardless of strength, and being a bit woolly near straight ahead, I find the FFB quite communicative. As good as LFS and nKP, and miles better than the last time I bothered spending a months salary on iRacing. There haven't been many sims where you feel the roots of a slide starting to build up, and be able to judge whether corrective action is needed or if it'll sort itself out first.
I just thought it would be pretty cool to form a kind of community/group of the people who also came from LFS and are into Assetto Corsa, so we can find eachother. I just can't wait for the multiplayer already.. That will be a lot of fun.
Quote from Kristi :I just thought it would be pretty cool to form a kind of community/group of the people who also came from LFS and are into Assetto Corsa, so we can find eachother. I just can't wait for the multiplayer already.. That will be a lot of fun.

Good idea, I've just created a group, feel free to join everyone.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/corsassetto
Is that Z4 supposed to be the I6 twin turbo version??

It makes strange sounds that seem like maybe they're supposed to be turbocharger sounds but it doesn't seem to act properly.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :strange sounds

Synonymous to Assetto Corsa.

I hope the sound engine is flexible enough to atleast allow modders to do a proper job at engine sounds.
Quote from tristancliffe :Apart from the premature clipping regardless of strength, and being a bit woolly near straight ahead, I find the FFB quite communicative. As good as LFS and nKP, and miles better than the last time I bothered spending a months salary on iRacing. There haven't been many sims where you feel the roots of a slide starting to build up, and be able to judge whether corrective action is needed or if it'll sort itself out first.

Hit the nail on the head there fella.

Just sent ages lapping the KTM at Silverstone. couldn't stop driving. Give the car a more lively setup and it's an absolute pleasure to drive. If all Kunos ever did was add cars and tracks to this i'd still be a happy man just lapping the cars.

(still cant wait to do some multiplayer with good mates though :razz
Looking at the videos on youtube, that high pitched sound when the cars brake is horrid.
Quote from The Moose :

Just sent ages lapping the KTM at Silverstone. couldn't stop driving. Give the car a more lively setup and it's an absolute pleasure to drive. If all Kunos ever did was add cars and tracks to this i'd still be a happy man just lapping the cars.

+1

As with the TP, it's such a ... immersive sim you almost feel like you could judge the handling of a 458 as if you'd actually drive one, because all of the information you're getting feels entirely realistic.
Quote from troy :Ultimate realizm dude! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHa5bWHWjlM It's the real deal!

That could actually sound good if the samples were decently adjusted.

If creating sounds for ac is as easy as it was for nkpro then all you basically need is some decent sound samples and some time spent in notepad.

After all I made this for nkpro for the vintage car:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ8yDfTS0yk
www.youtube.com/watch?v=00i5ThjpILE

I don't have ac but in nkpro there was this sound folder where the samples were and there was also two .nke files. One for internal sound ad one for external sounds. Reading the .nke files and going from there should be pretty self-explanatory because there isn't all that much to adjust. Finding good samples is very difficult though.
Quote from The Moose :Hit the nail on the head there fella.

(still cant wait to do some multiplayer with good mates though :razz

The KTM is superb, I totally agree with you on that, wonderfully controllable and just great fun.
You have a Driving Force GT too, I believe, what are your wheel settings?

I'm not very clued up on all this clipping stuff, and I'm not exactly sure what it is, but from what I gather it's basically when the wheel can no longer add the force the game is sending to it because it's already at the maximum, so it feels heavy but dead. I've been playing with the forces and using the pedal widget with the red FFB load bar but I can't get it feeling solid without at least some clipping.

I have to add that I have absolutely no regrets purchasing this at this early stage. If we as sim fans aren't prepared to back a developer like KS when they reach this stage then we're not doing ourselves any favours. Besides there are so few car/racing sims that you'd be mad to pass one like this up. It really has the makings of something fantastic, too.
Quote from BlueFlame :... Also Tristan, what kerbs are you refering to? :S I drive as ragged as Hamilton on Cocaine and I didn't find a kerb that sent me sufficiently into the air..

Kerrrrrrrbbbssss http://youtu.be/ocYd_-8WvcE
And moar kerrrbbbssss http://youtu.be/P-C-Kv7WLT8

Quote from undertaker00 :Can u run it on mid/high?

btw. ill get this next month ( hope so)

http://geizhals.at/de/club-3d- ... -cgax-7977f2-a841184.html

To be honest, there isn't a lot of settings you can turn down Running 16xAF+2xAA, very low shadow resolution, HDR and motion blur disabled (because I dont like them), Cubemap resolution set to Low (this is the real killer for performance), "Faces per Frame" set to 1. This way I get around 120FPS. That 7970 should be more than enough for the game

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG