The online racing simulator
The 458's understeer seems to be exacerbated by Silverstone's layout. Had a bit more time on it now trying the M1 and so on... it's just too good.
Quote from Tango :another small update this evening...

- Removed penalty system in race special events
- Fixed session over leaderboard
- Fixed session result post session
- Added more slipstream
- AI acts less superhuman after collisions
- Replay memory limit slider increased to 500mb
- Added missing skins for BMW M3 grA
- Modifications on collisions boxes of very low cars.

You are a day late on this update, check previous page.
Quote from ACCAkut :and it sounds so boring, just like the Camry that engine once came out of. PMD, do you still have those Evora GTE onboards somewhere that were posted on you youtube channel? Those should make a good base for a sound pack.

Well the GTE in game is a road car, not the GTE race car I have onboards of.

Here is the onboard though, listed now with all my old videos that were uploaded before channel got nuked.
Quote from Matrixi :I'd love to have fully tweakable setups on all cars...

The M-O-D system can take care of that, so don't worry.
Wow, Rivali Tempo is so much better then RSR. It separates the lap times by tyre compound, in the game too, the lap times are listed depending on what tyre you're on etc.. You can launch the combo from the browser etc.
Can you have both apps?
Quote from Matrixi :Gear ratios (transmission and diff) are pretty much the only wildly unrealistic setup option there is in LFS. Aside from those, I can't see why everyone should be locked in to limited setups, especially on private servers for example.

I guess that's one reason why AC devs are introducing these "stage" and drift models of the stock cars, but even they lack some badly needed settings.

Diff is done pretty easy in real life. We changed mine from 3.15 to 3.73 by just ordering parts and doing it ourselfs.
And was under 200€. But gearbox ratios is another story indeed unless you have allot of money to blow.
But I know what you guys are on
Stock e30m3 sport evo came from factory with 3.15 diff, it's to tall for that torque less rev happy s14 engine Here in Latvia one guy owns that exact model, It's probably the only sport evo in eastern europe, and first thing he did is change to 3.45 ratio, car become much more responsive, and still usable for street driving, for track purpose 3.73 would be ideal, car would be much more enjoyable/faster and 4.10 ratio for tracks like Magione and Joux

Try XRT with realistic street car ratios, 5 gear @100km/h ~2,5k rpm, it's hopeless

edit: Just tested XRT wr setup in the LFS most highest speed track - AS4R, and @ 100km/h in 5 gear = 3k rpm, bear in mind XRT has similar power 247hp@6036 rpm vs 'AC' e30m3 238hp@7k rpm, but much more torque 345 Nm @ 3896 rpm, while e30 only has 240Nm @ 4750rpm

edit2: LFS physics still feels nice... and wr setup XRT don't understeer at all, because of crazy ARB settings and what not...
Attached images
1327073380_1851.jpg
Quote from Scrabby :Diff is done pretty easy in real life. We changed mine from 3.15 to 3.73 by just ordering parts and doing it ourselfs.
And was under 200€. But gearbox ratios is another story indeed unless you have allot of money to blow.
But I know what you guys are on

you could always just put a different gearbox in
Quote from kars19 :
edit: and GTE racecar

Seems it isn't the GTE race car. Looked up the GTC model, and it may be quite a bit slower. It will most likely have less downforce, but it is showing only 1170kg on the site which is quite a bit less than listed. Not 100% sure what we are getting at this point.
Quote from PMD9409 :Seems it isn't the GTE race car. Looked up the GTC model, and it may be quite a bit slower. It will most likely have less downforce, but it is showing only 1170kg on the site which is quite a bit less than listed. Not 100% sure what we are getting at this point.

from the engine side it looks the same as the ALMS engine, 4L 2GR-FE V6 fiddled by Cosworth, 440 bhp N/A. Hope Kunos can get a car on a dyno for some sfx meddling.
Your post earlier about the onboard actually got Aris to contact me about that car's information. They get the data from Lotus' headquarters (and more), but getting an actual car on the dyno for sound may be optimistic.

The engine is actually the same as the GT4 car. The GTC version was supposed to race in GrandAm's GX class which was slower than its GT class. The GT class is about 5-10 seconds slower than GTE.

Of course, the data they get from Lotus could be a bit optimistic so the car could be quicker in game than its real life counterpart. Won't know til its done.
Sell me on why I should get AC.

Go
It's the only thing that has come close to LFS' correct physics since NKP.

Plus it looks amazing.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Sell me on why I should get AC.

Go

A) AC is bloody good
B) every other contemporary sim is rubbish in comparison.
C) you get a discount and a free content pack if you buy whilst in Early Access.

Reasons not to buy
A) You don't like car sims
B) you only like sims that cost hundreds of dollars per year
C) you only like sims with 1000+ car models, most of which are crap.
D) you don't like cars. Or driving.
E) you prefer arcade titles like iRacing, Gran Turismo or Project Cars.
F) you have a truly awful PC that can barely run LFS or Pong.
G) erm
What about mods? Will there be/are there any decent, interesting mods out there being made? (I know about the Nissan BTCC car and the Jeux Plane track)

I want it.....but

it's £30.
There will be plenty of mods, of that I'm sure. Whether they are decent or not remains to be seen - obviously 99% will be an utter waste of bytes, and the good ones won't really be that good.

In 5 years time you'll still be playing it and £30 will be seen as the best bargain since LFS.
Quote from tristancliffe :
E) you prefer arcade titles like iRacing, Gran Turismo or Project Cars.

Argh, mate, you just went too far. iR is not an arcade at all. Give me a good reason to think opposite. For me it has the best physics along with AC.
I do have my list of mods I want made, just hoping they do actually get made and kept up to date.

Admittedly LFS was £24 11 years ago and it's a bargain looking back.

But, something already leapt out at me from videos. The AI 'seems' racey but hw much of that is just for those events? I mean does the AI fight among itself if you aren't near it?
The ai is above average. So still not worth giving a toss about.
If you like sim driving : buy it.
Still better than LFS ai though

Or GT's AI
Quote from seniecka :Argh, mate, you just went too far. iR is not an arcade at all. Give me a good reason to think opposite. For me it has the best physics along with AC.

You're right, iRacing isn't arcade. Just shit physics.

It's just extortion on top of NR2003. Somehow David Kaermeerr still can't create a decent physics model after nearly 20 years of being at it. It's quite spectacular. You'd think after so long of trying the same thing, you'd either become good at it or try something different. Maybe he'd be able to manage realistic tit physics.
What is wrong with iR physics? If you find it difficult to master, it doesn't mean iR physics are bad. I am not of iR marketing politics, I don't see myself investing all my money constantly to a game, so I don't play it, but as far I've tried it, I really got amazed how physics are well done there. Maybe an only drawback is - countersteering. Just a small countersteering is acceptable if a bigger slide, you just can't control the car. The same applies to rF. Apart from that, really great physics.
@DieKolkrabe: Get it! Heaps of fun with the early access content.
AC is the one and only that actually reminds me of LFS. And that's only the beginning. Next time you buy something for sheer pleasure, save the bucks for AC...

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG