The online racing simulator
Quote from seniecka :What is wrong with iR physics? If you find it difficult to master, it doesn't mean iR physics are bad. I am not of iR marketing politics, I don't see myself investing all my money constantly to a game, so I don't play it, but as far I've tried it, I really got amazed how physics are well done there. Maybe an only drawback is - countersteering. Just a small countersteering is acceptable if a bigger slide, you just can't control the car. The same applies to rF. Apart from that, really great physics.

You've literally just given the perfect example of why iRacing physics are bad. A slide is correctable in real life (else drifting would not exist). The fact that iRacing falls apart, the same as rFactor which everyone knows has bunk physics (the devs themselves do I'm sure) seems like an extremely obvious reason as to why the physics are broken.

As well, the "yay iRacing" camp seems to think that icy feeling and lack of grip is "realistic" is as far from the truth as possible. If real life was like iRacing, I'd slide off into a ****ing telephone pole trying to turn a 20kph corner.

If they can't get slip angle physics correct, why would you believe that any other part of it is even close to correct? It's obvious flaws in their fundemental approach.
Iracing has physics? Havent noticed on my 3 month trial
Yeah, I have the iRacing physics on this disk here. It's strange that the label says "Nascar Racing 2003 Season".
In the end nobody gives a shit about physics... Waky wake, helllooo?!...

Licensed racing almost gets extinct now on LFS, every single race server is empty. How much of a signal do you need to get?

I am also giving up. Let bring AC lots of good.. I don't care about physics, it's about the interaction which makes a race... A race.
Quote from cargame.nl :In the end nobody gives a shit about physics... Waky wake, helllooo?!...

Licensed racing almost gets extinct now on LFS, every single race server is empty. How much of a signal do you need to get?

I am also giving up. Let bring AC lots of good.. I don't care about physics, it's about the interaction which makes a race... A race.

Thats true , apart from shitty phisics , a lot of people still use for example rfactor , and they still have races , in lfs near everything is good but .. the big Live for speed But
I'm liking the physics so far, it feels natural.

Even sliding the 458 around Silverstone feels good. But I'm waiting for the 'new game, ooooh shiny' luster to wear off and then I'll see if I still like it.

Though, drifting is great fun, the E92 Drift is stupidly good fun IF you can get it to go more than five meters without smoking the wheels or sliding
I thought the physics come first, maybe that's just me. AC just like LFS, feels right, whatever that means. What i like more in AC is that you feel the weight of the car much more, and weight transfers. Also every car is so damn different it's unreal.
In LFS they all feel kinda similiar..
Had a little race sim meet at a friend's house, he just moved so we only had an ancient pc, while we download AC from steam we kill the time loading up LFS.....and it's strange how absolutely no re-familiarization time is needed after not playing it for two years...it just feel right, and as good as anything else I have been playing so far physics-wise.

It actually doesn't look half bad too!
Physics aren't first, at least not when we talk in masses. rFactor 2 with it's real road feature bring a lot of attention and fun into every part of racing, and iRacing has constant competition all over the classes, even being that expensive means something. It might not be the best simulation ever, but it has something to charm that much people to keep paying for it. Same with Assetto Corsa compared to LFS. It's not as profoundly accurate, but already attracted more people in the Early Access state than LFS ever did.

On the other hand, if you can't catch a slide in rF 1/2 then you are doing something pretty wrong. All of the slides are correctable, even high slip angle ones. I agree with the iR part though.
Found I'm getting 1-2FPS with the AI races with everything cranked down to lowest.

Any solutions bar upgrading?
Quote from Kristi : Same with Assetto Corsa compared to LFS. It's not as profoundly accurate

What do you mean by this.. accurate as in steering? Something i've always mind about LFS, every car feels like a go-cart almost. Yes, you maybe feel the road more, but i actually quiet like this little 'numbness' in AC FFB, you don't get THAT much feedback through the wheel in most rl cars.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Found I'm getting 1-2FPS with the AI races with everything cranked down to lowest.

Any solutions bar upgrading?

Turn down resolution?

I literally built a new PC for Assetto Corsa.
Quote from Kristi : Same with Assetto Corsa compared to LFS. It's not as profoundly accurate, but already attracted more people in the Early Access state than LFS ever did.

ermm,no.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Something i've always mind about LFS, every car feels like a go-cart almost.

no no no no no... you're doing it wrong
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Turn down resolution?

I literally built a new PC for Assetto Corsa.

*insert Oatmeal picture here*

Played around with the settings and that did the trick.

Also holy shit the F40 is insane on Stage 3

That thing anywhere.....yeah. It's my new dream car.
Quote from undertaker00 :ermm,no.

I don't have insight date for the sales, but I can safely say that it should be more already (not counting the demo users) than LFS. Only due to the fact that it attracts people from LFS, rFactor, iRacing, Simbin games and probably most other simulators too, making it a collective. That alone should give AC tons of playerbase, not counting newcomers.

@Boris, I always thought LFS racing was more like soap racing with those tires... You are probably either slow or driving an MRT. The thing is, you CAN'T simulate real life FFB in simulators, just cause everyone would spin around the track. You have your butt irl to help you out on that. If you don't give any response to the user from the simulator, that would be dead end. FFB is there to cover the lack of real life feelings, and not because it's a super mega realistic addition to games.
Quote from Kristi :I don't have insight date for the sales, but I can safely say that it should be more already (not counting the demo users) than LFS. Only due to the fact that it attracts people from LFS, rFactor, iRacing, Simbin games and probably most other simulators too, making it a collective. That alone should give AC tons of playerbase, not counting newcomers.

ermm,no.
Quote from Kristi :FFB is there to cover the lack of real life feelings, and not because it's a super mega realistic addition to games.

FFB is there to give you the feeling of the front tires, steering rack and steering wheel, which it does in LFS and in AC.. unlike ISI sims for example which give you all kind of fake effects which you just wouldn't feel on the real steering wheel.
FFB in game also need to convey the weight transfer, the movement of the rear etc, if you just replicate the feel from the steering rack, you are missing most of the information you need to drive a car (virtually).
Well tough luck, better that than something you don't feel on the wheel. And weight transfer is something you do feel a bit on the wheel.. but other things, really no need for them.
No no no. Weight transfer? How do you do that anyway? By ruining the actual forces that would be exerted on the steering wheel?

Boris is absolutely right. I'm not quite certain about ac but lfs ffb is ffb in its purest form, the only correct way to do it imo.

I think the term "force feedback" must confuse people or something. It's like they somehow expect to feel g forces through their steering wheel.
Actually i think you do feel weight transfer in rl, in a form of more forces through the wheel in the corners cause the weight shifts? Mostly you feel it through the body, but i think some of it gets felt through the wheel too.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Actually i think you do feel weight transfer in rl, in a form of more forces through the wheel in the corners cause the weight shifts? Mostly you feel it through the body, but i think some of it gets felt through the wheel too.

Heavier or lighter steering because of greater or lesser load on the front tyres is simply a part of the genuine steering forces you should feel. If jj didn't suggest there that some kind of additional information or effect needs to be shoehorned in as well, then I guess I misread the post.
Quote from sinbad :Heavier or lighter steering because of greater or lesser load on the front tyres is simply a part of the genuine steering forces you should feel.

Yeah that's what i mean.. And i do feel that in AC, which is done very well and it's something you actually should feel on the wheel, in that regard i don't think it's a fake effect.. but somehow to emulate "g forces", "but feel" and other stuff on the wheel, just no.. and i can't believe we're even debating about that.
I can't explain it because I don't know how it actually works.

But if you compare FFB on LFS and AC to GT6...in GT6 you cannot feel the rear coming around, and when does the weight start swinging from one direction to another.

I think simulation of caster, self aligning force is part of it, so is load effect on steering weight, but compare real car feedback and sim feedback, the sim feedback is in quite some magnitute more prominent and high fidelity.

It could also be that in a sim the force feedback is the only force that is occupying your sense of touch, when in real life the actual G drowns over your overall sensation.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG