Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
Linux server finally updated, LFS at AC is back. Right now running in public mode with:

CARS: bmw_1m_s3;lotus_evora_gte;lotus_evora_s_s2

TRACKS: imola, silverstone, westwood90, nurburgring, trialmountain, monza, gentrack1, silverstone-international, vallelunga, mugello

If you didn't join the "LFS'ers at Assetto" steamgroup already you may think about it again, the plan is to get some semi public racing going there with weekly events and clean racing on a passworded server. (I am open for suggestions, will probably do first event Wednesday if the server holds up fine)

edit: you need all the addon tracks linked to join the server, blame kunos for that, the anti cheat thing checks every track in rotation.
edit2: I've removed the anti cheat files for the addon tracks, so hopefully you can join without having them now.
Quote from The Very End :So that means that if I'd get gangbanged in space it would neither be rape nor homo since it's space... right?

Read again.
I've deleted the SweetFX, just couldn't get it to look how i wanted..

Ended up with this, just a small adjustment of weather.ini and cloud textures from Ovi1, pleased with the looks.. and we'll get some graphical update in the new patch anyway.

Looks pretty good boris. Fancy sharing the weather ini
Here it is.

I use HDR and color saturation at around 60 for this look..
Attached files
weather1.rar - 461 B - 84 views
hi guys

my new pc will be deliverd in the next few days and i wanted to ask on how much fps i will be able to play on max settings

my specs are
1650x1050 monitor

i5 4570
gigabyte gtx770 windforce 3 oc
hynix 8g ram
kingston 120 v300 ssd
zalman z3 plus , fsp raider 650W 80+ silver (5 120mm fans)
gigabyte h81 hd3
coolermaster tx3 evo
wd 500gb

thx

and another quastion , what other racing sims are you recommending to buy that are most realistic good like AC and LFS
Around [---/-] FPS. Shouldn't be a problem at all with a small resolution and those specs. You should be able to get more than the 60FPS your monitor can display for sure I think.
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :...other racing sims are you recommending to buy that are most realistic good like AC and LFS

That's it. There are some cool arcadish games out there but no sims.
Quote from Bose321 :Around [---/-] FPS. Shouldn't be a problem at all with a small resolution and those specs. You should be able to get more than the 60FPS your monitor can display for sure I think.

Seriously??? I have lower specs than him and I am hitting around 120-130fps with a 1080p HDMI resolution.
OK I have more Ram (double), but his GFX card is better than mine, his processor is better than mine, and he has SSD, I don't.
Regards

Fordie

PS - Oh wait, just seen his problem, he has H81 chipset...this will bring his FPS down quite I bit, so you might be right Bose
Quote from Fordman :Seriously??? I have lower specs than him and I am hitting around 120-130fps with a 1080p HDMI resolution.
OK I have more Ram (double), but his GFX card is better than mine, his processor is better than mine, and he has SSD, I don't.
Regards

Fordie

PS - Oh wait, just seen his problem, he has H81 chipset...this will bring his FPS down quite I bit, so you might be right Bose

chipset has nothing to do with fps's, with his specs he can play probably every game in the market with high/ultra setting.
Quote from lfsrm :chipset has nothing to do with fps's, with his specs he can play probably every game in the market with high/ultra setting.

I just go by all the reviews I read when I done my upgrade, and was advised to steer clear of the H** chipsets, hence why I went for the Z77 chipset as some of the H chipsets had problems with high powered Nvidia cards....I experienced that, hence why I brought a new MB

Here's my specs:

I5-2400@3.1ghz
Z77 Pro Motherboard
16GB DDR Matched 1600 Memory
1TB Sata Drive
Geforce GTX 750ti 2GB
Hann-G 27" Wide HDMI Monitor

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :

He said more than 60FPS which is a very conservative guess. Even with a single GTX 760, I manage 100+ FPS with settings turned rather high. 2 GTX's just adds icing to the cake.
I just read, this is a modified GTX 680, just with the O/C higher speeds..Nothing to moan about, but just a re-badged older GPU.

Quote :The release of the GeForce GTX 770 is a little bit of a weird one, really this is a GeForce GTX 680 in disguise.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles ... _windforce_review,23.html

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :I just go by all the reviews I read when I done my upgrade, and was advised to steer clear of the H** chipsets, hence why I went for the Z77 chipset as some of the H chipsets had problems with high powered Nvidia cards....I experienced that, hence why I brought a new MB

Here's my specs:

I5-2400@3.1ghz
Z77 Pro Motherboard
1TB Sata Drive
Geforce GTX 750ti 2GB

Fordie

what kind of problems H chipsets have ? the store actually asked me if i wanted to switch to b85 d2v for the same price as the h81 hd3 , was it a mistake to not listen to them ?

cant wait to play AC
Quote from Fordman :I just go by all the reviews I read when I done my upgrade, and was advised to steer clear of the H** chipsets, hence why I went for the Z77 chipset as some of the H chipsets had problems with high powered Nvidia cards....I experienced that, hence why I brought a new MB

Here's my specs:

I5-2400@3.1ghz
Z77 Pro Motherboard
1TB Sata Drive
Geforce GTX 750ti 2GB

Fordie

I dont know the reviews you talking about but many hardware website have a problem with "entry prices" hardware which calling them all shit... anyway what I know is the Z chipset is useless if you dont have unlocked CPU for overclocking, depend on motherboard brand B or H series are just fine for 99% of time, of cours you can find some high end motherboard with special sound controller or double bios, but all this has nothing to do with chipset or performance ingame.
While we are discussing specs, I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz.

8192MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

When playing the game the CPU gets a hammering and I get a popup saying my CPU is at 97% and a windows settings popup that wants to down grade my desktop display settings.

I just run the basic display settings as is.
Quote from shimon-ifraimov :what kind of problems H chipsets have ? the store actually asked me if i wanted to switch to b85 d2v for the same price as the h81 hd3 , was it a mistake to not listen to them ?

cant wait to play AC

If you brought it all as a package, then you will be fine, as they know what they are doing. I only said H chipset, as I had H61 and my GTX didn't work with it, so I upgraded to a Z77 ( only because what i read )

Quote :LFSRM - anyway what I know is the Z chipset is useless if you dont have unlocked CPU for overclocking,

Runs perfectly fine here, no O/C or Unlocked CPU

Fordie
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :
When playing the game the CPU gets a hammering and I get a popup saying my CPU is at 97% and a windows settings popup that wants to down grade my desktop display settings.

I have herd this alot on the AC forums, but I haven't or seen that message as yet...thank god. Does it happen on every track or when you drive Snoopys Ring circuit....this track seems to hammer the hardware, maybe that's why I haven't seen that message

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Seriously??? I have lower specs than him and I am hitting around 120-130fps with a 1080p HDMI resolution.
Regards

Fordie

Motherboard, RAM or SSD doesn't effect on fps. CPU and GPU are those which give performance.
Quote from Fordman :If you brought it all as a package, then you will be fine, as they know what they are doing. I only said H chipset, as I had H61 and my GTX didn't work with it, so I upgraded to a Z77 ( only because what i read )

Runs perfectly fine here, no O/C or Unlocked CPU

Fordie

ofc that work fine, but there is no performance difference between chipset Z B or H, only overclocking capabilities with Z series if you have Intel core I5/7 xxxxK ( K for unlocked ).

so nothing wrong with H81 chipset shimon-ifraimov .
Jeez peeps, like I said, I had a H61 shitset, and my GTX didn't work, full stop, so I upgraded, I had to. I was only going on what I read "O/C forum, Tomshardware, to name a couple of where I found reference to this and performance issues with certain H** motherboards and GTX cards.

I said, he would be fine ( shop built ) and I know chipset's doesn't make a difference, but sometimes they "do" with compatability issues with certain types of GFX cards. a Quick google and you find this, as well as many others:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/D ... hua-H61-uATX/td-p/2517883

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :Jeez peeps, like I said, I had a H61 shitset, and my GTX didn't work, full stop, so I upgraded, I had to. I was only going on what I read "O/C forum, Tomshardware, to name a couple of where I found reference to this and performance issues with certain H** motherboards and GTX cards.

I said, he would be fine ( shop built ) and I know chipset's doesn't make a difference, but sometimes they "do" with compatability issues with certain types of GFX cards. a Quick google and you find this, as well as many others:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/D ... hua-H61-uATX/td-p/2517883

Fordie

when i read HP on your link...., you know that manufacturer have special and modified motherboard with in most case cheap bad qualities compound, there is nothing to do with Asus,msi,gigabyte...etc motherboard who are better quality builded.

I thought you had "normal" H chipset motherboard, so you can't really compare manufacturer motherboard with major hardware brand.

ps : sorry for my approximative english.
I just bought Xeon 1231v3 processor for my next computer build, will be my first self-built one. H97 motherboard because I can't overclock a Xeon and I don't care about that really, just adds more power consumption and barely affects fps. Still going with my old GPU as the GPU I was looking for got a little price bump so I'm just waiting a little longer.
Quote from fatalunfair :I just bought Xeon 1231v3 processor for my next computer build, will be my first self-built one. H97 motherboard because I can't overclock a Xeon and I don't care about that really, just adds more power consumption and barely affects fps. Still going with my old GPU as the GPU I was looking for got a little price bump so I'm just waiting a little longer.

Z chipset are only for who's want overclock their K CPU, there is no différence between H or Z or whatever thats what am trying to say.
Such discussions, much specs

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG