The online racing simulator
Quote from sinbad :Does nobody else find that stepped drop off of aligning forces if you turn the wheel two degrees past optimum front end grip just weird feeling? To me it feels like you're suddenly on a low grip surface, it's too much.

I think they've turned that effect up with this version.

Which car ? M1 has a huge drop off for no apparent reason but in the other cars I've tried it only feels a just a tiny bit too much, nothing dramatic.
Quote from PhilS13 :Which car ? M1 has a huge drop off for no apparent reason but in the other cars I've tried it only feels a just a tiny bit too much, nothing dramatic.

1m made me acutely aware of it, yes, but I think even in the xbow it's too much.
I recall noticing it in the tech preview, it's at that sort of level again.
Quote from ATHome :What I don't like about the AI is the feeling they're not on the same physics engine like you.

They only need to tap you the slightest at your rear quarter panel and you lose it.

If you on the other hand tap them on the rear quarter panel nothing happens, it's more likely that you end up spinning. Even if you dive bomb them on their rear end they correct it like it's just a little bump. You end up nowhere in the middle of the gravel.

Gives me that kind of train like "the AI is driving on rails"-feeling you know from games like the Gran Turismo series.

It's an interesting point. Hopefully it's just related to the way it handles collisions rather than the AI having different physics. The latter is just cheating!
- Removed penalty system in race special events
- Fixed session over leaderboard
- Fixed session result post session
- Added more slipstream
- AI acts less superhuman after collisions
- Replay memory limit slider increased to 500mb
- Added missing skins for BMW M3 grA
- Modifications on collisions boxes of very low cars.
where do i get that? cant find it anywhere
0 5 3 update
Steam should downlad it alrdy if u have auto update on steam.
hmm i found the change log yes but everytime there was an update it asked me to download or just play
The XBOW's understeer is horrifying. Not sure what they've done but the turn just a tad too much and the thing just goes dead.
Lotus Evora GTE, massive understeering, don't like it
and it sounds so boring, just like the Camry that engine once came out of. PMD, do you still have those Evora GTE onboards somewhere that were posted on you youtube channel? Those should make a good base for a sound pack.
Quote from Scrabby :Lotus Evora GTE, massive understeering, don't like it

Just tested Evora GTE and Evora S, and I can confirm that S model drives nicer GTE models suffers from rear positive toe, that you can't adjust, like in S model

+ that horrible flappy paddle gearbox

Interesting post from Aris

"In AC we're trying to replicate the cars as good as possible and we are extremely careful on some details that might not change totally the performance of the car, but determine the character of the car. That means replicating also some issues the real car might have.

You've pointed out a quite good example here. When we tried the Evora GTE, which I will point out it's not a production car yet, but a prototype - and let me add here, it was a great honour for me to be trusted to try one of Lotus prototypes on track - one thing that was instantly noticeable was that the semiautomatic gearbox of the GTE, wasn't... to put it elegantly... making the rest of the car justice. I asked Lotus' official tester if there was a problem with this car and he told me that unfortunately it's not the smoothest of the gearboxes available.

We're replicating that in AC. We think that you would like to try the cars as they are and maybe someday if you have the chance to try that car in real life, you might think "damn, AC had it very similar". We are perfectly aware that those characteristics might make you love or hate a car, but that's how it is, that's why we love cars, because they are not perfect, but they have character.

Believe me, it would be far easier for me to create a perfect gearbox and replicate it for all cars, than go and push physics engine to the limits to try to replicate "issues".
It would be easier for me to make the Z4 GT3 perfect downshifting, instead of trying to figure out what the official drivers are meaning when they say "the car is very easy, except that it moves quite a bit under braking and it needs some help from your inputs when downshifting, especially if you rely on the ABS a lot"
It would be easier to make a 458 less understeery on some situations, but if you think about it, it has 235mm large front tyres... it's been designed like this for road use. It's no surprise if you think that the race challenge version has 255 tyres at the front. Different priorities.
It would be easier for me to make the McLaren MP4 more friendly, less nervous. It would make most of our customers happier. But then again it wouldn't be a McLaren any more.

One of the things we're most proud of AC is that some people hate a car that others love. That's a win for us. Because cars are different and people are different and have different driving styles, better or worse suited for a car characteristics.

In real life, if you do a short, road test drive, every sportscar is fantastic because of the g forces, pace of acceleration, sounds... everything is exciting. But try to live with the car on a track, push it on it's limits and then you start to make a relationship with it. In a sim, this happens all the time, and that's why you might love, hate or ignore a car.

I'm not saying it's perfect, there are many things we could do to improve, some noted by all of you, some invisible, but we are trying hard with what we have and the amount of time we have and I think "generally" we're are capable of transmitting to you what a car might be in real life.
So I'll change this to "as designed"
(c)Aris

*there is still one Evora left, the SR model, like S model but with better, harder suspensions

edit: and GTE racecar
For me that 1M is too controllable. Dunno how to say. Just so precise sliding and everything. I more like to drive with that new BMW M5 and so some tricks, but the most exciting car up to this day is 458. Definitely...
i didnt mind the GTE evora, sure it understeers a little but that is generally what most lotus' do anyway.. i know i have driven loads and own a variant which had the same characteristics.
I really like that post from Aris

One thing people on this forum will have to remember when criticizing AC car behaviour is that in LFS, the setup options were so outrageous that you could essentially make any car drive exactly how you would like.

I think that AC is exactly on target NOT letting people do that; look at the bizarre WR setups used in LFS - I'm glad we'll never be seeing that in AC.
I'd love to have fully tweakable setups on all cars like in LFS. They could be hardcoded to be unavailable for hotlapping and normal races, but I'd want to be allowed to mess around with the cars in the way that I want in practice mode or in multiplayer servers that allow it. After all, being able to setup your car like that takes nothing more than giving it a few racing parts that make it possible in real life.

There's no reason why we can't have our cake and eat it too when it comes to simulators. Not allowing all kinds of setups because physics reasons just means the physics engine should be improved so weird WR setups like in LFS wouldn't be so freaking fast.
Quote from seniecka :For me that 1M is too controllable. Dunno how to say. Just so precise sliding and everything. I more like to drive with that new BMW M5 and so some tricks, but the most exciting car up to this day is 458. Definitely...

BMW is just good
im rpetty sure the 1m has a suspension made out of cheese
it rolls into corner more than my moms bloody punto
worst car ive ever driver in a sim (and yes that includes the raceabout)
Whats wrong with the Raceabout?
the 1m is wierd indeed,its just way too high with so huge wheels and brakes almost the same size as the wheels
1m is simply butuggly, IRL and in the AC

*gif by Nitrogliserin
Quote from Matrixi :I'd love to have fully tweakable setups on all cars like in LFS. They could be hardcoded to be unavailable for hotlapping and normal races, but I'd want to be allowed to mess around with the cars in the way that I want in practice mode or in multiplayer servers that allow it. After all, being able to setup your car like that takes nothing more than giving it a few racing parts that make it possible in real life.

There's no reason why we can't have our cake and eat it too when it comes to simulators. Not allowing all kinds of setups because physics reasons just means the physics engine should be improved so weird WR setups like in LFS wouldn't be so freaking fast.

In LFS there's still things you couldn't achieve like the gear ratios being way to adjustable. You might buy an after market set or two, same with a differential, but you won't have the options they have in LFS. So it's debatable whether that's sort of thing even belongs in a sim; at best it really ought to be offline only I think

Quote from Shotglass :im rpetty sure the 1m has a suspension made out of cheese
it rolls into corner more than my moms bloody punto
one of the most fun cars ive ever driver in a sim (and yes that includes the raceabout)

Fixed!
-
(Tango) DELETED by Tango
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :In LFS there's still things you couldn't achieve like the gear ratios being way to adjustable. You might buy an after market set or two, same with a differential, but you won't have the options they have in LFS. So it's debatable whether that's sort of thing even belongs in a sim; at best it really ought to be offline only I think

Gear ratios (transmission and diff) are pretty much the only wildly unrealistic setup option there is in LFS. Aside from those, I can't see why everyone should be locked in to limited setups, especially on private servers for example.

I guess that's one reason why AC devs are introducing these "stage" and drift models of the stock cars, but even they lack some badly needed settings.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG