The online racing simulator
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :

edit: and BS you're not an alien :rolleyes:

Don't fuel his ego more pls, it took years of abuse in ineX for me to convince him he isn't the best driver in the history of the world
Quote from IsaacPrice :Don't fuel his ego more pls, it took years of abuse in ineX for me to convince him he isn't the best driver in the history of the world

Wouldn't steathily making setup changes whenever he takes over the car have also worked?

AKA "Why does my FZR have no downforce!!"
Well, I tried the E30 AI and Fiat 500 AI, of which didn't really turn out to be a challenge. I also hopped on to the Lotus 49 @ Monza chalenge, which I didn't drive since patch 0.2.1, and I got 0.7 seconds quicker there. I didn't even drive this simulator since early Decemberish. It was good to get back on, but the hotlapping still doesn't entertain me enough to spend serious ammount of time on the simulator. rFactor 2 is a lot more rough, but still gives me more joy with the online + real road combo currently.

EDIT: It's also possible to create your own Special Event, so you don't have to screw around with changing game modes. Here's an example:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent. ... ents/SPECIAL_EVENT_28.rar

this is 5 laps on Imola with 1M against 4 AI's ... no penalties and you cant change tyres or setup ... but you can just edit the file and customize it
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Update: the AI hack does still work. Select a challenge and then switch to Quick Race (maintains the grid - I like this about the AC UI, everything you do transfers to the "next" thing you do - brilliant) and choose any track you want and it works decently.

On that note, keep in mind if you are to report any AI issues to do so when using the predefined combo from special events. They're sort of "case studies" for the time being.
just had another go and i reconfigured my wheel and it doesnt seem half as bad as it did, but i think its placebo tbh. either way.. i tried the supercar challenge and the mclarens are doing 2'18.5 ish laps, im only just managing 2'19.9's so i looked online for the fastest laps and id be about 17th on the list.

looks like ive got a way to go on that one.
Quote from xaotik :On that note, keep in mind if you are to report any AI issues to do so when using the predefined combo from special events. They're sort of "case studies" for the time being.

Good to see you posting here a bit, assuming you are the same xaotik as on ac forum :-)

I quite like the 1m but I'm still not liking the understeer ffb drop off. It's just too much. The steering loads up really nicely, then all of sudden it's like you have hit a patch of ice and you inadvertently add more lock.
Quote from B2B@300 :The tyres are definitely giving me more feel at the limit than the previous patch so I concur with your view above. The transition between grip and no grip is smoother and I felt like I could read the optimal slip angle better while driving than previously (not so hit an miss), also the car was a little more forgiving under brakes and acceleration as I can better read/feel lock-up and wheel spin with new patch.

Sums it up perfectly

:hihi:
Quote from dawesdust_12 :If only my wheel wasn't packed up for another 2 weeks.

(You pack for that long before you move? Especially important things like your wheel?)

Quote from IsaacPrice :Don't fuel his ego more pls, it took years of abuse in ineX for me to convince him he isn't the best driver in the history of the world

Phil: I take it back, you suck. Here's your fail award: :trophy_br

Quote from xaotik :On that note, keep in mind if you are to report any AI issues to do so when using the predefined combo from special events. They're sort of "case studies" for the time being.

Indeed I assumed this much. Since it's not "official" I wouldn't bother reporting issues with combos they haven't "released". I'm just happy they left the hack in place, and didn't mess with Joux being compatible.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Hm, i guess it depends on the car then, i've been hammering that Imola/abarth combo for days now, and with this patch i'm about two seconds slower.. But yeah, so much more going on with the tires and ffb now..

The Tatuus now has more drag for a given level of wing angle. Not sure if downforce is changed at all. So with the same setup you will be slower on the straights and no quicker through the corners = slower. But the car is better to drive now. Haven't tried many car/track combos yet, but so far the subtle change has made quite a big difference.

May try the AI trick and see what here like on other tracks.
Jeff: I was told to pack stuff so I did. I figured I would be OK with a few weeks of no wheel (as I pretty much use it only once a month).

I was wrong.
Quote from tristancliffe :The Tatuus now has more drag for a given level of wing angle. Not sure if downforce is changed at all. So with the same setup you will be slower on the straights and no quicker through the corners = slower.

So what can i change now to make it quicker, too busy eating soup with my feet to play with all the setup options..
Surprised about how stable the performance is even with all 12 AIs in view. The E30 race is a blast, even tho they still almost kick my ass on "medium" The 500 Abarth race is bumper cars at its finest, and lets not talk about the Supercar challenge ...
Quote from Boris Lozac :So what can i change now to make it quicker, too busy eating soup with my feet to play with all the setup options..

Lower the wing I guess so that you sacrifice less straight line speed. I had a quick try at Vallelunga yesterday and found less wing was a bit quicker, but I doubt I found the optimum compromise.
What I don't like about the AI is the feeling they're not on the same physics engine like you.

They only need to tap you the slightest at your rear quarter panel and you lose it.

If you on the other hand tap them on the rear quarter panel nothing happens, it's more likely that you end up spinning. Even if you dive bomb them on their rear end they correct it like it's just a little bump. You end up nowhere in the middle of the gravel.

Gives me that kind of train like "the AI is driving on rails"-feeling you know from games like the Gran Turismo series.
any word from RSR that they'll reset the rankings? Formula Abarth ranking is pretty much useless now with all the drag added
is it just me or the 458 understeers like a fkin pig?
Quote from PhilS13 :any word from RSR that they'll reset the rankings? Formula Abarth ranking is pretty much useless now with all the drag added

They'll probably add a filter for different game versions, that would be perfect..
Quote from e2mustang :is it just me or the 458 understeers like a fkin pig?

it's you, cure the understeer with different driving style
It's a ton easier to control slides and get the arse end hanging out with the 458 but that understeer is pretty full-on when it arrives,
Ok, so now I am in a middle of AC video project and what I've noticed already that AC replay system just rules. It's so easy and fast to navigate through the replay. Whole capture process takes much less time than LFS. You don't have to wait for replay to load up at the certain, desired period of time. Everything works instantly. It's a big plus. I don't understand one thing, why rF, iR or AC even doesn't have that advanced camerawork options. You can't move you camera smoothly as you can do in LFS. At this point, LFS camerawork beats all simulation brands.
Does nobody else find that stepped drop off of aligning forces if you turn the wheel two degrees past optimum front end grip just weird feeling? To me it feels like you're suddenly on a low grip surface, it's too much.

I think they've turned that effect up with this version.
@458: I find it horribly understeery as well, can't have much fun with it.

Must drive more, but the heat is unbearable.
i think i like the new tyres the cars feel a lot more controllable and predictable now
although i think theyre a good bit slower (at least the zonda appears to be)

Quote from sinbad :Does nobody else find that stepped drop off of aligning forces if you turn the wheel two degrees past optimum front end grip just weird feeling? To me it feels like you're suddenly on a low grip surface, it's too much.

I think they've turned that effect up with this version.

yeah same here it feels quite off in that regard
Goddamn patch has re-enabled those g-force effects and camera shaking, i knew something isn't right. Check your options..

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG