The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :"since release"

they are so fakin dumb

I heard people were already playing it, so they must have released it!

/cpt_obvious
Quote from Matrixi :Ahh casual racers, they're so cute when they try to act like they know what they're talking about.

Don't take it too serious, just think of it as BlueFlame ranting about some other game then LFS and you won't care about it anymore.
Patch is live..
Early Access Update 0.5
posted by 4thworld @ 04:44PM on January 17, 2014
- AI & Race Events
- End Race simulation
- New Race special events
- Session Ranking app fixes
- Driver Names displayer
- Proximity Indicator & damage displayer follow GUI
- Small GUI fixes
- Special events have pre-determinate parameters such as Temperature
- Warning for high CPU occupancy
- Real time position
- Steam Achievement fixes
- fixed suspension animator in replay
- chase camera shake parameters exposed in launcher
- Modifications on tyre model combined forces grip. Tyres more sensitive in combined forces, cars more sensitive under braking and acceleration. Resulting in use of traction control more interesting even on racing cars
- Modifications on tyres heating modeling.
- BMW Z4 35is drift upgrade
- BMW M3 E30 group.A is now the early model with less power and no ABS plus chassis modifications and 5 speed gearbox
- BMW M3 E30 DTM version is now an upgrade to the early model and retains only the 6 speed gearboxes.
- BMW 1M series
- Lotus Evora GTE
- Modifications on Ferrari F40 suspension toe links
- Modifications on Tatuus FA01 aerodynamic drag.
- BMW Z4 35is toe fixes and tyre compound fixes
- Pagani Zonda R ABS levels
- Ferrari 599XX Evo default alignment setup modified to cure oversensitive steering.
AI is obviously too slow on alien setting, but what amazes is that I have no significant fps loss with 12 cars on griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddd....! Might go lower when the full grid appears but I thought it would be much worse. Well done Kunos. Because this was really the first time I could test it with 10+ cars and the optimalization looks cool.

Really can't wait for multiplayer races. LFS is GONE forever...

Tyre physics much more alive, back end wants to step out much easier on lower gears, i can feel more bumps on the road.. Totally forgot that every change like this, the hotlap times have to be reset.. Going aprox. 2 seconds slower now with F. Abarth on Imola..
just tried the 458 at silverstone and catching the ai on alien under braking is a piece of piss but they just seem to always accelerate much faster out of the corner.. i could only just keep my position 4th. lol probably the setup, im using my fast imola set but i just get chronic understeer
Quote from Mysho :AI is obviously too slow on alien setting, but what amazes is that I have no significant fps loss with 12 cars on griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddd....! Might go lower when the full grid appears but I thought it would be much worse. Well done Kunos. Because this was really the first time I could test it with 10+ cars and the optimalization looks cool.

Really can't wait for multiplayer races. LFS is GONE forever...

Exactly my thoughts. Its slow and doesn't care much about my position on track, but better than nothing. The E30 race gave me a bit of challenge, cause I got constantly PIT manuovered. I'm surprised that my PC didn't die for the AI though.
I thought the AI was pretty fast (atleast in the E30 race) after the pack spread out a bit, was actually having some trouble catching the leaders.
They're ramming me off and they're good at divebombing too. I don't give a damn about AI behaviour, now at least I see I won't have any FPS issues at the end of the grid, so looking good so far.
That "subtle" tyre physics change just made my day! Feels a lot better now, yay!
Looking forward to trying the new tyre model. I might even drive some where other than Joux plane!!
Although saying that 1m at joux plane sounds like a plan.

Can't say the ai interest me but I'm glad to hear it's not as bad a frame rate hit as we might have feared.
Quote from Ingolf :That "subtle" tyre physics change just made my day! Feels a lot better now, yay!

there must be something wrong with mine.. all the cars just understeer quite badly..

the 458 race at silverstone, it was just understeering everywhere coming down hanger straight i would be turning right and just veer off the track.. :S

tbh.. i am not keen on the new tyre patch.. i dont feel connected anymore..
AI is nowhere near to perfect stage. They react really awkward at stages and prone to ram out you off the track by going full speed into your rear while you braking.

Well, lucky you who did not get affected by fps drop, but I did. With the same settings which I used previously all the time - fps drops by 10-20. Mostly drops due to smoke which is bitch. From a distance it seems run at locked 62 fps, if closer 55 and lower. Well, I had to lower cuba reflection from 6 all the way to 1. Now the situation is pretty same as driving with higher settings in hotlap. Not really happy about it. Oh, also, had to lower shadows from medium to low. So :/
does the new tyre physics change the weird reluctance that the cars have to get back in line after overtseering?
@R3DMAN, I can't speak for all cars. Should have said I only referred to the E30's since I can compare it irl. Saw on AC forum more ppl was saying something about understeer, but perhaps is it just because you're used to the previous build? I need to test that car and see for myself

@Shotglass, I seem to struggle less now with the car after a spinn/traction loss. At least the BMW E30 "wants" to go back in line. Or maybe I am subjected to autosuggestion here, must test a bit more.
well i havent played for a couple of weeks due to a sprained wrist, so i cant really remember how it felt before.. but it was something like 60mph in the 458 and i was understeering very badly, mid corner understeer aswell, so it wasnt like i just threw it in and got understeer.
To me it feels like the handling has become much closer to NKPro now with the latest patch. At least the things I learned in NKpro seem to work a lot better now in AC.

It's mostly how you can control under- and oversteer in a corner by altering the throttle, and how the car reacts to front-to-rear weight Transfer.
I can't seem to race the AI, all "race" options are greyed out, except Drag.
I have The latest patch, since I can drive the new Lotus.
You can only race AI's in their pre-defined special events. For now.
Anyone beat the Supercar challenge in alien mode yet?
Quote from PMD9409 :Anyone beat the Supercar challenge in alien mode yet?

best i could get was 3rd and couldnt even see the leader.. i did get punted off twice tho.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG