Early Access Update 0.5
posted by 4thworld @ 04:44PM on January 17, 2014
- AI & Race Events
- End Race simulation
- New Race special events
- Session Ranking app fixes
- Driver Names displayer
- Proximity Indicator & damage displayer follow GUI
- Small GUI fixes
- Special events have pre-determinate parameters such as Temperature
- Warning for high CPU occupancy
- Real time position
- Steam Achievement fixes
- fixed suspension animator in replay
- chase camera shake parameters exposed in launcher
- Modifications on tyre model combined forces grip. Tyres more sensitive in combined forces, cars more sensitive under braking and acceleration. Resulting in use of traction control more interesting even on racing cars
- Modifications on tyres heating modeling.
- BMW Z4 35is drift upgrade
- BMW M3 E30 group.A is now the early model with less power and no ABS plus chassis modifications and 5 speed gearbox
- BMW M3 E30 DTM version is now an upgrade to the early model and retains only the 6 speed gearboxes.
- BMW 1M series
- Lotus Evora GTE
- Modifications on Ferrari F40 suspension toe links
- Modifications on Tatuus FA01 aerodynamic drag.
- BMW Z4 35is toe fixes and tyre compound fixes
- Pagani Zonda R ABS levels
- Ferrari 599XX Evo default alignment setup modified to cure oversensitive steering.
AI is obviously too slow on alien setting, but what amazes is that I have no significant fps loss with 12 cars on griiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddddddddddd....! Might go lower when the full grid appears but I thought it would be much worse. Well done Kunos. Because this was really the first time I could test it with 10+ cars and the optimalization looks cool.
Really can't wait for multiplayer races. LFS is GONE forever...
Tyre physics much more alive, back end wants to step out much easier on lower gears, i can feel more bumps on the road.. Totally forgot that every change like this, the hotlap times have to be reset.. Going aprox. 2 seconds slower now with F. Abarth on Imola..
just tried the 458 at silverstone and catching the ai on alien under braking is a piece of piss but they just seem to always accelerate much faster out of the corner.. i could only just keep my position 4th. lol probably the setup, im using my fast imola set but i just get chronic understeer
Exactly my thoughts. Its slow and doesn't care much about my position on track, but better than nothing. The E30 race gave me a bit of challenge, cause I got constantly PIT manuovered. I'm surprised that my PC didn't die for the AI though.
AI is nowhere near to perfect stage. They react really awkward at stages and prone to ram out you off the track by going full speed into your rear while you braking.
Well, lucky you who did not get affected by fps drop, but I did. With the same settings which I used previously all the time - fps drops by 10-20. Mostly drops due to smoke which is bitch. From a distance it seems run at locked 62 fps, if closer 55 and lower. Well, I had to lower cuba reflection from 6 all the way to 1. Now the situation is pretty same as driving with higher settings in hotlap. Not really happy about it. Oh, also, had to lower shadows from medium to low. So :/
@R3DMAN, I can't speak for all cars. Should have said I only referred to the E30's since I can compare it irl. Saw on AC forum more ppl was saying something about understeer, but perhaps is it just because you're used to the previous build? I need to test that car and see for myself
@Shotglass, I seem to struggle less now with the car after a spinn/traction loss. At least the BMW E30 "wants" to go back in line. Or maybe I am subjected to autosuggestion here, must test a bit more.
well i havent played for a couple of weeks due to a sprained wrist, so i cant really remember how it felt before.. but it was something like 60mph in the 458 and i was understeering very badly, mid corner understeer aswell, so it wasnt like i just threw it in and got understeer.