The online racing simulator
Zero issues after the patch.

After this update I have absolutely zero (perceptible) input lag, and a constant 110FPS (in 3D).

Now that I can play it properly, it's far more amazing than I originally thought, and I already thought it was good - not realizing that the microstutter issues of the previous two builds were actually affecting me so much.

Now, it REALLY reminds of me LFS, but with far better transient behaviour in the tires (and a heck of a lot better visual presentation).

What I mean by this is that mechanically aggressive moments in LFS always feel way too dampened and sterile, which has always been blamed on "lack of seat of the pants feel". When iRacing first came out it challenged that theory and overall felt more "real" in limited situations like when you saved a slide, and it looked it too - but the illusion there is that the sim has more control than YOU do regarding whether that slide is either recoverable, or you're doomed to stamp a copy of your car into the nearest guardrail. This is NOT the case in Assetto Corsa. In what seems to be the best tire model I've ever had the pleasure of driving, it combines the visceral violence of certain spreadsheet sims with the elegance, predictability, and boner inducing pure driveablity of LFS in one incredibly intuitive package that is also lovely to look at.

After a few tentative laps I found myself madly sawing at the wheel, successfully navigating every corner with the zeal of a madman and an equally maniacal smile from ear to ear - suddenly I had at least a modicum of some genuine inkling of the emotions Tiff Needel expresses in all those YouTube videos!

In case I haven't been clear enough, the tire model is really, really, REALLY good, and the FFB is equally so once you get it dialed in - again, it reminds me of LFS but seems to deal with over-limit force conditions in a much more tangible fashion.

I have to block the thoughts of the Zonda R, the F40, the Beemers, the F458, OH MAN that Lotus 98T ... The thought of getting the pleasure to "drive" these in AC is fricking amazing, if you haven't helped to "green light" this project on Steam, you should be ashamed to be a simracing fan, because these guys deserve all the support they can get - even if you're not a Steam fan, there's a lot of benefit in terms of exposure and support to be gained.

If you don't have the TP, shell out the 2 bags of chips worth of cash for nKp (required to unlock the TP) to support Kunos and get it, you won't be disappointed, and you'll be healthier for not eating 2 bags of chips - not to mention the calories you'll burn happily sawing at your wheel in a euphoric state.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Zero issues after the patch.

After this update I have absolutely zero (perceptible) input lag, and a constant 110FPS (in 3D).

Now that I can play it properly...

This. Good stuff.
Oh you've wet my apetite there BBT. Thanks for review like this, they are strangely lacking on this forum, and no one can't seem to bother to record some friggin video, maybe i'm wierd with recording almost every game i play but i think there's like only one hotlap recorded in this thread.
I would support them and buy nKP but there's no PayPal here so i can't (that easily, there are some 'hacking' options which i can't be bothered with).
Speaking of nKP, downloaded the demo again a few days ago, and i gotta say, those physics are better then LFS, it even hurts me saying that. Had so much fun with that little Formula, very brutal experience.

Btw, can you share your PC specs so i can vaguelly know what to expect?

edit: oh they're in your sig, nevermind.
Oh **** off Boris. Not everyone was born on this planet to serve YOU.
Quote from Boris Lozac :. Thanks for review like this, they are strangely lacking on this forum, and no one can't seem to bother to record some friggin video, maybe i'm wierd with recording almost every game i play but i think there's like only one hotlap recorded in this thread.

This
Quote from BlueFlame :This

And what have i said wrong there? Count the proper reviews/opinions like BBT's there, maybe two in the whole thread. Sorry if i expect some bigger enthusiasm about a next big sim on a sim forum.
And i'm not sure what's going on with you lately (or generally) but stop spilling your frustrations on a forum.
Apparently it's your god given right to demand here that someone take time and do a review purely for YOUR benefit... Nobody else was asking for it.

You're such a self-orbiting entity it's quite unreal.
Quote from BlueFlame :Apparently it's your god given right to demand here that someone take time and do a review purely for YOUR benefit... Nobody else was asking for it.

You're such a self-orbiting entity it's quite unreal.

lol, whatever man. Leave me out of whatever shi* you're going through. No, that was so self-orbiting from me, leave us ALL out of it.
Quote from Boris Lozac :And what have i said wrong there? Count the proper reviews/opinions like BBT's there, maybe two in the whole thread. Sorry if i expect some bigger enthusiasm about a next big sim on a sim forum.
And i'm not sure what's going on with you lately (or generally) but stop spilling your frustrations on a forum.

Quote from Boris Lozac :lol, whatever man. Leave me out of whatever shi* you're going through. No, that was so self-orbiting from me, leave us ALL out of it.

Boris: BlueFlame just has sand in her vagina from something. Assetto Corsa does feel quite nice. It's fairly demanding on computers (It's like the Crysis of racing sims) but is quite nice to drive.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I would take Jeff's review with a grain of salt. He CHOSE to live in the boring flatland called Alberta.

Except for the fact that Calgary has more elevation changes than any city in North America, because it's in the foothills of the world renowned, highly sought after, Rocky Mountains - which are gloriously visible everyday on my way to work as the sun beams off their lustrous, sharply angled surfaces. But yeah, it's flat (:doh

Either that, OR, you've been bamboozled by the THC indoctrinated province in which you reside

Quote from Boris Lozac :lol, whatever man. Leave me out of whatever shi* you're going through. No, that was so self-orbiting from me, leave us ALL out of it.

Please don't respond to that guy... I have no idea what's going on there but this forum needs less of this and more actual thought.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :... Assetto Corsa does feel quite nice. It's fairly demanding on computers (It's like the Crysis of racing sims) but is quite nice to drive.

I don't see that demand; in fact I find it quite conservative in it's computational requirements considering the output it generates (maybe it actually IS a screenshot generator alongside actually simulating very well?)

"It feels quite nice". That's a way of describing it after you've ingested more milligrams of Lithium than Charlie Sheen needs to act normal.
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Either that, OR, you've been bamboozled by the THC indoctrinated province in which you reside

I blame my workplace. Using made up words like "tiggly wiggly". Drives a man insane!

Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :I don't see that demand; in fact I find it quite conservative in it's computational requirements considering the output it generates (maybe it actually IS a screenshot generator alongside actually simulating very well?)

"It feels quite nice". That's a way of describing it after you've ingested more milligrams of Lithium than Charlie Sheen needs to act normal.

It is demanding compared to every other racing sim out there. It's graphically demanding along with being computationally demanding. That said, I am sure that it will get more and more optimized. Even from the original TP to the latest I've gained like 20 FPS. I should when I play it next actually check CPU usage to see how much CPU it's sucking down.

The only reason I say it feels "nice" is that I don't have any absolute judge for it. I can't say "It's perfect" because I've never driven a lotus on Magione. It does feel how you expect a car to behave. Slides are catchable like you'd expect. Not like iRacing's new tyre model where it's a crapshoot, but also more rigid than LFS which feels sometimes like ridiculous slides are catchable.

Some of the content incoming will be fun to drive. It'll definitely be a day 1 purchase provided there's not some stupid DRM requirement or subscription.
Quote from dawesdust_12 : It'll definitely be a day 1 purchase provided there's not some stupid DRM requirement or subscription.

That's a negative on both. Day 1 purchase it is.
Quote from The Moose :That's a negative on both. Day 1 purchase it is.

In this day and age.. the trend seems to be "Create great game, shoot self in foot with shitty business model" so I can never be too cautious
From what I have tried, the physics are great! Better than LFS atm. Nkpro was great but the rest of it was shit.
With this, the UI is great, the apps are a revolution. All games should use this removable app/hud stuff.
The fact that is moddable is also great. But the main thing that really makes this look like a great prospect sim for us is the fact that the physics are great. I mean great!
In iracing, when you go over the limit and spin the car, it feels like some alien has taken over and it disobeys the laws of physics, in Assetto it feels believable. The best thing about LFS is the same thing, it feels right. Assetto feels right.
I am not the best judge or either that good on it, but if it feels good, that's good enough for me
Is there a racing line?!
They did a great job once again, now I can use higher gfx settings due to less spikes. Also, input lag is not that horrible anymore.
Oh...

A demo, a demo now, now, i'm self-orbiting all day, I need it now!
You had the chance to buy nkpro for like a month now?
I'd consider buying nKP again if licences from 2006 weren't being honoured! Utter bargain for the joint best sim in the last few years.
Quote from Bose321 :You had the chance to buy nkpro for like a month now?

Yes but i said a couple of times, my stupid country isn't on PayPal, there are some ways to trick them thinking that i'm from one of the supported countries, but I can't be bothered with that.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yes but i said a couple of times, my stupid country isn't on PayPal, there are some ways to trick them thinking that i'm from one of the supported countries, but I can't be bothered with that.

Why you can't buy with your credit card? I never use PayPal.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG