The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Anyone drove Formula Abarth at Imola.. Wonder how are people getting 1:40 on RSR when running wide on the run-off area makes the lap invalid. Can setup honestly make a 5 second difference?

If you could try it with default setup, 10 litres of fuel and super-soft tires, and keep at least 2 wheels on the track.. i've managed 1:45.496.

Default set on the f abarth got very low wings, try higher ones.
I hate the damn setups.. yeah it's part of real racing but in sims it gets soo exploited that the cars become unrecognisable, and you lose the level playing field..

If anyone gots around driving that, just to see how are your times with the default set..
IMO setup changes, weather changes and so on should be disabled in hotlap mode. Sure, alltho it is a bit stupid, then we know everyone is racing the EXACT same thing. That people are able to tweak temperatures to find max benefits, tweaking the traction controll, tweaking the car... it just gets too silly - alltho it's perfecly acceptable.

Fixed setup, both cars and track wise, and we can truelly start to call it hoptlaping.
Quote from undertaker00 :Where do u guys change TC % ? watching rsr list, and some guys have 2% ?
Or im totaly wrong with this, maybe its smthing other...

You can adjust that ingame with ctrl+t

For example mp4-12c has level 1 TC (16%) and level 2 TC (3%)
458 has 7 different levels of TC
same goes for abs, some cars have more than one option
Mac Laren P1 is coming
Sources? Proof?
Quote from The Very End :IMO setup changes, weather changes and so on should be disabled in hotlap mode. Sure, alltho it is a bit stupid, then we know everyone is racing the EXACT same thing. That people are able to tweak temperatures to find max benefits, tweaking the traction controll, tweaking the car... it just gets too silly - alltho it's perfecly acceptable.

Fixed setup, both cars and track wise, and we can truelly start to call it hoptlaping.

Fixed setups kills hotlapping imo. That should be part of getting faster and knowing the car's every part.
Quote from Kristi :Fixed setups kills hotlapping imo. That should be part of getting faster and knowing the car's every part.

We're not mechanics or Laudas..
Fixed racing is the worst thing that ever happened to online sims. I'm not exactly good at setting up cars but I can tune them to my own preference with only a few simple adjustments easily enough, it's not hard. Fixed sets suit certain people far more than others so it's basically just your luck whether the person who made the setup has a similar driving style to you.
Quote from Kristi :Fixed setups kills hotlapping imo. That should be part of getting faster and knowing the car's every part.

Quote from DeKo :Fixed racing is the worst thing that ever happened to online sims. I'm not exactly good at setting up cars but I can tune them to my own preference with only a few simple adjustments easily enough, it's not hard. Fixed sets suit certain people far more than others so it's basically just your luck whether the person who made the setup has a similar driving style to you.

When it comes to the actually racing, then I'm not so much of a fan for fixed setups. But the idea of hotlapping is to have the same car at same track at same conditions, and the fastest / best man wins. Now I don't say the fastest do not win, but when you trick with TC settings, weather temp, unrealistic setups, dodgy driving lines and generally tries to find absolutely everything possible to gain unfair advantages... well then I'm not sure if it's keeping faithfull to the whole idea of fastest-man-wins.

Maybe it's just me, and as said, for racing I'm all up for setups and what not, but for hotlapping there should be absolutely no differences, only skill which would deside who wins (then again we could discuss that skill is also about knowing how to set up the car and so on, and I'll agree it's a bit shallow).
You know, it's not out of the laws of physics that both stock set up and free set up could be implemented.
Indeed :] Maybe two hotlap charts even, one for fixed setups / settings, and a other "free for all" thingy?
Quote from DeKo :Fixed racing is the worst thing that ever happened to online sims. I'm not exactly good at setting up cars but I can tune them to my own preference with only a few simple adjustments easily enough, it's not hard. Fixed sets suit certain people far more than others so it's basically just your luck whether the person who made the setup has a similar driving style to you.

Take this combo (f. abarth at Imola), I can almost always go 1.5 seconds, 2 if it's a long track, off the world record, sometimes in the same second, but ffs 5.5 seconds off the pace and i've lost 5 litres of liquid...
Well you could just face the reality head on? Your slow Boris, plain and simple as that, you simply just suck at fast driving fullstop and have a severe lack of talent in that department unfortunately. Some people are born with large dicks and some are not, like you I am slow as shit and have a small dick. The worlds a cruel place you know.

If I were you I'd go and play EuroTruck simulator 2 where speed is not of the essence or get an oriental girlfriend where they fit perfect with small dick

Time to get my coat again?
:d
Auch, want a bro-hug Boris?
And you complain about the time? I tried it, 7 seconds behind WR at first try lol
Quote from AlienT. :Well you could just face the reality head on? Your slow Boris, plain and simple as that, you simply just suck at fast driving fullstop and have a severe lack of talent in that department unfortunately. Some people are born with large dicks and some are not, like you I am slow as shit and have a small dick. The worlds a cruel place you know.

If I were you I'd go and play EuroTruck simulator 2 where speed is not of the essence or get an oriental girlfriend where they fit perfect with small dick

Time to get my coat again?

that irony...
Here's the lap, there's a second maybe here.. feel free to humiliate me, with these settings and not using the run-off areas with 4 wheels.. wonder how really off the pace i am, cause on the other forum pretty decent simmers are struggling for 1:48, 1:47..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dgJPktBC7o
Quote from Boris Lozac :Here's the lap, there's a second maybe here.. feel free to humiliate me, with these settings and not using the run-off areas with 4 wheels.. wonder how really off the pace i am, cause on the other forum pretty decent simmers are struggling for 1:48, 1:47..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dgJPktBC7o

You're fine...

I did low 47 after 3 laps on stock setup. I switched to max DF, low 45 instantly.

I'd say out of your missing 5 seconds 2.5/3 come from the setup, 1/1.5 come from 4 wheels off track and the rest is skill.
lfs is great with that hotlap "lines"
Hope to see something similar in AC

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG