The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
I think hotlap mode should take that out of the equation, personally. It should be the same conditions for everyone, you shouldn't have to experiment with the track settings as well as the car settings.
i agree, hotlap mode should have things like weather and tyres locked. it just makes things fair for everyone then.
**** i need this
Quote from sinbad :You inspired me to try the stock m3 again.
In marginally less crappy quality than the other one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xRDqATlGOk

Ah fck it, i should stop inspiring people Thought i nailed that.. obviously you people have less of a fear factor on the second part of the track and/or you mastered the track more then i did. And you killed HDR, much more clearer picture :P Guess i'm not done with that combo after all
What comforts me is that my lap looks more real, like this is how it would look like if actually someone drove there, and less then a game Kidding great job..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Ah fck it, i should stop inspiring people Thought i nailed that.. obviously you people have less of a fear factor on the second part of the track and/or you mastered the track more then i did. Guess i'm not done with that combo after all
What comforts me is that my lap looks more real, like this is how it would look like if actually someone drove there, and less then a game Great job..

Heh that's just called hustle, and I suppose we have to overlook your season-ending high speed accident too don't we

I watched your run and yes, you simply need to learn the second half a bit better and you'll be easily ten seconds faster. I bet there's only a couple of seconds in it to the lake.
Nah just a scratched door :P
Tell me about the corner at 1:27 in your video, i find it better to do it in first gear to climb up, in second it almost stalles.. Might be the unreal FOV of your video :P but it seems you do some corners faster then it's actually possible at my end..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nah just a scratched door :P
Tell me about the corner at 1:27 in your video, i find it better to do it in first gear to climb up, in second it almost stalles.. Might be the unreal FOV of your video :P but it seems you do some corners faster then it's actually possible at my end..

It's just slow-in fast-out using the compression in the road and spinning the inside wheel slightly keeps the revs up higher I suppose, it's too quick a corner for 1st gear. I assure you there is no witchcraft or wizardry, I wouldn't have a clue where to begin

Let's not play the what's real and what's not game
Nah didn't mean like cheating or anything Guess i have problems with some types of corners, always did...

(I summoned Blueflame!)
But is that allowed in RL? Maybe he edited it, but RSR app is still acting like it's allowed, hence those crazy times on Imola.
Need a little help setting up my DFGT. Atm their is a lot of rattling around the neutral position, and I don't know which settings I should make to all the "gamma" Filter and whatnot in the Steering options

5XX sound is addicting, surprisingly controllable on Joux Plane. But I haven't made a clean run with anything other than the Fiat 500 yet (no full hour of playtime yet)

edit: steam nick is AccAkut87
I have also DFGT,had same rattling problem. After few tipps from here and testing,I ended up with these settings to be the best and also removing the rattling:
you might want to add some brake gamma to your DFGT, otherwise it will be a bit unrealistic. The end of the pedal should have more value than the very beginning of the range.
ok, with your settings the rattling is gone, but so is all the feel somehow, feels really weird

edit: those seem quite fine, not rattling while driving

Attached images
Zwischenablage02.jpg
Try to add road/kerb effects or reduce filter or both. Just experiment,but I believe (not sure though) that slip effects are causing the rattling,most likely combined with physics/graphics engine,as the rattling seemed sincronysed with shadows vibration. Well,it's obviously,that AC is still just a construction site.
I've found these to be really nice with T500.
You mean rattling when you stand still? Yeah i get that too and i think it's some bug with the game, also when restarting a session it always jerks my wheel, like someone crashed into me..
About jerking, the wheel.... fuk that sounded wrong.. ANYWAY! When driving straight, if I take my hands of the wheel it goes batshit insane and whomples back and forth til I spin around. Is this realistic in these cars? I know ofc. there are elevation and changes in the surface, but it seems very predictable: Release wheel and it goes back and forth straight away.

Any ways to get this to stop?
What exactly do those "kerb/road/slip" effects mean? RF style predetermined fake effect or some kind of filtering on a physics-based system?
Quote from Keling :What exactly do those "kerb/road/slip" effects mean? RF style predetermined fake effect or some kind of filtering on a physics-based system?

Kerb and road is based on the laser scanned so it is not fake. However I have no idea about the slip effects.
Quote from The Very End :About jerking, the wheel.... fuk that sounded wrong.. ANYWAY! When driving straight, if I take my hands of the wheel it goes batshit insane and whomples back and forth til I spin around. Is this realistic in these cars? I know ofc. there are elevation and changes in the surface, but it seems very predictable: Release wheel and it goes back and forth straight away.

Any ways to get this to stop?

I complained about the steering's behavior around the "straight-ahead" shortly after the release but I don't think many people cared or agreed.
It's oscillation and probably difficult to eradicate completely without zero latency in the FFB, but AC is very prone to it and simply put the steering is rubbish at finding the angle of least resistance (imo it has an effect on slide correction too). Yes you can hold the wheel tighter, but the wheel still "wants" to do it and you can feel it. I often find I wiggle the wheel after I straighten up out of a corner, and it's not on purpose.

edit: "Slip effects" is a joke surely. I reckon they got annoyed with people complaining about the FFB and decided to have a laugh. The wheel just kicks side to side for no reason when a wheel is locked up under braking, it's very strange.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8883 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG