The online racing simulator
Nah didn't mean like cheating or anything Guess i have problems with some types of corners, always did...

(I summoned Blueflame!)
But is that allowed in RL? Maybe he edited it, but RSR app is still acting like it's allowed, hence those crazy times on Imola.
Need a little help setting up my DFGT. Atm their is a lot of rattling around the neutral position, and I don't know which settings I should make to all the "gamma" Filter and whatnot in the Steering options

5XX sound is addicting, surprisingly controllable on Joux Plane. But I haven't made a clean run with anything other than the Fiat 500 yet (no full hour of playtime yet)

edit: steam nick is AccAkut87
I have also DFGT,had same rattling problem. After few tipps from here and testing,I ended up with these settings to be the best and also removing the rattling:
you might want to add some brake gamma to your DFGT, otherwise it will be a bit unrealistic. The end of the pedal should have more value than the very beginning of the range.
ok, with your settings the rattling is gone, but so is all the feel somehow, feels really weird

edit: those seem quite fine, not rattling while driving

Attached images
Zwischenablage02.jpg
Try to add road/kerb effects or reduce filter or both. Just experiment,but I believe (not sure though) that slip effects are causing the rattling,most likely combined with physics/graphics engine,as the rattling seemed sincronysed with shadows vibration. Well,it's obviously,that AC is still just a construction site.
I've found these to be really nice with T500.
You mean rattling when you stand still? Yeah i get that too and i think it's some bug with the game, also when restarting a session it always jerks my wheel, like someone crashed into me..
About jerking, the wheel.... fuk that sounded wrong.. ANYWAY! When driving straight, if I take my hands of the wheel it goes batshit insane and whomples back and forth til I spin around. Is this realistic in these cars? I know ofc. there are elevation and changes in the surface, but it seems very predictable: Release wheel and it goes back and forth straight away.

Any ways to get this to stop?
What exactly do those "kerb/road/slip" effects mean? RF style predetermined fake effect or some kind of filtering on a physics-based system?
Quote from Keling :What exactly do those "kerb/road/slip" effects mean? RF style predetermined fake effect or some kind of filtering on a physics-based system?

Kerb and road is based on the laser scanned so it is not fake. However I have no idea about the slip effects.
Quote from The Very End :About jerking, the wheel.... fuk that sounded wrong.. ANYWAY! When driving straight, if I take my hands of the wheel it goes batshit insane and whomples back and forth til I spin around. Is this realistic in these cars? I know ofc. there are elevation and changes in the surface, but it seems very predictable: Release wheel and it goes back and forth straight away.

Any ways to get this to stop?

I complained about the steering's behavior around the "straight-ahead" shortly after the release but I don't think many people cared or agreed.
It's oscillation and probably difficult to eradicate completely without zero latency in the FFB, but AC is very prone to it and simply put the steering is rubbish at finding the angle of least resistance (imo it has an effect on slide correction too). Yes you can hold the wheel tighter, but the wheel still "wants" to do it and you can feel it. I often find I wiggle the wheel after I straighten up out of a corner, and it's not on purpose.

edit: "Slip effects" is a joke surely. I reckon they got annoyed with people complaining about the FFB and decided to have a laugh. The wheel just kicks side to side for no reason when a wheel is locked up under braking, it's very strange.
another skin from me

Quote from sinbad :I complained about the steering's behavior around the "straight-ahead" shortly after the release but I don't think many people cared or agreed.
It's oscillation and probably difficult to eradicate completely without zero latency in the FFB, but AC is very prone to it and simply put the steering is rubbish at finding the angle of least resistance (imo it has an effect on slide correction too). Yes you can hold the wheel tighter, but the wheel still "wants" to do it and you can feel it. I often find I wiggle the wheel after I straighten up out of a corner, and it's not on purpose.

edit: "Slip effects" is a joke surely. I reckon they got annoyed with people complaining about the FFB and decided to have a laugh. The wheel just kicks side to side for no reason when a wheel is locked up under braking, it's very strange.

Yes! Well put, excactly what happens to me! I feel the wheel having an god damn seizure in my hands, and it's really starting to botter me more and more. If I dont keep it firm all the time - it will spin out itself, even in slow speed.

Too bad it just seems like we're the only ones caring tho, so can't expect it to get fixed

Edit: DOWNLOAD LINK PLEASE
Quote from Eclipsed :I have also DFGT,had same rattling problem. After few tipps from here and testing,I ended up with these settings to be the best and also removing the rattling:
http://content31-foto.inbox.lv ... sed/AC/settings.sized.png

imho the way to go is to turn off all the stupid effects turn off all damping and filtering and then if youre not happy add a slight bit of damping to get rid of any straight line shaking

Quote from Keling :What exactly do those "kerb/road/slip" effects mean? RF style predetermined fake effect or some kind of filtering on a physics-based system?

utterly fake nonsense judging by how it feels
Quote from The Very End :Yes! Well put, excactly what happens to me! I feel the wheel having an god damn seizure in my hands, and it's really starting to botter me more and more. If I dont keep it firm all the time - it will spin out itself, even in slow speed.

Too bad it just seems like we're the only ones caring tho, so can't expect it to get fixed

You probably need to turn down the gain a bit and add a little filter or damping. If you're spending such effort fighting it you must have settings that are making it as bad as it can be. For me the worst part isn't the oscillation it's that disconnected feeling you have when you straighten up but I try not to let it bother me too much.
Quote from sinbad :You probably need to turn down the gain a bit and add a little filter or damping. If you're spending such effort fighting it you must have settings that are making it as bad as it can be. For me the worst part isn't the oscillation it's that disconnected feeling you have when you straighten up but I try not to let it bother me too much.

You have a G25 wheel?
If so, what are the settings you use? I have the Logitech Gaming Software 5.10 version with some limited settings, and in game I have...standard I think, not done much there

Quote from Kristi :ty dude.

Happy to help for a change (and not just beeing a miserable shitbag lol) ^_^
Anyone drove Formula Abarth at Imola.. Wonder how are people getting 1:40 on RSR when running wide on the run-off area makes the lap invalid. Can setup honestly make a 5 second difference?

If you could try it with default setup, 10 litres of fuel and super-soft tires, and keep at least 2 wheels on the track.. i've managed 1:45.496.
Where do u guys change TC % ? watching rsr list, and some guys have 2% ?
Or im totaly wrong with this, maybe its smthing other...
i was wondering that aswell

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG