The online racing simulator
So Kunos can see how bad his new multiplayer code is without scaring off Assetto Corsa customers?
Quote from sinbad :So Kunos can see how bad his new multiplayer code is without scaring off Assetto Corsa customers?

lol
Quote from EliteAti :Offtopic but can anyone say why Netkar Pro was greenlit on steam?

The then publisher for nkPro (UIG) went through with this a couple of years ago a little after they published a boxed version, it wasn't directly done by Kunos Simulazioni.
Today, I finally managed to force myself downloading RSR Timing app, and I am totally lovin' it. I wonder why I've not downloaded it a long time ago. Just picked random, yet me fitting combo 599XX at Silverstone and set 1:58.496 which placed me in 35-th place. Yet I find this combo really easy to improve. I can improve easily by 1 sec. It feels like that. Driven without any aids (except that throttle blip and cut aid, which i don't really know how to shut down, but i guess it's basically heel-'n'-toe thing which in cars, such as 599xx doesn't required, as long it has automatic clutch) and with completely default setup.
Damn F40 is faaast when you set it up properly
Quote from kars19 :Damn F40 is faaast when you set it up properly

It is, I've never quite got the complaints about it. On Semislicks it's so fast mid corner and even as totally stock I think it's dead impressive. Put the 458 or Mclaren on 90sStreet and they'd struggle to do <2minute laps.
How do you make those preview pics? Is there a hidden option in showroom or photoshop?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :How do you make those preview pics? Is there a hidden option in showroom or photoshop?

a long and tedious way of getting it about right and overlaying the screen shot over an original preview pic (use 50% optacity for ease) then move the car in game until it lines up correctly over the preview..

best i did it in was 5 moves.
Quote from sinbad :It is, I've never quite got the complaints about it. On Semislicks it's so fast mid corner and even as totally stock I think it's dead impressive. Put the 458 or Mclaren on 90sStreet and they'd struggle to do <2minute laps.

My 1:54:940 F40 lap @ Imola

Messy lap, my goal was to get in to the 54'

0,9sec from WR, currently 7' place on RSR
Quote from m4tty :wow, great lap

Tnx, will try to improve my time, aiming for top5

Joco Gorenc (2 fastest guy at that combo) posted his setup

"Camber -1.3, -1.0
Toe front around 17, rear 6-8
25psi pressures

Ambient temp: 32°C, track 41°C"

Quote from kars19 :
Ambient temp: 32°C, track 41°C"[/i]

Is the game really fastest at such high temps? The engines should be making bad horsepower and the tires should be greasy...
Quote from MadCat360 :Is the game really fastest at such high temps? The engines should be making bad horsepower and the tires should be greasy...

if they only do 2 laps probably be ok, anymore and id expect the tyres to drop off much faster.
I think hotlap mode should take that out of the equation, personally. It should be the same conditions for everyone, you shouldn't have to experiment with the track settings as well as the car settings.
i agree, hotlap mode should have things like weather and tyres locked. it just makes things fair for everyone then.
**** i need this
Quote from sinbad :You inspired me to try the stock m3 again.
In marginally less crappy quality than the other one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xRDqATlGOk

Ah fck it, i should stop inspiring people Thought i nailed that.. obviously you people have less of a fear factor on the second part of the track and/or you mastered the track more then i did. And you killed HDR, much more clearer picture :P Guess i'm not done with that combo after all
What comforts me is that my lap looks more real, like this is how it would look like if actually someone drove there, and less then a game Kidding great job..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Ah fck it, i should stop inspiring people Thought i nailed that.. obviously you people have less of a fear factor on the second part of the track and/or you mastered the track more then i did. Guess i'm not done with that combo after all
What comforts me is that my lap looks more real, like this is how it would look like if actually someone drove there, and less then a game Great job..

Heh that's just called hustle, and I suppose we have to overlook your season-ending high speed accident too don't we

I watched your run and yes, you simply need to learn the second half a bit better and you'll be easily ten seconds faster. I bet there's only a couple of seconds in it to the lake.
Nah just a scratched door :P
Tell me about the corner at 1:27 in your video, i find it better to do it in first gear to climb up, in second it almost stalles.. Might be the unreal FOV of your video :P but it seems you do some corners faster then it's actually possible at my end..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Nah just a scratched door :P
Tell me about the corner at 1:27 in your video, i find it better to do it in first gear to climb up, in second it almost stalles.. Might be the unreal FOV of your video :P but it seems you do some corners faster then it's actually possible at my end..

It's just slow-in fast-out using the compression in the road and spinning the inside wheel slightly keeps the revs up higher I suppose, it's too quick a corner for 1st gear. I assure you there is no witchcraft or wizardry, I wouldn't have a clue where to begin

Let's not play the what's real and what's not game

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG