The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
lfsforum on its best
Has nothing to do with lfsf or not at all, it's about years of experience with the user unfriendly netkar multiplayer system. Be it for server owners or racers, it just wasn't good enough, now we're steering in the same direction again. Of course this is a first release and we probably see fixes and advancements but the core sytem underneath is just very limited.

Don't get me wrong I love AC, it looks and drives really well but the guys from Kunos just can't seem to get the ingame UI right, we got the same sytem since 10 years now, it was bad back then and is even worse today where they had to chance to start from scratch and still ended up with a system that forces you to quit the game for every little change.
Well,that's just us - we're too used to the very easy to use and quick interface of LFS...
Quote from Eclipsed :Well,that's just us - we're too used to the very easy to use and quick interface of LFS...

Us, and players of other massively successful online games.
You've never needed to restart a CS server to change map as far as I can remember.
MP UI and the whole system looks like a gigantic clusterf*ck indeed.

I can see what they're trying to do, which is no lag and loading times for other players when someone is changing cars, but this just looks way too clunky. I don't want to disconnect just to change car for crying out loud...
It's just squandering so much potential that AC's MP had.. and instead it's resigned to horrible NKP style.
If they mess this up I hope someone really punch them in their stupid face, please don't ruin this! I hope, even with the shit-stupid way it's designed now, that at least the netcode is good. If that too sucks... then.. then, just no please.
Quote from Matrixi :MP UI and the whole system looks like a gigantic clusterf*ck indeed.

I can see what they're trying to do, which is no lag and loading times for other players when someone is changing cars, but this just looks way too clunky. I don't want to disconnect just to change car for crying out loud...

Not just disconnect.. but also wait for the next session to start.
Didnt gt2 had the same system? Exit,change car,rejoin
People seem to be forgetting that this isn't the full release.
Quote from e2mustang :Didnt gt2 had the same system? Exit,change car,rejoin

and all ISI games AFAIK

In fact I cant think of any other racing game other than LFS where you could change car in the server (but I'm probably wrong)
Quote from Bmxtwins :People seem to be forgetting that this isn't the full release.

Considering NKP used the same setup (server required restart to change cars/tracks), plus the current game requires a reload for any control changes, it's a safe bet that AC will continue this.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Considering NKP used the same setup (server required restart to change cars/tracks), plus the current game requires a reload for any control changes, it's a safe bet that AC will continue this.

that's not very fanboy of you
Troy, can you do a stream whenever the MP servers are on and leave a post here aswell?
Yes, I plan to turn on the hitbox stream for the duration of the evening.

News from the front; update could be late

Attached images
image.jpg
Dear AC followers, we are encountering an unknown and unpredictable issue that causes random crashes with single-player race events, probably due to some additional implementations that single-player thread shares with the multiplayer build. We are working to identify the cause and to solve it, but we can't commit the new build within today. We apologise for this inconvenient, we'll keep you informed as soon as our development team will be able to make the new build available, hopefully within tomorrow.
hahaha good thing I didn't waste time waiting for it
2009 all over again
Not a big deal, shit happens. At least they are working on it. No need to sit on the hype-train, it won't be perfect for first, for sure. Just give them time.
Lol
Quote from fwj515 :2009 all over again

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Not a big deal, shit happens. At least they are working on it. No need to sit on the hype-train, it won't be perfect for first, for sure. Just give them time.

Pretty much exactly this. If you've ever tried to ship any sort of software product, even something as simple as a website, you'll know that unforeseen problems can and will arise.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG