The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
5 years for a computer system to stand up unhacked? That's pretty impenetrable by my definition considering the plethora of computer systems that get hacked hours after they get released to consumers. Sony deserves a lot of kudos for making the PS3 as secure as it was.
You wouldn't download a car..
Looks actually like a usefull online, hated the one in GTAIV, maybe cause it was on PS3 and shooting with gamepad was godawfull, you were just forced to use that retarded auto-aim..
Online on the PC isn't any better. I've been playing it a lot again recently, but I stick to singleplayer because there's a single person on Free mode that is not cheating or annoying the shit of out you. Oh, and all other modes are empty. That goes for IV and EFLC.

But yeah, this multiplayer looks wicked. Can't wait to buy houses and shit, lol. The vehicle part with the garages reminded me a lot of TDU. I'm really looking forward to this! *buys a PS3*
But don't say i didn't warn you Shooting in GTAIV is awfull with gamepad, worst then any game i played on consoles. You are practically forced to use auto-aim, and the real term shoud've been lock-aim, cause you just press R2 and it locks onto enemie's head. So when there's more then one next to each other, it's pretty frustrating.
That's one of the reasons i haven't finished Red Dead Redemption..
Yeah, I know how bad the auto-aim feature was (hopefully not 'is' on GTA V). I'm using a Xbox 360 controller on GTA IV, but I can aim freely when I press the left bumper only halfway or something, not sure if that's possible on a the PS3 version.
i have never been so exicited about a game before and that video just made my thirst for this game ever more!

holy **** i want this.
GTA Online launches 2 weeks after GTAV. GTA Online is free with every retail copy of GTAV. Gives us time to complete 50% of the GTAV main story
Apparently the multiplayer is limited to 16 players. I could do with twice more, but at least there's limited space for ever present griefers.
Dem bike wheels.

Quote from JackDaMaster :GTA Online launches 2 weeks after GTAV. GTA Online is free with every retail copy of GTAV. Gives us time to complete GTAV

2 weeks? Haha. I'm still playing GTA IV after what, five years now?
Oh god, why?

Why couldn't they have released it this summer, instead of right smack in the middle of the semester when I'm drowning in work?
Quote from Bose321 :2 weeks? Haha. I'm still playing GTA IV after what, five years now?

I rephrased the post
Quote from Rappa Z :Oh god, why?

Why couldn't they have released it this summer, instead of right smack in the middle of the semester when I'm drowning in work?

Exactly...

My future is over...
Some GTA Online hands on information from CVG:
  • Characters from GTA V will appear in GTA Online
  • GTA Online will not always be limited to Los Santos; additional locations are in the works
  • CVG says you can do anything in GTA Online that you can do in GTA V. They list the following: heists, co-op missions, gang attacks, death matches, impromptu deathmatch, races, tennis, golf, base jumping, shooting range, ambient events (hold ups of stores, armored van robberies, crate drops, import/export missions involving car theft, bounties that you can set on other players and people can claim), betting
  • If you are killed while holding money (CVG says 1million as an example) you will lose a large portion of it, and others can steal it. Use banks to keep money safe
  • An in-game smartphone can call your friends whether they are in GTA Online or GTA V. You can also use this to set waypoints for your friends. While using the phone, your avatar moves their lips with yours.
  • While you are driving, you can choose to grant someone else permission over the radio
  • In-game AI will respond to how aggressive you are on your mic (as in, if you're shouting during a robbery, the AI will react and speed up/become more frightened)
  • Whoever sets up a heist decides who gets what cut of the final money when that money is obtained
  • Garages range from two car ports to 10 car ports
  • Cars can have retractable roofs controlled by the player
  • Missions can be accessed by physical markers or through a quickmatch sort of menu
  • User-made missions can be favorited and rated
  • You can assign other players certain roles in missions based on the particular abilities they have leveled up
  • You can share cash and ammunition with other players
  • There are stealth kill animations, possibly with a knife. The game tracks the amount of noise your character is making, and the AI will respond accordingly
  • You can steal physical items. During the demo, a mission was done in which a bike warehouse was robbed. The bikes had to be transported out in a large truck
  • "RP" are the points you get to level up your character
  • You can use physical gestures, such as flipping the bird
  • All of your info/communications in the game appear in the "Feed." Rockstar mentioned this as a sort of Twitter for GTA Online
  • You can purchase insurance for your car. By insuring your vehicle, if it gets destroyed or stolen, you can have it replaced by paying a small premium
  • Police helicopters have cameras mounted to the front of them. In real time, you can watch on live TV (on the news channel in your apartment) players with a high wanted level being chased by the police. There are additional channels with programs such as a crime noir show
  • Heists can have up to 20 different components. A heist is mentioned where a Titan (largest aircraft) is guarded by "Maryweather" (sp?). The Titan is indeed a flyable aircraft
  • There is a heli-pad on the roof of (at least) the largest AmmuNation and the store can also be accessed from there
  • Off the west coast of Los Santos, there is an another island with lots of buildings. This has not been seen before, but the folks at CVG saw it from afar
  • There is a "passive" mode where you cannot shoot or be shot
  • Your online world will always be populated with by 16 human players. You can still have friends in the game with you, but the other slots will fill up with random people around the same reputation level, as well

i can r/reactiongifs
Quote from Matrixi :Some GTA Online hands on information from CVG:
  • Characters from GTA V will appear in GTA Online
  • GTA Online will not always be limited to Los Santos; additional locations are in the works
  • CVG says you can do anything in GTA Online that you can do in GTA V. They list the following: heists, co-op missions, gang attacks, death matches, impromptu deathmatch, races, tennis, golf, base jumping, shooting range, ambient events (hold ups of stores, armored van robberies, crate drops, import/export missions involving car theft, bounties that you can set on other players and people can claim), betting
  • If you are killed while holding money (CVG says 1million as an example) you will lose a large portion of it, and others can steal it. Use banks to keep money safe
  • An in-game smartphone can call your friends whether they are in GTA Online or GTA V. You can also use this to set waypoints for your friends. While using the phone, your avatar moves their lips with yours.
  • While you are driving, you can choose to grant someone else permission over the radio
  • In-game AI will respond to how aggressive you are on your mic (as in, if you're shouting during a robbery, the AI will react and speed up/become more frightened)
  • Whoever sets up a heist decides who gets what cut of the final money when that money is obtained
  • Garages range from two car ports to 10 car ports
  • Cars can have retractable roofs controlled by the player
  • Missions can be accessed by physical markers or through a quickmatch sort of menu
  • User-made missions can be favorited and rated
  • You can assign other players certain roles in missions based on the particular abilities they have leveled up
  • You can share cash and ammunition with other players
  • There are stealth kill animations, possibly with a knife. The game tracks the amount of noise your character is making, and the AI will respond accordingly
  • You can steal physical items. During the demo, a mission was done in which a bike warehouse was robbed. The bikes had to be transported out in a large truck
  • "RP" are the points you get to level up your character
  • You can use physical gestures, such as flipping the bird
  • All of your info/communications in the game appear in the "Feed." Rockstar mentioned this as a sort of Twitter for GTA Online
  • You can purchase insurance for your car. By insuring your vehicle, if it gets destroyed or stolen, you can have it replaced by paying a small premium
  • Police helicopters have cameras mounted to the front of them. In real time, you can watch on live TV (on the news channel in your apartment) players with a high wanted level being chased by the police. There are additional channels with programs such as a crime noir show
  • Heists can have up to 20 different components. A heist is mentioned where a Titan (largest aircraft) is guarded by "Maryweather" (sp?). The Titan is indeed a flyable aircraft
  • There is a heli-pad on the roof of (at least) the largest AmmuNation and the store can also be accessed from there
  • Off the west coast of Los Santos, there is an another island with lots of buildings. This has not been seen before, but the folks at CVG saw it from afar
  • There is a "passive" mode where you cannot shoot or be shot
  • Your online world will always be populated with by 16 human players. You can still have friends in the game with you, but the other slots will fill up with random people around the same reputation level, as well

I've quoted the things on that list that I like.

I like it all.

edit: only thing I don't like is the 16 player limit. That's not even enough for modern shooter games on a relative small map. I hoped for at least 64, or 32 like GTA IV .
Old consoles wouldn't handle...
Quote from Bose321 :I've quoted the things on that list that I like.

I like it all.

edit: only thing I don't like is the 16 player limit. That's not even enough for modern shooter games on a relative small map. I hoped for at least 64, or 32 like GTA IV .

I think thats for console, I would expect much larger for PC.
#774 - Uke
I think the player limit is low to prevent it turning into a deathmatch where you die as soon as you respawn. (Freemode in gta IV).
Damn... I don't wanna buy a console only for this!

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG