The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Got some more spordy cars in garage now.
Attached images
gara.jpg
Speaking of the comet if you mod it right, you can almost perfectly replicate the rwb porsche. The rims even pay homage to it.
Finally bought and installed it.
Played a few hours, and so far it blows GTA4 out of the water, both content and visually. The driving is a bit meh, but I think I'll be able to adapt. Worst is the oversensitive throttle, there is almost no way to be able to follow traffic, you are constantly on and off the throttle to drive slow enough. Other than that it fits the game.
For my part, GTA V was the disappointment of the year. SP is meh, MP is even more meh. I don't think I've played a single mission that was really good. Have to admit, I only have like 2-3 hours of MP gametime, perhaps it gets better. In SP I'm a bit further than the heist where the military is involved, and you escape on a train.

Even freeroaming in SP sucks bigtime. Terrible physics that's less fun than GTA IV, and a huge map with little to do. Flying helicopter is truly terrible. Just Cause 2 in my opinion have way better (more fun) physics of driving and flying than GTA V.

Combat is not even worth mentioning, mostly it suffers from using a controller. Maybe those that are used to it find it ok, but for me it's so incredibly much worse than using a mouse and keyboard on a computer.

Does anyone really think the graphics are good? Good graphics does not make a good game, but it sometimes help a lot. When I can stand 10m away from a door or some detail in the landscape and not see it because of jaggies and poor textures, it hinders the gameplay in my opinion.

But I think I just had too high expectations for this game.
Quote from flonoen :Does anyone really think the graphics are good? Good graphics does not make a good game, but it sometimes help a lot. When I can stand 10m away from a door or some detail in the landscape and not see it because of jaggies and poor textures, it hinders the gameplay in my opinion.

It's as good as we're going to get on 8 year old hardware. I'd say it looks pretty amazing considering what it's being forced to run on, even if it's only 30 FPS max. Considering that they had to utilize the bandwidth of the both HDD and the disc drive bus for textures and objects (with the exception of PS3 + SSD + PSN install) it's a good showcase how much the ancient hardware is being pushed with GTA.

Multiplayer currently feels like a beta test more than anything, it oughta be more fun once the heists arrive, I hope. The mandatory grind for RP and money is a pain, especially with R* nerfing mission rewards with every single patch, as to prep people to buy their virtual currency with real money. Freeroam in public servers is a complete waste of time with all the griefers, but private crew and friend sessions are pretty awesome when you get some higher level missions going.

Personally, I've been more than happy with the game, I've certainly put in more hours in to it than anything else so far this year. Only the driving physics let me down pretty bad in the beginning, but I've adapted to them. 52 hours currently clocked in multiplayer alone, propably around +20 more with the character I lost before.
Finally, found a Sultan!! Took long enough, checking the prison every time I was near it and finally came across one. Love it to bits, great car, I've spent $150k on it already. Not sure about the colours, you can clearly see what I was going for but I'm not sure.

?

?
Aye it was too much, I've changed the body to 1 colour. Spawned back into the game and still had my modded Sultan, but had the $150k still in my bank account too. I'm not complaining, I spent the full lot on the car again.
Got some new cars for my online garage.

where did you find the rat loader? i've been looking for it for ages.
Quote from simulation :where did you find the rat loader? i've been looking for it for ages.

It spawns in Sandy Shores, just drive around until you find one parked up. Apparently it rarely spawns, but I found mine on my first attempt.
Why can't I take the strippers home? I used to have the option for asking her at the end of the dancing, but not anymore. The bar is full and she even says she would love to come over during the dance
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
I'm talking about SP (with Franklin). I don't think he's that ugly, and I've seen people on youtube doing it
Have you met the crazy chick that lives at the lighthouse? If so, that might be why, as she becomes your "mistress" for the game. Sexting you and you can go out on dates with her if you want.
It would be nice to get a race that wasn't the shite prison oval or 'Down the Drain' at the LA River, it's all I seem to get. Is literally everybody a boosting ****?
Quote from DeKo :It would be nice to get a race that wasn't the shite prison oval or 'Down the Drain' at the LA River, it's all I seem to get. Is literally everybody a boosting ****?

This is not the iRacing thread.

GTA V has more realistic physics.
Quote from NitroNitrous :I'm talking about SP (with Franklin). I don't think he's that ugly, and I've seen people on youtube doing it

it doesn't work with all the strippers

Juliet - Available to take home
Nikki - Available to take home
Cheetah - Cannot be taken home
Chastity - Cannot be taken home
Infernus - Available to take home
Sapphire - Available to take home
Peach - Cannot be taken home
Fufu - Cannot be taken home

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Have you met the crazy chick that lives at the lighthouse? If so, that might be why, as she becomes your "mistress" for the game. Sexting you and you can go out on dates with her if you want.

she does get along surprisingly well with Trevor, same sort of crazy I guess
I'm just sitting here, browsing this thread watching at your cars because I cannot afford nor a real car, nor driver's licence, nor PS3 and not even the GTA :/ Sucks to be me.. he, he
Quote from ACCAkut :it doesn't work with all the strippers

Juliet - Available to take home
Nikki - Available to take home
Cheetah - Cannot be taken home
Chastity - Cannot be taken home
Infernus - Available to take home
Sapphire - Available to take home
Peach - Cannot be taken home
Fufu - Cannot be taken home

she does get along surprisingly well with Trevor, same sort of crazy I guess

Wow thanks for the info man. I guess I've tried with all the unavailable ones. So Nikki's gonna come over tonight

Is the one in the lighthouse the one who challenges you running? Yeah I've completed all the missions with her, Trevor fell in love but the feeling wasn't mutual
Quote from delis :I'm just sitting here, browsing this thread watching at your cars because I cannot afford nor a real car, nor driver's licence, nor PS3 and not even the GTA :/ Sucks to be me.. he, he

Just for you, here's a proper car squashing a silly hybrid...

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Just for you, here's a proper car squashing a silly hybrid...

Heh, thanks man I'm more of a Japanese car fan

BTW, it always bothered me - why there is no GTA with the female character as the main character yet? It would be more interesting playing this kind of game with the female assassin of something like that. Seducing men, going to hotels, getting information, killing and so on...
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Just for you, here's a proper car squashing a silly hybrid...

My dad did that with his hummer irl, some sort of excitement you get crushing a car!

#touchparking
Kinda surprising to see that the H1 is wide enough to hit the Camry with the left wheel and place its right wheels on the right side of the Neon at the same time. So if you only consider width the Neon can fit between H1's tyres.
Cutting about in style, with my full crew in the back.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG