The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
The Tailgater spawns in a few locations, I keep finding them in the Golf Course parking lot, in a space opposite the main door. You can also find one at the Airport taxi rank/passenger drop off point. There's another place near some tennis courts, but I've never found one there.

Cheers, gonna take a look there from time to time.
Tailgater, nice fitting name for an Audi clone

Became a bad sport for all the self defence bombs 2 nights ago. Then i lost my Entity XF because the game thought my Bodhi was the entity... Back to F4 until they release heists or add logical mission payouts.
If you guys want to level up, get money, and unlock car parts. Just get a friend, do the Prison race, 1 lap, taking turns to win. For winning you get about $3300 and 1500rp. You get more for winning ten 1 lap races, than you do for winning one 10 lap race. Also don't use bombs in self defense, just be smart about it, lead them to an area where you can ambush them, get out of your car and pick them off, then have an escape plan. I like to mark the best escape areas as points of interest, usually the broken walls on highway intersections are enough to throw off anyone chasing you.
Did that for a while with some random guy to unlock car parts and colours, the money/xp rewards depend on your level though.
I don't get how the car spawn works. I've been playing this game since it was released almost every day. I've completed the main story and 87% of the overall game but there are cars that I have seen today for the first time ever, like the Cadillac Deville and the AE86 (knock off). I saw one day the Chrysler Voyager, but ONLY that day.
And no, is not that they have been there many times and I just haven't realised, I'm a car designer so my brain unconsciously analyses every single car in the screen with a just a glance of peripheal vision
The spawning code is still very much broken and weird, like it has always been with every single 3D GTA.

For example, this particular car appears once in the offline story. Once.

Quote from Matrixi :The spawning code is still very much broken and weird, like it has always been with every single 3D GTA.

For example, this particular car appears once in the offline story. Once.

Nope. Seen that Asea many many times. Infact I was driving it around so much that it became Michaels unique car.
It will appear again only if you grab it during the one mission it spawns. If you don't, it's gone for good.
What I really hate is the fact that there are usually like 3 different models on the road at the same time. You're driving one car and 50% of the people is driving it, the other 50% is split between two other models.
That and the lack of cars in some situations. Isn't it call Grand Theft AUTO? It's so hard to find a car sometimes when you're on foot, even the huge multilevel parking lots are empty
^ Yeah that!

70% of the time when i'm online the only cars spawning are the Chrysler Crossfire knock-off and the Futo... so annoying!
Tried the docks, no luck yesterday so I'll go look again
Quote from Matrixi :It will appear again only if you grab it during the one mission it spawns. If you don't, it's gone for good.

Doubt that's the case to be honest. Some cars you'll never see in offline. Generally something has to trigger the type of cars that are spawned. Depending on the area you're in at the time and/or the cars that are being spawned at the same time.

Eitherway I'm generally disappointed with Grand Theft Auto : Online as I'm sure most other people are. It really isn't as fun as it promises to be, that said I'm sure having a server with just inviting friends would be where most of the fun will be.
Quote from NitroNitrous :What I really hate is the fact that there are usually like 3 different models on the road at the same time. You're driving one car and 50% of the people is driving it, the other 50% is split between two other models.
That and the lack of cars in some situations. Isn't it call Grand Theft AUTO? It's so hard to find a car sometimes when you're on foot, even the huge multilevel parking lots are empty

may this be an issue based on the limited memory of the consoles? They try to keep the "up-popping" of building and stuff down, so as few cars as possible are stored in the RAM at the same time.
Quote from ACCAkut :may this be an issue based on the limited memory of the consoles? They try to keep the "up-popping" of building and stuff down, so as few cars as possible are stored in the RAM at the same time.

Pretty much, the cars always belong to certain groups due to the console memory limits. If they didn't limit the car model spawning in any way, they would run out of that 256MB memory limit pretty quick. Drive around enough, and you'll get different car groups spawning. Like I said, it's been done this way since GTA 3, pity they never change it for the PC version either.
Quote from BlueFlame :Eitherway I'm generally disappointed with Grand Theft Auto : Online as I'm sure most other people are. It really isn't as fun as it promises to be, that said I'm sure having a server with just inviting friends would be where most of the fun will be.

The freeroam part is kinda useless to me aswell, might be fun for a few mins or for people that love deathmatch. But driving around and exploring the map with random people is hardly possible as you will always get killed on sight.

I usually stick to missions or other jobs.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm sure having a server with just inviting friends would be where most of the fun will be.

Yes... So much... fun...
Quote from Matrixi :Pretty much, the cars always belong to certain groups due to the console memory limits. If they didn't limit the car model spawning in any way, they would run out of that 256MB memory limit pretty quick. Drive around enough, and you'll get different car groups spawning. Like I said, it's been done this way since GTA 3, pity they never change it for the PC version either.

Every time that happens it's an owners club meeting.
Can anyone confirm that the Intruder is rare online? Only seen one and i grabbed it instinctively.
This is getting ridiculous... since the beginning of the week all i get on the streets is the Chrysler knock-off, Franklins car, futo and the same type of truck... NOTHING else! WTF...
At the moment, I'm in the middle of a full scale war with Fighter Jets/Buzzards with another random guy on freeroam called Tristan, no chance it's the very same one. Purgatory has its benefits, all out wars with people are the most fun I've had on this game. If I could play with friends I would stay a Bad Sport.

Or, what they should do is have a server for all the gimps who want to cuddle and kiss each other in free-roam with no PVP, and another server for carnage and do away with the pointless passive mode and this bad sport pish.
Quote from DeKo :Or, what they should do is have a server for all the gimps who want to cuddle and kiss each other in free-roam with no PVP, and another server for carnage and do away with the pointless passive mode and this bad sport pish.

You pissed off at the fact that there are no skirts for the scottish people online? Very good idea nevertheless.
Quote from pipa :You pissed off at the fact that there are no skirts for the scottish people online? Very good idea nevertheless.

Rich coming from a German, a Kilt might be unusual but the shit you lot wear is off the hook. I would much rather be in a Kilt, thank you very much .

Screw that I want kilts and lederhosen in a clothing DLC now!

Also Phoenix isn't that great. I plan to modify something into a tank.

EDIT: Speaking of tanks I'm watching a tank v nuzzard v jet v random people war on the spectator mode. I'm wanting the buzzard to win

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG