The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
At first glance in the 2nd mission the cars handle like shit, but it takes getting used to. I also feel like there's too many controls mapped to some buttons. Hold or press in several instances will cost you if you don't adapt. The switching isn't fast like it was shown in the trailers. Its more like a 20 to 30 second cinematic. Still loads of fun and the best part is that the clothing and such doesn't take ages to load and preview like in san andreas.
The map is quite vast but you have to laugh at the hopelessly optimistic predictions that came out before release based on that leaked image with the chopped-off scale in the corner that people either chose to ignore or were too dumb to interpret correctly.

Only played for about an hour but it seems like a well put together game, and I'm not disappointed.

The main reason GTA V has this lame arcade driving physics
Oh jeeze, for a second I thought I was on Tumblr.
Quote from Specht77 :The main reason GTA V has this lame arcade driving physics

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Also, I was watching some more videos, and that special ability to put the time in slow motion so you can steer even faster, is really silly. How did that get in GTA?
Quote from Specht77 :
The main reason GTA V has this lame arcade driving physics

why should this be the main reason? The game is Rated R, meaning in theory that boy can wait another 8 years till he's legally allowed to play it

from what I've seen its not that bad, a few cars (that R8 clone) really drive like on rails, but other still oversteer, understeer and spin if you drive them wrong.
Quote from ACCAkut :from what I've seen its not that bad, a few cars (that R8 clone) really drive like on rails, but other still oversteer, understeer and spin if you drive them wrong.

wow, you suck at driving then if you manage to do that
Just played the first couple of hours. The game is a definitely a proper GTA, and the driving is not as bad as I expected. What annoys me the most is the 720p resolution, which combined with a 1080p screen and the lack of AA makes it look like SHIT. That and the complexity of the controls (first time ever I play this game on console) but I guess I'll have time to get used to it. Other than that, awesome.

PS: Special mention to the sound, which is top notch, and automatic downshifts work really well.
damn i hate the mouse lag.. well at least its on pc
I'm sold, the game is a winner. I haven't been playing very long but I'm already used totthe new driving physics and I think they are an improvement over gtaiv. Cars have more weight, making crashes much more realistic. The character switching does not take 30 seconds.. Just scratching the surface makes me feel this game will last as long as gtaiv or longer if it gets a second wind with the next gen consoles.
Quote from ACCAkut :why should this be the main reason? The game is Rated R, meaning in theory that boy can wait another 8 years till he's legally allowed to play it

from what I've seen its not that bad, a few cars (that R8 clone) really drive like on rails, but other still oversteer, understeer and spin if you drive them wrong.

They do handle differently, I've spun out with the muscle cars on fast turns
Also, almost flipped my car while turning hard, got it up on 2 wheels

Although the steepness of the inclines you can drive up are a bit wack

Love the warble on the gear changes
Damn it Kev. You had to go and stab someone and spoil it for everyone.

I ought to carjack you and steal all your bass.

All your bass are belong to us.
Anyone got some proper info how the garages work or how/when your car gets impounded?
Drove a rather expensive car it into a golf course lake and was wondering if i might see it again.
The beaches are seriously impressive, technically and artistically - waves, surf, caustics, refraction and the look. Even swimming pools have nice caustics.
You can just stand there, soak in the ambience and audio - relaxing, so it's a bit like Skyrim in this regard
I should take Chop "dog" for a walk here and play fetch with him

And the characters actually get and look wet

Here are some time of day change ones - you can see the clouds move, the sun/moon as well, lens flares, lights of cars driving over the bridge etc, and the tide and surf changes as well!

Quote from e2mustang :damn i hate the mouse lag.. well at least its on pc

What do you mean it is on PC?
Are the waves' shapes affected by the rocks - is a physics simulation, or is it just the textures of things like foam and swell?
What's really shitty is driving bikes, infinite grip and instant 100-0 braking.

Otherwise this game is great, I like the custom things you can put in your guns
It's better on Atari.
sorry, I wasn't saying that you're the troll, I was saying that the e2mustang were

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG