The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from Specht77 :sorry, I wasn't saying that you're the troll, I was saying that the e2mustang were

Oh, sorry.
Huge error going around 360 versions where the game automatically restarts losing all current mission progress. Some people get it in the beginning others midway through the game and the only way to get by is to clearcache, delete install and play offf disk or keep deleting and reinstalling.

I think this was purposeful to keep people from installing and reselling the game tbh considering this bug is so widespread and impossible to miss. Btw, had no idea mountain lions were in the game. Nearly had my heart give up when mucking around chilliad.
You haffto have the disk in your 360 anyways, even if you do install it to HDD.

I've only started the first 30 minutes or so on my PS3 version. Not had time to play yet sadly.
Quote from Crashgate3 :Are the waves' shapes affected by the rocks - is a physics simulation, or is it just the textures of things like foam and swell?

The waves are actual rolling geometry and changes shape/deforms, but the spray and foam look like textures, but still natural looking.
There must be some form of adaptive tessellation going on - maybe

---

edit - you can compete in TRIATHLONS!

Quote from pipa :Anyone got some proper info how the garages work or how/when your car gets impounded?
Drove a rather expensive car it into a golf course lake and was wondering if i might see it again.

If you store the car in your proper garage, not the one in the safehouse, it should always be around. Respawn, although I remeber something about buying insurance...

Then again, the car I stored in the safehouse garage has stayed there, but not always.

Quote :Just put a upgrade on it and you can reclaim it at the impound if you lose it.

I love the game

Car controls is something indeed you have to get used to, but I'm fine with it now. Game is funny as hell, especially when you start playing as Trevor. Even the cool reference to Nico when you're going to rob the jewelery store with Michael "And there was that Eastern European guy in Liberty City..... nah, he went quiet"
Quote from CoolColJ :If you store the car in your proper garage, not the one in the safehouse, it should always be around. Respawn, although I remeber something about buying insurance...

Not respawned yet and not in the import either. Ah well.
To clarify i never had in the big garage, just thought it would get impounded after a while if i left it. Seems as if you have to leave it on the street in order to get it automatically towed.
Really loving the game!

I was scared about driving physics first and indeed a little disappointed with the first few cars i drove, but not all cars are the same. Some old cars from GTAIV still handle very similar and there's no problem at all loosing traction and sliding them around corners.
Also the car deformation isn't that bad now. I've had various situations where the cars were deformed quite a bit like in good old GTAIV days, maybe not as much, but close.

Graphics wise, the game looks simply stunning sometimes...

Can't really complain about anything, other than having to work right now instead of sitting on the couch playing the game...
So.. But...

I never followed this even closely (no console except Wii) but how is the multiplayer bit functioning? Or is this not active yet? If not, when?
Quote from jibber :Really loving the game!

I was scared about driving physics first and indeed a little disappointed with the first few cars i drove, but not all cars are the same. Some old cars from GTAIV still handle very similar and there's no problem at all loosing traction and sliding them around corners.
Also the car deformation isn't that bad now. I've had various situations where the cars were deformed quite a bit like in good old GTAIV days, maybe not as much, but close.

Graphics wise, the game looks simply stunning sometimes...

Can't really complain about anything, other than having to work right now instead of sitting on the couch playing the game...

I like the fact that instead of cars staying one big ball of metal after crashing, that you actually lose parts now. And I like the way the traffic interacts etc... Much better then IV.
Quote from pipa :img

Pretty sweet billboard.

I actually looked back, and double checked if there was a person hanging off
Such a great idea!
LOL, I pulled the handbrake at the lights and rev'ed my car up, and the sports car next to me took it as meaning I wanted a drag race and he took off on the third rev, even on a red light
I like to honk my horn if cars are blocking me on a red. Usually they only get pissed and swear at me, or stick up a finger, but one guy actually got out and try to punch me

Also I didn't realize you can interact with NPC with the right D-Pad button! Lots of fun lost :/

I'm also parking properly more often in this GTA....
Seem to care about the cars are lot more

In my proper garage, I have a GT-R knock off stashed there, bonus special car....?
Quote from CoolColJ :LOL, I pulled the handbrake at the lights and rev'ed my car up, and the sports car next to me took it as meaning I wanted a drag race and he took off on the third rev, even on a red light
I like to honk my horn if cars are blocking me on a red. Usually they only get pissed and swear at me, or stick up a finger, but one guy actually got out and try to punch me

Also I didn't realize you can interact with NPC with the right D-Pad button! Lots of fun lost :/

I'm also parking properly more often in this GTA....
Seem to care about the cars are lot more

In my proper garage, I have a GT-R knock off stashed there, bonus special car....?

Indeed. great car!
Cars don't deform as easily as in IV but now you can damage your tire on collision or even lose a wheel. Fenders and bumpers fall off. I once saw a car leaving a trail of fuel after someone shoot at it. The most common critical damage is wheels getting blocked.

Quote from chanoman315 :What's really shitty is driving bikes, infinite grip and instant 100-0 braking.

Yeah, they completely messed up bikes. Fun - 404
Quote from Amynue :The most common critical damage is wheels getting blocked.

:huepfenic   :huepfenic
Quote from DeKo :Map isn't much bigger I suppose yeah, in the same way that the US isn't much bigger than the UK.

Just cos you see more depth and higher resolution textures, don't make it an infinitely bigger map.

Cars still disappear on rare occasions too when you turn around and turn back.

As we see it, it's a game with questionable but tolerative physics and an open world just like any other GTA from Vice City onwards.

It's just like any other GTA really, there's no point exaggerating the product because of your pre-release excitement that you're committed to fulfilling.

There's only one thing in GTAV that is truly epic, and far surpasses all the previous GTA's and that's character development and story-line.

Infact for story so far from what I've gotten through [20%] it's one of the best stories I've ever seen on a video game. With dialogue that makes you actually laugh out rather than just draw out a wry smile and character to and fro's that really seem almost to be completely improv and not written at all.

EDIT : Oh, and the music, ok shit like Rhianna and some other crap can get ****ed but the sheer selection and generic output of music is very satisfying indeed. Much better than GTA IV for example.
Where did the elegy gt come from? Pre-order bonus? I just found it parking a car in my garage as Trevor. So much options to customizing cars. Love the photo taking feature as you can take selfies haha.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Where did the elegy gt come from? Pre-order bonus? I just found it parking a car in my garage as Trevor. So much options to customizing cars. Love the photo taking feature as you can take selfies haha.

The Elegy is part of linking your account to your Social Club Account. It's very handy, as you can spawn it in any garage so I could easily just pop to a garage and spawn one. Plus, unlimited spawning
I like the Blimp. So relaxing to fly :0
Can you fly real low in it over the street?
Probably. I landed it on a building, then wasn't able to get back in the blimp. Had to do a suicide dive off the building.
I wish it would be possible to transfer photos as raw files to the consoles hard drive directly, rather than this social club bullcrap that's down 99.99% of the time anyway.

My pimped out Dominator.
Attached images
0_0.jpg
I wonder if flying a blimp under a bridge counts towards the under the bridge achievement
I never looked at achievements yet. I had fun doing nothing
Damn, just got my hands on this beast and a couple of hours play time.

Well, to say the least, well worth the wait in my opinion. The driving isn't aaanywhere near as bad as people complain, the map is huge compared to others in my opinion, can't wait to go through more missions and learn more about this game.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG