The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from DratsaB :I am also surprised they are releasing 5 so soon, which would imply they are using the same engine, which would be a first for a GTA sequel.

I'm pretty sure Gta 3, Vice City, San Andreas and all the others upto IV used the same game engine for physics and graphics. It just got tweaked as the years went by and the technology advanced.

I'm excited about V. Even without viewing the trailer, I can confidently say I will buy this. Rockstar have always made games that I enjoy.

Rockstar still has licensing rights to the Euphoria engine until 2018, so that will most likely be uses, which is fine as its a great engine. As long as there is no more low gravity, or cars with uber soft suspension...
grapics engine the same? surely not.
doubt the physics engine very much too.

either way, i enjoyed all parts of gta since i started playing it (my first was vice city).

so im sure ill enjoy this one as well...if it gets released for pc that is.
If they fox the AA it'lloret be great.

too bad that it won't run on my pc though, since I away loved the gta.series, especially iv
Sweet!!!

I really thought they were going to wait for the next generation of consoles to make another game. Who wants to start predicting the setting/era?

I predict Washington D.C. in the present or Vice City remake.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :grapics engine the same? surely not.
doubt the physics engine very much too.

Just like I thought....according to the interwebs, I am right. Every one from GTA 3 up until the last "gta:stories" rubbish has used the same "RenderWare" game engine. As the years went on, they were able to get more out of it, hence why San Andreas looks similiar to 3, but does have better 3D modelling etc.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge they all used the same engine? For a start, they all look very similiar, and not to mention the same physics calculations on a lot of things. Ever notice how civilians always had the same death animations no matter what sequel?

At least I taught you something new, eh?
Quote from TamelCoe :This better be more like san andreas... GTA IV was bad.

Agree! (EVERY Rockstar game should be like San Andreas (minus the bugs), that game was gold)
#32 - JJ72
dunno if they look the same, S.A. has very little post process filters compare to IV. And you know you can use the same animation for whatever engine.

Even if the engine is from the same roots it has changed so much between games.
#33 - DeKo
Quote from JJ72 :dunno if they look the same, S.A. has very little post process filters compare to IV. And you know you can use the same animation for whatever engine.

No-one said SA was the last to use the previous gen engine, GTA4 was the first game on the new engine. Think of GTA4 being the same as GTA3, a rough test of what the engine is capable of.
I actually thought GTAV would be launch tittle for new consoles, i'm not sure how much more graphically can they pull from the consoles. I played GTA IV the other day on PS3, and as much as graphics looked impressive back in 2008, i don't know.. but who cares, it will be an awesome game no doubt, just can't wait.
Quote from JJ72 :dunno if they look the same, S.A. has very little post process filters compare to IV. And you know you can use the same animation for whatever engine.

You must of misunderstood me. I was saying that every other GTA incarnation except for 1,2,london and IV have used the same engine.

SA and IV have no similarities what so ever. Rockstar started a ten year deal with the euphoria guys back in 2008, so you will probably find that V will use the same character animation engine, which is fine as Euphoria is awesome. Whether Rockstar uses the same physics and collision engine is yet to be confirmed. As I said before, my only gripes with IV was the low gravity and very soft car suspension. If they fix that, I'll be happy....if they don't, I will still buy it!
#36 - JJ72
ohoh right I read it wrong.
Quote from flymike91 :Sweet!!!

I really thought they were going to wait for the next generation of consoles to make another game. Who wants to start predicting the setting/era?

I predict Washington D.C. in the present or Vice City remake.

I'm hoping they go for a Vice City style with the euphoria engine, GTAIV gameplay was amazing the character could have been better though. Bare in mind Rockstars main focus was to build the euphoria engine.
Either way I still can have countless hours of fun just bouncing people off my car in different directions or cruising the streets in GTAIV
idk why, but when I look at that "V" in the logo, I have a feeling it will be some city in South America
#39 - Uke
Quote from Agniz :idk why, but when I look at that "V" in the logo, I have a feeling it will be some city in South America

The only thing that comes to my mind in the logo sis grove street
Damn I hope they code some LSD (as in limited slip diffs) into the game. I hate that every damn car in GTA4 had an open-diff
Yes! Thank you! Time for some wannabe gangsta stuff
Quote from BlakjeKaas :What, why?

You could do way more stuff in gta san andreas. More missions etc and better storyline. Gang wars was fun ^^

GTA IV was only good about it's ragdoll physics
If it turns out to be another gangsta wannabe I'll be disappointed. That was what I hated about SA. I like the proper crime family theme from GTA3 and VC. This 'urban' gangsta wannabe stuff is crap. I want proper crime families, with chandeliers over their staircases, limousines, poorly voiced accents nice suits and countless Godfather references. That's what crime is all about!
Quote from MAGGOT :If it turns out to be another gangsta wannabe I'll be disappointed. That was what I hated about SA. I like the proper crime family theme from GTA3 and VC. This 'urban' gangsta wannabe stuff is crap. I want proper crime families, with chandeliers over their staircases, limousines, poorly voiced accents nice suits and countless Godfather references. That's what crime is all about!

+
But nigguh stuff is funny. I don't want to live the character just want to play it xD
Quote from TamelCoe :But nigguh stuff is funny. I don't want to live the character just want to play it xD

Saints Row 3 is your destiny.
Ive heard rumors that GTA5 will be similar to Vice City. I read some article where some dude from R* said that.

Anyway, cant wait to see the trailer. Max Payne 3 looks pretty badass already so i guess they will implement that in GTA5 too. Shitty news is that GTA5 will still use crappy old RAGE engine .. that was confirmed by that same dude.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG