The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from Bose321 :Unless you have a potato as GPU it will be just fine.

Yes, if it runs fine (or even better than GTA4 as it's said) on an old Xbox, I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Well, GTA IV is known for being optimized well for PC.
Quote from Bose321 :Unless you have a potato as GPU it will be just fine.

I could run GTA IV at medium settings and lagging like hell at night time, so I'm not expecting anything better. The Core2Quad Extreme, 8Gb ram and SSD should be fine, but my old 9800mGTS is not that fast anymore.
That's weird, I remember it ran fine on my mobile 9600m something something.
Hard to believe that 1Gb is not enough. Anyway, there are the other 2 points that justify me buying the PS3 version on Tuesday
I had those two points too, but I can now wait for sure.

And if I can't I'll go buy a cheap xbox and mod it.
I think the car controls are actually great.

It's like they combined the physics from IV with San Andreas and made it something in between.

The grip varies hugely between all the different cars unlike in IV and San Andreas it was sort of really similar in all the cars.

Lots of modifications available for cars. Lower suspensions, engine upgrades, turbos, rims (pretty nice looking too), xenon lights, bulletproof tyres, enhanced car armour, window tint, hoods, bumpers, sideskirts. Pretty awesome to mod the high end Audi A6 lookalike.
The cheat code I've been waiting for:
Quote :X360
Slidey Cars: Y RB RB Left RB LB RT LB
PS3
Slidey Cars: Triangle, R1, R1, Left, R1, L1, R2, L1

Quote from Amynue :The cheat code I've been waiting for:

Is that for reals?

What's it like?
Is it any good? I'd like to see a video or gif where it's used!
That looks good!
Does it affect all the cars in the world, or only the one you're driving?
Quote from sinbad :Does it affect all the cars in the world, or only the one you're driving?

That really doesn't matter does it? Will someone test this cause it looks very promising..
It looks better, but a little too slippery and unusable (unless the driver in this video just sucks).
Quote from Boris Lozac :That really doesn't matter does it? Will someone test this cause it looks very promising..

Well it would kind of suck if you're in a car chase and the other cars have way more grip than you have.
Morningwood? Really?
Yeah, brilliant name.

I also like the BAWSAQ stock exchange name.
Tried it now, driving physics are certainly worse than gta 4 but it is still fun to drive. Game itself is really amazing.

Now i just have to get used to that controller thingy, never played with a gamepad before.
Map isn't as big as people kept saying. About the same size as the old San Andreas but just has 105049564% more depth to it.
Gta 4 physics were sweet, and gta physics have gotten better with each release. I have glimpsed the gta5 handling and it looks too need for speedish arcadish for me. I was surprised, it was clearly a step back.

This reminds me of what a let down gta 4 was after playing san andreas, all the stuff that was not included in gta4 really pissed me off.

This day and age we expect the best of the best and with every new version of a game that comes out, EVERYTHING should be improved.

What really makes me laugh though... gta is primarily a game built on its driving ability, hence the name grand theft AUTO. why the hell did they reduce the physics so badly and turn it into need for speed auto ! ?????

"Why has this been done? Apparently a lot of people were complaining, this group of people consisted of children and people who were just generally bad at the driving and used to pathetic racing games that weren't realistic. "
Mr J yahoo answers.

Those of you who bought and played and enjoyed need for speed over the years, you destroyed grand theft auto 5 driving physics, kthxbai

edit:
The damage cars take has been nerfed considerably.. it's kind of sad how Rockstar decided to bow to the pressure of 14 year olds who aren't even old enough to play their games... I hope they release a patch for it.
To be honest GTA has NEVER been about driving physics. It's about mowing people down and doing the most insane shit you can't do on other games. Although Saints Row took the helm of the stupidity that GTA III and Vice City had to another level GTA has never been a serious game. The whole basis of its existence has always been tongue in cheek humour and outlandish characters.

If you don't get this, then GTA was never for you.
Yes, Grand Theft AUTO has never been about driving physics, until GTA IV which hit the sweet spot, i remember a big smile on my face first starting a car on that dock.. There's no logic to go backwards after that.
To me GTA IV driving physics were quite horrid for most of the cars(there were few gems).
If you want good driving physics for a game like this, check out Driver: San Francisco.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG