The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
I'm sure that Rockstar did plenty of market research that showed the majority of the public thought IV physics were too loose/bouncy/uncontrollable so they made the driving a bit easier.

That said, from what I've seen its pretty freaking hard to fly helicopter and airplanes. Autohover is gone and it seems like you actually have to have an understanding of roll, pitch, and yaw to fly safely. As if that isn't hard enough for most people, the camera dynamics for helis and planes is literally nausea inducing. Lots of people in streams complaining of motion sickness.
Quote from Rappa Z :That said, from what I've seen its pretty freaking hard to fly helicopter and airplanes. Autohover is gone and it seems like you actually have to have an understanding of roll, pitch, and yaw to fly safely.

Thankfully I am a flight simulator enthusiast
As much as I love driving... I will still buy gta5 regardless of wether the physics are shit or not. There is so much to the game that I should be well entertained. Personally looking forward to the flying aspect., dont like the sound of motion sickness views though haha
Really don't worry about the driving physics they are still much more enjoyable than in any nfs title.
They reduced the damage in the cars too right?
Depends. I've seen streams where head on collisions lead to instantaneous explosions, but for the most part it does seem that you only get light dings and scratches off of collisions.

The damage model itself is much more realistic though, with fenders falling off and some cars only partially burning when lit on fire.
I'll be going to the night release around 23.00h....

Will be a fun game, just a shame about the driving. But so much that came back for in return, will be fun!
No Android or Windows Phone. That's an interesting decision.

Then again, R* also makes the ignorant decision to not release a PC version (yet) of the game.
How do console gamers play fps games, trying to aim at people with these little thumbjoysticks is a nightmare.
You mean they build things for platforms that people actually use?

Shocker.
Quote from pipa :How do console gamers play fps games, trying to aim at people with these little thumbjoysticks is a nightmare.

Shitloads of aim assist.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You mean they build things for platforms that people actually use?

Shocker.

Are you implying people don't use Android, Windows Phone or the PC?
Quote from Bose321 :Are you implying people don't use Android, Windows Phone or the PC?

No one who matters. GTAV for PC is about the only one I could actually support. The former 2.. nobody gives a shit.
I know i'm on the wrong forums, to say this, but i'll go ahead: physics in GTA don't matter to me, as long as it is not NFS like. It's not about physics, the centre of fun lies elsewhere, not in the way, in which i lost control of my car.
Who cares about the driving physics of NFS? It's not like it's a fundamental element of such a game anyways...
Maybe it's just me but GTA 4 had crappy handling cars :auto:

I actually think it's good that they don't all slide around all over the place and end up getting wrecked before I arrive at my destination...
Quote from CoolColJ :Maybe it's just me but GTA 4 had crappy handling cars :auto:

I actually think it's good that they don't all slide around all over the place and end up getting wrecked before I arrive at my destination...

Ahh but the joy of floating over the crest in the crossroads and threading through the traffic with the car all out of shape and impossible to slow down. Realistic or not, GTA4 rewarded practice, because it was a challenge.
Spent the last 2 days driving about and there is really nothing to worry about. In my opinion, a perfect mix between San andreas and IV. I loved the driving in IV and was as worried as the rest, and it really is brilliant.
All I would say is, if you're getting this game on PS3, buy it from the PS Store and download it. The noise of my Blu-Ray drive constantly reading is making me go insane.
Quote from DeKo :All I would say is, if you're getting this game on PS3, buy it from the PS Store and download it. The noise of my Blu-Ray drive constantly reading is making me go insane.

But the price on the PSN is insane :/

When is the PC version coming out?
You lucky console bastards.:weeping:
Quote from CheerioDM :You lucky console bastards.:weeping:

Buy a used 360. 250gb for 220 is a steal. Then sale it locally for 150 and put towards the One.
Quote from DeKo :All I would say is, if you're getting this game on PS3, buy it from the PS Store and download it. The noise of my Blu-Ray drive constantly reading is making me go insane.

Not a good idea, buting from the ps store means you will not be able to play untill the day after the release.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG