The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Pretty accurate map:
Attached images
accurate scale.png
Quote from ACCAkut :nah, thats not scaled right, the maps from RR, SA and IV are way too small. Just compare the sizes of the airport runways. The map is big, but not that big.

edit: the reddit guys corrected the map overlay thingy

http://i.imgur.com/NF7hAZB.jpg

That somehow assumes that all the airports must be the same size.

Liberty cities airport in GTA 4 from my knowledge was much bigger then any airport in San Andreas for example.
I think this replicates the truth best: http://i3.minus.com/ibxSxKT9m7OCdE.png

Its the similar scale to what jack posted with the three maps but it puts SA closer to Los santos so you can see the difference better.
Quote from sinbad :You think the s.a map was only 3km across?

its said to be 36 square kilometers in size

that car in th video looks like an AWD R8 Spyder clone, hope the "on rails" handling originates from that. the front wheels seem to pull the car along
Quote from pipa :Little worried by the look of that handling.

Yeah, I agree. It's definitely taken a step towards more arcadey physics. Pity.
Quote from sinbad :You think the s.a map was only 3km across?

Ruler it up and its around 3 and half which would make true to the claim of 36 square kms.
cop got tackled to the floor by a dead body
Gamespot posted this: GTA V map
I wouldn't expect it to be indicative of the handling physics in general. Gta4 cars were just as keen to hover-craft-rotate in chase cam view, and obviously this is a high performance modern car with lots of grip and stiff suspension. It's the muscle cars that will show whether they've screwed with it or not, but I'm not overly worried by this video.
Quote from sinbad :high performance modern car with lots of grip and stiff suspension.

That car literally absorbs the bumps instantly. It just shows me that will certainly not be as realistic as gta4 was. Lets hope it's realistic enough to be fun to drive.
But GTA IV cars weren't fun to drive, they were like boats.
Whaaa? GTA IV had awesome handling, almost perfect for that kind of game..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Whaaa? GTA IV had awesome handling, almost perfect for that kind of game..

He's just mad the faster cars had no proper diffs and couldn't pull off powerdrifts.
Well of course it's a matter of an opinion but TBH I think that IV's handling was pure genius. I mean it was easy enough to be very playable with kb and mouse, but at the same time had a realistic feeling to it and was challenging enough to feel really rewarding when you were able to escape all those nice close calls you'd end up with.
My favorites were definitely the boat type of cars, old American 80's shitboxes with crappy suspension but enough power to get to a decent speed.
The Italian type supercars were a bit dull for me because they were too easy. I actually think it looks quite similar to this in the video.

Quote from sinbad :I wouldn't expect it to be indicative of the handling physics in general. Gta4 cars were just as keen to hover-craft-rotate in chase cam view, and obviously this is a high performance modern car with lots of grip and stiff suspension. It's the muscle cars that will show whether they've screwed with it or not, but I'm not overly worried by this video.

I'd agree on this.
But IIRC the devs said somewhere that they did tone the driving physics for GTA 5 a tad more in the arcade direction... But even if it drives considerably worse than 4, it's still going to be great IMHO.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG