The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from Matrixi :The game still only renders at 720p30 no matter what screen you use.

dunno, but on youtube at last it looks way better in 1440 than 720. May be down to rendering on their servers.
They just scale it up and apply filters to sharpen the picture and increase contrast.
I found it looks worse on a big screen. On a 42 inch TV you can see the edges/pixels on the gps screen and looking beyond the car into the distance the image gets very unclear/blurry.
Quote from pipa :I found it looks worse on a big screen. On a 42 inch TV you can see the edges/pixels on the gps screen and looking beyond the car into the distance the image gets very unclear/blurry.

That applies to every game on any system. If you run the same resolution on a bigger display you have fewer pixels per inch.

Gta5 looks incredible imo. Yes, aa8x would improve it massively, as would 1080p and a solid 60fps, but the consoles are ancient.

It's a demonstration of what graphics designers should focus on. The water looks fantastic, the weather effects are stunning and the lighting is utterly convincing. Anything less than this and all the pixels, aa, and texture memory in the world won't make it look as good as this does.
Well, I've gotten 100% on GTA by Rockstar's checklist now. only took (of actual playing time) about 65 hours.
Only took lol And game's been out for a week or something?
10 or 11 days or something I believe. Still a lot of hours per day though...
I've played through 2 saves, both at around 75% complete. It doesn't take that long, maybe 15 hours to get to 70%.
I've been at 78% for quite a few days now, just messing around in the world without doing anything in particular. Might think about 100% on the PC version, can't stand the pad aiming for the necessary shooting range challenges.
Quote from sinbad :It's a demonstration of what graphics designers should focus on. The water looks fantastic, the weather effects are stunning and the lighting is utterly convincing.

Yes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=197Li1LJ6kI

Quote from Matrixi :I've been at 78% for quite a few days now, just messing around in the world without doing anything in particular. Might think about 100% on the PC version, can't stand the pad aiming for the necessary shooting range challenges.

You need only bronze medals for 100% which is quite easy, even with a steering wheel or TV remote. I'm at 87% so far.
Quote from Matrixi :Black, unmarked, driven by four drug agents armed to the teeth?

Yeah only saw 2 of those but the rest are red, blue or white.
Invincibility:

Xbox 360: Right, A, Right, Left, Right, RB, Right, Left, A, Y

PS3: Right, X, Right, Left, Right, R1, Right, Left, X, Triangle

Catch? Can only last for 5 minutes and cannot be used for missions/hobbies and pastimes.
So I guess it's good for messing around for 5 minutes in free roam without having to worry about the 5k health bill... Until the 5 minute limit runs out...

Edit: Legit - I went into the millitary base and ran around. Didn't die even if a Rhino blasted me.

Edit 2: It appears the rest of the codes are cracked:

Weapons

PS3: Triangle, R2, Left, L1, X, Right, Triangle, Down, Square, L1, L1, L1
Xbox 360: Y, RT, Left, LB, A, Right, Y, Down, X, LB, LB, LB

Max Health & Armor

PS3: Circle, L1, Triangle, R2, X, Sqaure, Circle, Right, Square, L1, L1, L1
Xbox 360: B, LB, Y, RT, A, X, B, Right, X, LB, LB, LB
I'm just looking forward to a Breaking Bad style DLC, they have everything they need to do it.

My brother started the story again and made 1.4 billion dollars for each character... those Lester missions are great.
@ ATC

That is brilliant
-
(ColeusRattus) DELETED by ColeusRattus
Online is up!
European servers coming up at 12:00 GMT apparently, patch itself is already live though.
trust me, its going to take awhile till it will be consistent, i have been trying for the last 35 mins to get online with no avial.
As predicted, the servers are ****ed, you can't even complete the single player tutorial mission that allows you access to the basic functions. Which by the way is complete bullshit, I've completed two saves on over 75%, I think I know how to drive a car.

I was expecting this, but Rockstar could have made it much easier on themselves by staggering the launch, maybe making it midnight release in each time zone so that the load was spread out. Also perhaps checking your single player save, and assuming you know the basic functions if you've completed the game.

I'm going to leave it until tonight before trying again.
Too many people trying to log in at once, I reckon it will take quite a few days before you can get any decent online time, oh well.
It's a good thing we have a PC version with dedicated servers so we don't have to rely on the developers insufficient servers and P2P connections between players.

Oh wait.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :Has anyone figured out how to set up a private free-roam yet? I can't find an option for it. There is a "passive mode" which stops players from attacking you and vice versa but I was killed by a random player even though I was in passive mode... Really want to just set up my own free-roam session with some friends.

yeah I think we are probably a few weeks away from that.
There's an option in the online bit of the menu, you can create an invite only server, a server populated with just your friends, or one with just your crew. Obviously none of that works properly right now.

Slightly pissed off that Collectors Edition doesn't get you priority access, if you pay for a first class ticket you don't expect to be behind all the 12 year olds and screaming kids.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Some news about pc release? I saw so much info's on net that i can not figure out what is true . Maybe you are properly informed about this.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG