The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from Stiggie :Console port, oh gawd..

But it looks great, and having more freedom is a great thing!
I'm assuming there's no information about a release date yet, or did I miss that?

No release date yet but from the trailer it looks pretty complete

Edit- Apparently the new protagonist is Tommy Vercetti
Quote from kirmy :for xbox 360?

yea and boxed pc (also maybe i was exaggerating a little )
Wasn't mindblowned, but it's a must buy.
It looked fabulous on graphics, but I don't know if I'd like it. They didn't really show much of the game.
Seems much more awesome than 4!
I loved SA (except the story and CJ, made me feel racist) and it came back, without black gangstas!
>much better optimized than GTA 4.
DO WANT
Awsome.
Quote from KiRmelius :Seems much more awesome than 4!
I loved SA (except the story and CJ, made me feel racist) and it came back, without black gangstas!

I saw plenty of black thugs.
Trailer's voice is white skinned human's, and he is robbing a bank yeah, but who was that random latino? Then there was a guy who sat on Ferrari and then he escaped from a chopper.

Anyways, I'm waiting for a great game definetely.
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
OHHH MYYYY! It's fantastic! Can you feel that wonderful atmosphere, can you? There will be planes, long trucks, great physics, amazing graphics and more and more. Rockstar, F*CK YEAH!

And graphics... they are so clear and smooth! Remember the times when GTA IV went out in total blur and dirt.
Quote from kirmy :mount chiliad looks amazing

The woods look good but the fact that the mountains appear to be completely desolate halfway up suggests that these mountains are, in fact, the edge of the map.

Either that or they are like the mountains in BF3, where they look huge but then you walk up them and realize the are only a few stories high.
I just really hope it'll be available for PC right from the launch. Doubt it though.
I wish they'd pick another setting, why use the same towns over and over? The old top-down GTA did London in the '60s but I suppose that's not going to appeal to a broad enough audience for the sort of money they're spending now.

Big budgets make games suck.
Imo, SA was by far the greatest of them all. You could to about anything you could think off... even the most utterly pointless stuff. That's the thing that made GTA IV "okay" but missing out way to much. I'm glad they chose this! Also the movements of the people look way different now.
I can see myself jumping down from that mountain and enjoying the euphoria engine
Quote from thisnameistaken :i wish they'd pick another setting, why use the same towns over and over? The old top-down gta did london in the '60s but i suppose that's not going to appeal to a broad enough audience for the sort of money they're spending now.

bla bla bla
looks amazing! It looks like they learned a lot about optimization and scenery from RDR.
I hope we'll be seeing some gameplay videos soon but I don't remember there being a lot of those before GTA IV came out.

I noticed the sports car suspension looked tighter like it was connected to the road instead of to jelly.

*I am going to drive a bus through that hobo camp.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I wish they'd pick another setting, why use the same towns over and over? The old top-down GTA did London in the '60s but I suppose that's not going to appeal to a broad enough audience for the sort of money they're spending now.

Agree, i was secretly hoping for Hawaii, which was speculated earlier, or something in Europe, like Prague.

But you figure out, that probably:
1) In California area, there's still loads of potential to beat out, on RAGE engine it's a challenge to make whole San Andreas work and look good, the open nature has so many possibilities, i can imagine we're having something great coming towards us. Original San Andreas was probably only alpha, in retrospective.
2) Most of Rockstar team are from America (i guess), so they know their country and habits better -> lulz and jokes. Studying new country and their mentality, to make it into usual GTA quality takes some research -> FU gamers, we want cheezburgers and money, no more hard work.

Can't wait already though. Shall i buy PS3 or upgrade my ancient PC?
Quote from Matrixi :
[/CENTER]649547]I just really hope it'll be available for PC right from the launch. Doubt it though.

Already confirmed Ported by Rockstar Leeds, trailer looks to be from pc version tbh :S
Where's it confirmed? Can't atleast see anything official except for what the trailer shows..
Confirmed? By who, 4chan?

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG