The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea... you do realize that's actually not realistic at all... right?

But apart from that one slip up (which should never have made it past beta-testing really), they've got the game absolutely authentic to reality.

Quote from Crashgate3 :they've got the game absolutely authentic to reality.

Gotta be sarcasm but detector not functionz
My version
also listen to people when they are in the bathroom/toilet....
Completed the main story with $30 million, then did the assassination missions and followed the accompanying stock tips...

$250 million per character.
Quote from Rappa Z :Completed the main story with $30 million, then did the assassination missions and followed the accompanying stock tips...

$250 million per character.

How the f you got 30 million? I only got 11 million per character at the end.
I used cheap crew members. You'd be surprised how much money they eat up.

Slight spoilers:
So the final score is $200 million, right? 1% of that is $2 million. That means the difference between a 14% payout for a gunmen and a 8% payout for a gunmen is $12 million. Really, when you think about it, some of the hired hands are getting paid more than you. The best way to save money is to use Richie Linkens, the hacker from LiveInvader, because if you used him in previous heists he ends up with maxed out hacking skills and only demands a 4% payout.
Then you invested all your money on those assassination missions?
Yep.
I swear these fckin mountain lions are ninjas. I cant survive 30 seconds in the woods without getting mauled out of nowhere. I hope there is some survival mode with them next week for gtao
aggressive animals will come up as red on the mini map, couple shots of a.pistol and.its an easy kill.
I'm wait get GTA V release on PC. But sad gta 5 is arcade. I will do Handling Editor make to Simulator or Semi-Sim Mod, it call Simcade mod?!
I can't understand the people still moaning about the driving physics and car deformation, etc... It's really not that bad, far from NFS/arcade physics. Last time i was driving my sports car with sticky tires in real life, it didn't slide around corners loosing grip like an old muscle car...

After getting used to the new physics, they are very enjoyable in my opinion and depending on the cars you drive they are still very similar to GTAIV (in fact, even better IMO).

Go find a bulldozer at the construction sites and run over a few cars... you'll see the car deformation is still very similar to GTAIV.
I think the physics fit the world very well. They're loose enough that driving over unknown territory is very doable. Which considering there's a lot of territory, That's a good thing.

The damage model is pretty impressive sometimes. Suspension caving in and such.

It's a great game. Somuch fun.
Quote from jibber :I can't understand the people still moaning about the driving physics and car deformation, etc... It's really not that bad, far from NFS/arcade physics. Last time i was driving my sports car with sticky tires in real life, it didn't slide around corners loosing grip like an old muscle car...

After getting used to the new physics, they are very enjoyable in my opinion and depending on the cars you drive they are still very similar to GTAIV (in fact, even better IMO).

Go find a bulldozer at the construction sites and run over a few cars... you'll see the car deformation is still very similar to GTAIV.

Yeah it's a lot of fun still. The bikes are a let-down, though.

I feel as though they tweaked the bikes to make some of the bike missions doable. There are some intense ones and without the on-rails grip and easy landings and stupidly good brakes, they would be very very hard indeed. So they kept making them easier and easier to control until the missions were not so difficult that the worst player couldn't complete them, and unfortunately basically made them awful in so doing.
I consider the low framerate and high input lag to be worse regarding car handling than the nervous physics themself. Also the forced massive deadzone on any third party gamepads on the PS3 sure took time to get used to.

Finished the main story couple days ago, happy with the ending I chose. Think I'll wait for the PC version before doing much else really, the overall experience is just going to be so much better on it.
I'm not so sensitive to low frame rates perhaps? Or i'm used to it since i only play console games since many years now? I didn't have any issues with low frame rate so far (35% into the story)... for sure it's not super smooth like 60fps or something similar, but it plays perfectly fine here (xbox).
I'd say stable 30 FPS to be an absolute minimum playable framerate on current consoles, as 60 is simply out of the question with the age of the hardware. However in GTA, the framerate drops even way below 20 in busy streets, that makes driving fast between two stopped cars at traffic lights a pain in the ass. Input lag also increases the lower the framerate is, even beyond 200 milliseconds, that is plainly rubbish.

Once you get used to anti-aliased 1080p (or 1600p for that matter) running at a solid 60 FPS, playing something aliased to hell at 720p and stuttering below 20 FPS is plainly a bad experience.

Digital Foundry made a good framerate video of GTA V, though they didn't take any samples in busy city traffic.
Quote from Mustafur :aggressive animals will come up as red on the mini map, couple shots of a.pistol and.its an easy kill.

Lion's don't, but sharks yeah. As for FPS. It is low, but not noticable until you play something like MW3. Forza 4 didn't seem different, but when i put in MW3, it was a mind****.
Scripted traffic is annoying a fuk though. Having cars park in the middle of an intersection just to **** with you is really annoying.
I swear they didn't just script the traffic for chase scenes/missions either. Sometimes it seems like regular A to B driving during the missions is even scripted.
Quote from Rappa Z :I swear they didn't just script the traffic for chase scenes/missions either. Sometimes it seems like regular A to B driving during the missions is even scripted.

Yea, that's what I'm saying. Even when just free driving around the map you get it all the damn time.

Open world, yet AI drivers join forces to hinder your momentum. trollface
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Lion's don't, but sharks yeah. As for FPS. It is low, but not noticable until you play something like MW3. Forza 4 didn't seem different, but when i put in MW3, it was a mind****.

They do, I have experinced it already first hand, you usually get around 7 seconds.warning.
Anyone else suffering with this problem? Same cars keep spawning, no matter what I do. Tried jumping in to all different cars that roam around, drive around the island... no luck. Same thing was happening in GTA 4 back in the day, but it wasn't anywhere near this bad. Only really noticed it after beating the missions.

Haven't had that.

Annoying thing is how sometimes pedestrians will disappear when you turn your back :/

One day GTA or some other game will have a real living and breathing city using agents

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG