The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except the best part of EFLC was the car physics!

Fixed for you.

EFLC tweaked the physics and made the bikes handle better though.

I'd rather have a IV/EFLC-type physics system WITHOUT a silly arbitary limit that dictates how a car turns. If I'm going 100 and turn left, I don't want the car to magically slide left around a corner because I maxed out a skill.

I want the car to react how it should according to the forces acting on it.

EDIT: No the best bit of IV was the random screwing around with friends on MP on a voice chat program. The fun that can be had
The physics were not that different, and certainly not 'crap' by any means in the vanilla game IMO.

I hope GTA V will keep some of the, what I think, realistic handling whilst keeping it fun. I think GTAIV did that spot on. But like I said, GTA V seems to be a more fast-paced game, so I doubt it. I did see a lot of rehashed cars though. Seems like they got that concept from Gran Turismo.
Quote from Bose321 :The physics were not that different, and certainly not 'crap' by any means in the vanilla game IMO.

I hope GTA V will keep some of the, what I think, realistic handling whilst keeping it fun. I think GTAIV did that spot on. But like I said, GTA V seems to be a more fast-paced game, so I doubt it. I did see a lot of rehashed cars though. Seems like they got that concept from Gran Turismo.

Didn't say it was crap though, I said EFLC improved it. IV's vanilla physics were good...bikes aside mind, I have no idea what happened there, and TLAD fixed the bikes and TBOGT tweaked the whole physics set to make it better...

But in no way was IV's default physics crap howeer. It was good, it gave a sensation of driving a car as opposed to the PS2 games where it was like pushing a toy car around.
I gota massive boner! If they don't release this on PC i'm going to bomb the rockstar headquaters!
They probably will.. It's done in the same engine as GTA4. It'll just be delayed.
I agree that driving physics are the biggest question mark left by the gameplay trailer.
We didn't see much though, so its hard to say. Maybe the reason we didn't see much is that they're still being worked on? Notice that car crashes and damage were also an omission.

It looks damn impressive overall though. Especially the terrain.
Quote from farcar :I agree that driving physics are the biggest question mark left by the gameplay trailer.

Indeed, although from the looks of it i have a bad feeling about it.
Some scenes i would have expected the car to show at least a slight bit of oversteer, but i haven't seen any. Also they turn rather rapidly.
Rappa i thought that gif was showing fully simulated passive racism until I zoomed in I think we can agree that the physics have improved greatly!

The driving physics looked exactly like tbogt to me, paired with a really good driver.
Yea, I wanted to see if anyone would notice.
Quote from Rappa Z :Yea, I wanted to see if anyone would notice.

Lol you're on LFSForum, what do you think?
Quote from Bose321 :Lol you're on LFSForum, what do you think?

For everyone to comment on Franklin's butt.
See the weapon switch screen? Why is this still not happening...

Because the protagonist typically motions downward, towards his pants for large weapons. Like he's got an AK taped to his leg.
Quote from Keling :See the weapon switch screen? Why is this still not happening...

Because it's a game and being able to carry lots of weapons is fun.

If you're going to go down that route, why not have the protagonist bleed to death with the first bullet wound? Or spend the rest of the game in hospital paralysed from the neck down the first time you crash a car?
If i could just get a turkey named Gobbles then, then I'd be fine with that.
This is GTA. You probably can.
I really liked that they made the weapon switch like Red Dead. It's very intuitive to switch to a type of weapon and then a weapon in that type quickly, almost without looking after you're used to it. In RDR I was switching from the rifle to any other kind of weapon in much less than one second. Fluidity is something GTA games have always lacked, but other rockstar games have accomplished.

LA Noire kinda sucked at everything but we'll give them a pass for going out on a limb.
LA Noire wasn't focused on the action segments though. They were so unimportant that you could skip every single action sequence if you failed a few times.

I still loved LA Noire. Even free roam and looking at the city was so enjoyable.
Quote from Crashgate3 :...If you're going to go down that route, why not have the protagonist bleed to death with the first bullet wound? Or spend the rest of the game in hospital paralysed from the neck down the first time you crash a car?

That would be awesome, especially since you can now play with 3 characters. The one who crashed with the car is not available for X minutes/hours. Great idea man!
Sure, it is just a game, but I like to do in games what I can't do for real because I have no time/money/chance/is dangerous or ilegal to do it, not because is physically impossible.
What do u do in ur life than?

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG