The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
That'd be awesome.
Optical media had to die long time ago.

Quote from E.Reiljans :That'd be awesome.
Optical media had to die long time ago.

Not for everyone...

Plus, I always like to have the physical aspect of a game, it means something to me.
The day you can't buy any media in a physical form is going to be the day you don't "own" things that you "buy"
Quote from flymike91 :The day you can't buy any media in a physical form is going to be the day you don't "own" things that you "buy"

Have you ever read license agreements?
You don't own anything except for a piece of plastic anyways.
Quote from flymike91 :the day you can't buy any media in a physical form is going to be the day you don't "own" things that you "buy"

+1
Quote from E.Reiljans :Have you ever read license agreements?

I assume he means that. When you buy a physical copy you own the content etc. Sure, the game is not yours, but you still own something as you can hold it.
Quote from E.Reiljans :Have you ever read license agreements?

What else would you own apart from the media it was stored on? That's like saying if you buy a car you should get the rights to all the software it uses and all the blueprints and manufacturing process.
i will happily go full digital distribution, think about all the fuel that goes to transporting the goods, the cut in transport cost might one day benefit the customer as well.
Quote from JJ72 :i will happily go full digital distribution, think about all the fuel that goes to transporting the goods, the cut in transport cost might one day benefit the customer as well.

maybe, but they have a looooooooooong list of excuses as to why they may charge redonkulous rates for games.
The biggest problem with digital distribution for me is the load of additional and totally useless crap you need to install in order to be able to install and play the game.

But then again boxed games do the same thing so it's not really worse.

In my perfect world I'd either play the games on consoles (but can't due no mouse support) or just buy the game for pc and use a warez version to actually play it (not really a solution). Instead I've chosen not buy games. There are at least 5 to 10 games I seriously wanted to get in the last 2 years but decided against simply because the amount of crap and total spyware they want to install on my computer to "fight piracy". Like GTA4 and Bioshock just list 2.

I think digital distribution could have been awesome but when I look at it from privacy and computer safety perspective it's totally ****ed up. But then again leeching privacy details using every means possible is the norm in 2011. Maybe people have just got so used to it. I haven't...
Quote from S14 DRIFT ::sadbanana

13 stone isn't really fat to be honest especially if you're 6ft tall like I am.

And you guys call Americans fat? 6 foot isn't exactly tall over here, more average (almost short), so yes, 13 stone isn't too impressive. I'm 11 stone and 6ft myself, and I don't consider myself that skinny at all (I workout, but stomach isn't full of abs or completely flat).

Whatever, be proud of your 13 stone, that's still only 13 IQ for you.
...On the other hand I can see why they want to protect their property. Hundreds of real people put work into making a music album or a video game and most people act like it just appeared on the internet magically and should be free. But if you buy their work it should be yours to do with what you want short of giving it away or selling it to other people.

Just like people complain that facebook steals and sells personal info. First, when you knowingly post your age, current location, photographs, school, classes, occupation, interests, favorite artists, games, movies, books, etc etc on your profile its not exactly stealing when they aggregate that info and sell it to companies. Second, social networking is completely free yet puts you in instant and constant contact with everyone in the entire world who can connect to the internet (for better or worse). Anyone who has tried to buy server space or a physical server can tell you it's not free. Facebook has more than sixty thousand of them.

Back to GTA IM SO EXCITED BUT ITS GOING TO TAKE SOOO LONG!
You're all brushing over the fact you obtained your LFs license by digital purchase.

I don't have a problem with purchasing online but I'd rather purchase in a shop if it's a console game because it's unneccasary usage of HDD space.
that's why there's preloading.
Only problem with digital distribution is, that the people who are doing it are greedy ****s. Physical copies are cheaper (atleast over here) to buy, even though they cost more to make and distribute.

I also miss the old days when you actually got a proper manual with a game, and the big boxes they came in. I still have my Apache 2 manual, which is the size of a proper book and has 265 pages worth of reading.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :how long would an 8gb download take for us regular people who have less than 1mb/s internet? tbh i'd at least want to play the game the same day i bought it.

Use your calc. When i downloaded SA from Steam at brisk 230 kB/s, i had it done over night.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :how long would an 8gb download take for us regular people who have less than 1mb/s internet? tbh i'd at least want to play the game the same day i bought it.

According to speedtest.net, average internet speed = 41.55 mbit/s, so I have no idea what you're complaining about.
Quote from E.Reiljans :According to speedtest.net, average internet speed = 41.55 mbit/s, so I have no idea what you're complaining about.

It shows to me 9.21 Mb/s. Am I missing something? (those internet speed units are a mess to me :schwitz
Quote from Whiskey :It shows to me 9.21 Mb/s. Am I missing something? (those internet speed units are a mess to me :schwitz

Quote :And you guys call Americans fat? 6 foot isn't exactly tall over here

He meant Width
steam gives me consistent 800k downloads, no complaint here.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :tbh im a fan of buying a game and taking it straight home and playing it then and there is that not normal?

With you on that one, however it wasn't really that easy last time was it.

Install the game, install rockstar games social club, make a rgsc account, make a windows live account and log in to everything to start a singleplayer game.

No wonder the sales on the PC never came close to the xbox or ps3 sales.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :tbh im a fan of buying a game and taking it straight home and playing it then and there is that not normal?

i thought my internet was considered fast...

Australia/OZ's internet service is at least a decade behind the rest of the globe.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Another thing, if they are only going to make it download only for PC, surely the majority of people will just tpb it?

I don't get your reasoning.

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG