The online racing simulator
Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
Quote from Kid222 :Yeah, imo it's going to be just evolution of GTA4, taking possibilities of RAGE engine to the its limits and limits of the hardware at the same time.
Gotta admit, that those trees look a bit cheap though.

well, do u really look at the trees while chasing someone or while running from the police?
i surely not

i didnt even notice before i read ur post...gameplay is much more important to me than graphics...
It'll be as pretty as the Xbox 360 allows it to be and no more. Just like the last one.

To be honest I don't think it matters. The shadows were a bit distracting in the last one but the biggest problem is the clown car suspensions and they've been like that for the last 10 years of GTA so we can assume the platform isn't the problem.
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :well, do u really look at the trees while chasing someone or while running from the police?
i surely not

i didnt even notice before i read ur post...gameplay is much more important to me than graphics...

he's not saying anything about gameplay, is he? I don't catch trees when chasing someone as well, but then, after 30 hours of gameplay I might be just walking around in park and I would like to see more effort in (for example) trees in year 2013 or whenever is this gonna be released.

I didn't expect next gen too, but hopefully this is not going to be same rage engine as in GTA 4, because when you will start GTA 5 you are about to get that feeling which tells you you played this game for like 100 hours already.
What the hell do you guys expect? Its not like the devs can magically make the consoles more powerful... They are limited, so they have to make do with that they got. I am sure they are trying to push the maximum they can from the systems already.
I expect a huge fall for the consoles, PC to dominate the gaming world and Ferrari in my garage.
Quote from thisnameistaken :It'll be as pretty as the Xbox 360 allows it to be and no more. Just like the last one.

To be honest I don't think it matters. The shadows were a bit distracting in the last one but the biggest problem is the clown car suspensions and they've been like that for the last 10 years of GTA so we can assume the platform isn't the problem.

Atleast in GTA4 the cars HAD suspension. Not unlike every other where it's like driving on bricks.
I found the suspension pretty good compared to other games
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :well, do u really look at the trees while chasing someone or while running from the police?
i surely not

Mysho explained it for me.
It's just a minor thing anyway. They just could've picked better shot for a screen released after 8 months maybe. Making it this obvious is hard to take for a GTA fan, like me.
I'm more concerned about framerate than graphics. GTA IV was running around 30FPS at consoles (x), which I wouldn't call smooth.
Quote from Kid222 :Mysho explained it for me.
It's just a minor thing anyway. They just could've picked better shot for a screen released after 8 months maybe. Making it this obvious is hard to take for a GTA fan, like me.

i just pointed out the gameplay is more important for me...nothing else
im a huge gta fan as well, having played every part till i finally got sick of it (which took quite some time ).
imo gta 4 was (is) pretty decent graphics wise, and even for a new part i dont expect much of a improvement...what i expect are better physics, animations (crashes ect) and a better story, since this is the stuff that makes gta such a success.
I wonder if my AMD Athlon +3000 1.8 GHZ single-cored processor will run this. It had some problem running GTA4, but still playable(managed to go through all missions :P).
Quote from Sobis :I wonder if my AMD Athlon +3000 1.8 GHZ single-cored processor will run this. It had some problem running GTA4, but still playable(managed to go through all missions :P).

how did u manage that lol...i already had trouble with a 2.3 ghz quadcore D:
Quote from Kid222 :Rockstar took some time to publish those two.

A strange choice of screenshots, for sure. But geez there are some whiny little people yapping away in here.

The bottom line for me is that I've never played a GTA game I didn't love ('cept the first 2), and I have no doubt this will improve on GTAIV.

Can't wait.
Quote from farcar :A strange choice of screenshots, for sure. But geez there are some whiny little people yapping away in here.

The bottom line for me is that I've never played a GTA game I didn't love ('cept the first 2), and I have no doubt this will improve on GTAIV.

Can't wait.

I never got GTAIV (I was a little late to the current-gen console party and everyone was already wasted) but I'll probably pick this one up. I'm sure I'll have as much fun with it as i did with GTA3, VC and SA. And Saints Row 2 (but not 3, that was crap).
GTAIV is fun, mainly because of the physics engine. Gotta love the flying people when you use sidewalks as roads. Not to mention the great story. (IMHO)
I played it a few times on a friend's XBox... I enjoyed leaping through that archway at the top of a hill at a roundabout with bodies flying all around me. That was enjoyable.
Quote from MAGGOT :I enjoyed leaping through that archway at the top of a hill at a roundabout with bodies flying all around me. That was enjoyable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjmBjqroiRA&hd=1

Quote from Rockstar :our biggest open world game to date

So what they are saying here is that it's going to be even bigger than San Andreas
Quote from Crashgate3 :After watching that I stumbled on this ragdoll hilariousness with Drunk Mode:

Hehe. Why I love a good sandbox.

My main hope for GTAV is that they keep trying to make the game more realistic.

Realism in terms of physics; soft body cars, realistic car damage and handling. Character's momentum, ragdoll & animations. Getting shot in the foot makes you limp... And realistic objects that have realistig weight and penetration attributes. i.e trash cans, bottles and the like.

Also reaslism in terms of how the AI reacts to events. I hope they continue to improve things like traffic flow, what people do when attacked, when people see other people attacked etc. How the police work. Even traffic infringements. Pulled over for speeding? Bring it on, I say!

They're not going to be able to do all these things on the current gen of consoles obviously, but I hope that's what they're working towards.
I'd be devastated if Rockstar ever went the 'arcadey and over the top path'. We have Saints Row for that.
Cleaned up posts not related to GTA V itself & containing insults.
Quote :In a stunning move for the series, it appears that you will be able to drive vehicles this time.

Wow, in the previous games you weren't able to drive vehicles?

Those graphics looks awesome, the Cheeta I remember from Vice City had a little lower polygon count
Quote from Whiskey :Wow, in the previous games you weren't able to drive vehicles?

Lmao, that sounds like bullshit indeed.
Quote from Whiskey :Wow, in the previous games you weren't able to drive vehicles?

Either your sarcasm detector is broken or you have developed some sort of ultra sarcasm which is sarcastic to the sarcasm (or something)
Kind of the second. By those pictures the were several interesting things to point out, yet they say that sarcastic coment.
"Thanks for the love on today’s screens, all. More screens will be coming later this week." - Rockstar

Grand Theft Auto V
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG