The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
Yesterday was the first DWC race after the update. Any word on changes to the F1 physics? I remember DWC drivers complained about it three months ago, saying drifting on the limit had become uncatchable. Is the issue fixed/improved?

Quote from SKIDMARX from gtplanet :The FW31 feels much better now. Last season it's tyre model was a mess and it constantly had 4 wheel drifts that caused the car to understeer wide, this was most noticeable at tracks like Interlagos. It also had a limit at which you could drive, and if you crossed that limit the car would have some weird oversteer issues making the car unpredictable and giving it a horrible feel that wasn't nice to drive. It also prevented a lot of close racing as drivers didn't have the confidence in the car.

This season it feels a lot better so far and even in test sessions there have been some super happy drivers trying moves they wouldn't dare to do on the old tyre model.

Also the setups last season were completely un-realistic, whereas now they seem to have to be set up closer to how they would be in the real world.

On compounds:

Quote from Eric Hudec :
Quote from iR user :Is definitely there in this build but still not as evident as it was when I was modding, no doubt due to not having compound modeling yet.

The iRacing McLaren, for instance, uses tires with 60 parts hundred rubber (phr) filler, 15 phr oil and other compound soup elements. All of the other cars have different compound mixtures.

Quote from Eric Hudec :
Quote from iR user :Don't the tyres still loose grip with temperature at all time, optimum is at ambient which at best may be 40'C? Compound can't be right if optimum is that low, that's what I meant by compound modeling. From what you said, sounds like we do have some compound modeling already which creates more difference between the cars, great but what about optimum temperature?

Compounds effect the performance of the tires in many ways, obviously. However, from one tire to the next, even sometimes with drastic differences, the performance isn't wholly different. In the case of temperature performance, there are weaknesses in the tire code on members where the tires produce optimal grip offset from where they should. Dave has been and continues to work on that.

Can you quote more from Eric?
Got an league invite here the other day, and was wondering if it was sent from fellow lfs member(s)? Not on my pc now so canot check the name on the league invite.
Revolutionary Racing? It's from Matt.
Ahhh yeah that one thank you! What cars and tracks is in it and lastly, is iy fair abd square?
Quote from The Very End :Ahhh yeah that one thank you! What cars and tracks is in it and lastly, is iy fair abd square?

Quote from Mustangman759 :So here is our provisional schedule for the Caddy series. Races will be around 40 minutes long and we will likely limit fuel so that you have to stop in the pits once if needed.
1 - Daytona International Speedway Road Course - Night*
2 - Okayama International Full
3 - Summit Point Main Course
4 - Mazda Laguna Seca
5 - Indianapolis Road Course
6 - Lime Rock Park
7 - Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
8 - Road America Road Course
9 - Sonoma Cup Config
10 - Mid-Ohio Full Course
* = Rolling start

On your latter point, that's debatable.... :P
I gues the caddy is a car I do not have with the standard package? :/
Also seems like a lot of tracks I do not have..
Hrmpf..well, if I got to buy 1-3 cars and 1-3 tracks, what gives most back? Where do you find those big races with a lot of people?
Edit: lol last
caddy is standard, if you did the caddy promo you also got sonoma, mid ohio, and mosport (now canadien tire) free.
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Damn I just got demoted to class B in circle racing

LOL hush.

Also TVE, whats your name on iR?
Tor Ole Lerbaek (since the system does not support letters like Æ, Lerbæk is my real name)
Quote from carfetish :Yesterday was the first DWC race after the update. Any word on changes to the F1 physics? I remember DWC drivers complained about it three months ago, saying drifting on the limit had become uncatchable. Is the issue fixed/improved?

I couldnt tell the difference, when I had been driving the combo the day before and the day after the update. Others(some of the guys complaining before) on iRacing forum found it to be an improvement though. I guess it takes a couple of weeks for them to start complaining again, thats how it was last time atleast.
Why? The physics will still suck. The online environement won't be any better. Why bother resubbing when it won't change?
Imo it's not that bad physics, even tho some parts of it are completly bullshit (cars get launched to moon etc)
Mosport hill turn grass is perfect. Do a barrell roll
There's so many leagues going on aswell that there's too much to choose from, and by driving official series you get cash back to buy sub or content with which is excellent.
I had to laugh at Dustin winding everyone up in the iRacing forums. It is easy to do!

There is a bit of an uproar with the new UK & I region running with the English flag now. hehe BASTARDS!
For a product that THEY pay a fortune to access, nevermind the content.. they sure have a fanatic disposition towards it. It's like they need to mutually convince each other that iRacing is the best so that they can validate the thousands of dollars they've spent on subscriptions and content.
Thats the reason why I dont have all the content.
Regardless, you still are paying $10 a month. If you've subbed for the full 4 years, you've spent at least $500 on subscription costs alone.
I spent 50 dollars on a year long subscription. As it is i save that money on saturdays by not eating until dinner #lazy
I have no problem whatsoever to pay a few bucks month to race on laserscanned tracks and new cars that they release every 12 weeks, especially when I race 2-3 hours every day. It's the cost of one liter of milk pretty much.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :I have no problem whatsoever to pay a few bucks month to race on laserscanned tracks and new cars that they release every 12 weeks, especially when I race 2-3 hours every day. It's the cost of one liter of milk pretty much.

!showlazer
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Regardless, you still are paying $10 a month. If you've subbed for the full 4 years, you've spent at least $500 on subscription costs alone.

It depends how much you play it. If it gives enjoyment on a daily basis for the 4 years, $500 isnt really anything to think about imo, unless you're under 18 and living off your parents earnings. There isnt a right or wrong, its individual for different people depending on their interests. Theres no point to compare it to LFS for example, because LFS hasn't had a content update for what, over 4 years? You can bork at the cost but atleast in my situation, it's not something I ever think about. Also for example Ray, and others did in the past too write articles for inracing news which pays helps pay for itself. Like Teemu said if you drive a couple of hours a day, and it gives you enjoyment then thats worth it compared to other things you could do with that time. If you dont, then other games might be better in the future with AC and rF2.
!showlazer
Nooo, they replaced the old Impala with the Gen6 version in Carburetor Cup
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG