The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
Yeah... I recently got a new wheel, wanted to see if it felt any better, plus it's been over a year since I drove it last, so I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doupt. Only paid them for a month, as I was pretty confident it hadn't improved.

The physics had changed, but not improved. Graphics looked better than I remember, though. That is something, I guess.
You can polish and paint a turd as much as you want. It's still shit.
indeed.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Their iRacingService also collects data on your browsing history, and then threatens to send your browsing history of "HotGayDads" and "ChubbyGrandmas" to your family unless you resubscribe for 5 years.

So that's why you are so mad @ iracing? When does your 5 year sub run out?
Quote from Hyperactive :So that's why you are so mad @ iracing? When does your 5 year sub run out?

I just explained to my family that it was a phase of my life where I was experimental. I figured that was a much better fate than actually paying for 5 years of iRental.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Hilarious to see two guys who can barely be competitive in a game they played a game for a decade comment about competitiveness while racing in the lowest splits

I've played LFS competitively for all of 1year actually and when everyone else around you, even teh guys only a few tenths quicker have been playing it for something like 7+years I'd say to be even a second off top pace in a short space of a time was actually very commendable.

In regards to iRacing I don't give a shit. I'd rather spend hours of my time pulling my retina from my eye with a spoon.

SR is more luck based than anything else until you get out of anything below div2 and iRating means absolutely jack.

If I put time to iRacing, I could very well challenge some of iRacings 'best' drivers. I did TFR's V8S and CTS-V championship and was less than a second slower than my team-mate Rens Broekman, who lets not beat around the bush, is probably the best V8SC driver in iRacing and I didn't even practice for it that much.

You look at a guys results where he has managed to finish, not a mans iRating, to judge his ability.

The higher the iRating just means they're super quick in general or (which is mostly the case) they don't play any other GAME, never mind any other sim, and race one series in which they are comfortable, get into a decent split of guys that don't wreck and finish above their starting number.

iRacing is the silliest thing to put time into, because in 6months they change the tyre model in which the whole physic of the car changes, not just tyre behaviour. Also your qualy lap entails crawling out of the pits around the track at a about 2mph so you don't get +5c into your tyres or you get no grip.

Pls Teemu DO NOT MAKE ME CONTINUE!
iRating means a lot if it gets you into the sof race for the week
Being iRacing, I can only work out (from an abbreviation list) that it means "Statute of Frauds".
Yeah. Because it can't be Soldier of Fortune, can it?
I guess "Suckers of Fraud" would be fairly apt for iRentalers.
Blueflame please do continue, gives me a good daily dose of laughter reading your posts
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Blueflame please do continue, gives me a good daily dose of laughter reading your posts

But..... the pain....
Quote from Bose321 :Ironically that doesn't mean a thing to most of us here?

iRating is basically your prerequisite for what group you are placed in. If it's high enough you can race with people who are not half-wits.
Quote from Bmxtwins :iRating is basically your prerequisite for what group you are placed in. If it's high enough you can race with people who are not half-wits.

I find it hard to believe that anyone in iRacing isn't a half-wit. After all, they are paying gross sums of money for an arcade game, then proceed to call it a sim.
Quote from Bmxtwins :iRating is basically your prerequisite for what group you are placed in. If it's high enough you can race with people who are not half-wits.

That's like saying you're not playing with half-wits in LFS S2 compared to demo crashers and such.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I find it hard to believe that anyone in iRacing isn't a half-wit. After all, they are paying gross sums of money for an arcade game, then proceed to call it a sim.

are you bored of life?
Quote from StableX :are you bored of life?

No, because if I was bored of life I'd have killed myself by now.

And as I'm able to annoy you halfwits who pay for iExtort, I clearly haven't.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No, because if I was bored of life I'd have killed myself by now.

And as I'm able to annoy you halfwits who pay for iExtort, I clearly haven't.

you don't annoy me. I find it amusing that someone that is obviously talented at what they do in the business World, finds they have to belittle so many people that choose something you dislike as a hobby. You just seem to prefer to look stupid so people don't take you seriously, but hey, your choice!
Dustin, Why are you being a ****ing arse hole to people? Go and play your silly games in another ****ing thread.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I find it hard to believe that anyone in iRacing isn't a half-wit. After all, they are paying gross sums of money for an arcade game, then proceed to call it a sim.

Gross sums, I earn a months subscription in less than half an hours work, that's a really ridiculous amount of money.
Quote from AlienT. :Dustin, Why are you being a ****ing arse hole to people? Go and play your silly games in another ****ing thread.

Did I offend you by insulting your "divine sim" that you've been brainwashed into liking? For a product that you pay money for, you're quite defensive over it. You should instead be challenging them to make a "sim" that doesn't feel like Mario Kart. By praising it for sucking will not improve it as a "sim".
Dude, its a ****ing game. Some people play it for fun
Again, I've awoken the cult. I said a negative thing and the brainwashed masses swoop in to defend their god.
The same happens when people bash LFS.
Also it's a different saying "I am enjoying this game because it is fun" and a totally blinded fanboy or as you say "cult" people.

People play this, LFS or fukcknows because it is fun. The different financial models could be discussed, but I think - deep inside, you still agree that paying for a game that is beeing worked on all the time is bettre than forever waiting for the holy grail which will never come (tyre physics, S3).

So, I said it before, I say it again, please let people enjoy this game if they want, and stop trying to wind up people and spread bad mood.
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG