The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :Because hard = realism? No. If anything the sims that are closest to reality aren't hard to drive at all because the behaviour is exactly what you expect.

If iRacing > reality then you'd be spinning road cars out at 20mph on a roundabout and your car would jump around and the tyres would start squealing when you were sitting in your garage.

It seems like because people see the pro competition in iRacing that it is the best thing since sliced bread. To be honest, I wouldn't wanna waste my time with a game they keep tailoring more and more to arcade racers with stupid stuff like supporting mouse steering.

I never claimed it to be hard because it's realistic, I just said it's not the easeist sim to drive.

Competition is one of the reasons people move over, we're human beings, we get tired of the same over and over again and want a new challenge. Another reason is because the content is very interesting new stuff being added all the time. The physics, if you have just a bit of determination and some sort of talen, you can adapt to.

By adding mouse and other controls they can reach a broader group of people, what's so wrong in that.
For something that's supposed to be "über sim", which they were pricks initially about including non-wheel support because "nobody drives a car with something other than a wheel".. now they're backtracking is a really good indication that they're watering it down and reducing quality.
Companys adapt to what customers want, have you no idea of how the world works?
I know full well how the world works, but when you're billing yourself as a hardcore racing simulator, which in the past they have said that they were only supporting wheels, citing realism as a reason... and now they've backtracked on that for being more mass market shows that the quality of the "sim" is degrading.
Actually iRacing added mouse and touch support so that you can click/select UI elements while in car, so if you've already done that then it's not much work to add native mouse/touch controls. You've been able to use gamepads since 2009 and if you really wanted to I'm sure you could also use a mouse with joy2key or whatever it is.
Did you get beaten by someone using an ipad as a controller or something?
I still won't be surprised if next build they release keyboard steering.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I still won't be surprised if next build they release keyboard steering.

Yeah, and $5 for repairs etc... You're a stuck record.
iRacing is a stuck record, although I agree with Teemu's point of view actually.
They try to make money with their simulator. It's why if you play iRacing you get updates, wheras LFS have far less resources, and thus you are stuck with the same content for 4-5 years. It's just basic business knowledge. Positives and negatives of both approaches, LFS you can get v. good value for money, fun racing and atleast it can sometimes be a small friendly community. However after a while if you want to play it every day, or are competitively driven like myself, it can become boring and a sim like iRacing can better suite your needs.
Quote from DeKo :Yeah, and $5 for repairs etc...

I'll be telling everyone "I told you so" when it happens.
lol
Quote from The Very End :
Are there many people driving the fixed Indy serie(s), and are they all god damn pro's or are there some people around...well let's face it, level 0 as me?

Its not very popular, actually very very low participation. Also I'm Joe Junior, on iR, but I guess you already figured that out.

Damn why is not a fixed serie more popular? The fixed series (I guess the name "fixed" comes from fixed setup right?) proves great racing! At least for mazda cup that is
Quote from The Very End :Superb, thanks!
Are there many people driving the fixed Indy serie(s), and are they all god damn pro's or are there some people around...well let's face it, level 0 as me?

Fixed oval usually splits and has a range of drivers from very good to very bad! The fixed road and open series rarely get a race.
Quote from jrd.racer :Its not very popular, actually very very low participation. Also I'm Joe Junior, on iR, but I guess you already figured that out.

Yea, id just suggest getting the silverado. But if u get indy car let me know
Indycar oval fixed is wildly popular when its either at Indy or Michigan
Got an e-mail claiming that every issue with UK&I will be fixed in the maintenance today. Somehow, I absolutely doubt it.
I just got an email from paypal saying id succesfully renewed my subs..

1. I didnt think that paypal could auto renew
2. Why has it done it in the first place when it never did it before!

How do i get a refund?
Quote from R3DMAN :I just got an email from paypal saying id succesfully renewed my subs..

1. I didnt think that paypal could auto renew
2. Why has it done it in the first place when it never did it before!

How do i get a refund?

Check in your account details that the auto renew thing isn't checked.
The autorenew thing was activated for me when I made an account, so seems as it is standard from 2013 at least. Dunno how it was before.

But I am surprised paypal could autorenew stuff, though you had to confirm it first? Every payment I mean.
Quote from The Very End :The autorenew thing was activated for me when I made an account, so seems as it is standard from 2013 at least. Dunno how it was before.

But I am surprised paypal could autorenew stuff, though you had to confirm it first? Every payment I mean.

Thats exactly why i chose to pay via paypal.
PayPal does have subscription features and has for a while. iRental are douchebags for auto-enabling auto-renew in the first place considering that only brain damaged people would actually use auto-renew intentionally after a sub expired.

Intelligent people would know not to resub again.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :
Intelligent people would know not to resub again.

While we're sorry you have been seemingly anally penetrated by something or other, we get what you are trying to say. No need to repeat yourself.
Go browse a different topic if you want, maybe you'll like that one! ;d
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG