The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
Quote from R3DMAN :so 24" monitor.. what should i use?

Depends on the distance from your eyes to the screen?

iRacing sets this up automatically if you insert the screen size and viewing distance, works great.
With a single small-ish screen at a "normal" distance it's gonna feel like binocular vision, especially in the beginning. But once you get used to it, there's no way you're going back!
i put it on 75 and i sit about 18" away from the screen.

seems to work ok
Quote :i put it on 75 and i sit about 18" away from the screen.

Correct FOV for you would be around 66 degrees.
I have a 32" monitor, and I use 90 of FOV in LFS... and I think it's okay.
It's wrong, but that's all right. As long as you enjoy it.
I gotta admit i do prefer 75 opposed to 85 but 65 was just a little too zoomed in, i felt 75 just right.
Yeah, a correct FOV often reveal shortcomings in your display setup....
Quote from boothy :

Your last races were in the McLaren which has the best damage model out there when it comes small bumps, troll harder next time.

Touchy fan boy or what? Jeez...
You can't say bad things about the divine simulator. If you say bad things about the divine simulator, you will be smited by the gods for your sins.

If you say good things about the divine simulator, you go to heaven (at the cost of $300,000 a year for a race every 4 hours).
There's a difference with criticizing, and talking out of your ass, which your latest post proves ever so good
Oh whoops, I made fun of the divine simulator, now the thousands of followers will come to tell me that I'm wrong and try to convert me to their cult.

Cult is probably the best word to describe iRacing fans. They're brainwashed into thinking it's any good.
Bored of Dustin now

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Oh whoops, I made fun of the divine simulator, now the thousands of followers will come to tell me that I'm wrong and try to convert me to their cult.

Cult is probably the best word to describe iRacing fans. They're brainwashed into thinking it's any good.

I actually think that iRacing's business model is uttercrap. That's why I just do paints and write for inRacingNews rather than paying for stuff
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'd get bored too after requiring hours between races.

If you manage NOT to crash out of your race on lap one, by the time your race ends there is usually 10 minutes before the start of the next one of the same series.

If you do crash out of your race there is a race EVERY 15 minutes in various series of the same discipline.
You say "If you manage" like it's a rare occurrence that someone doesn't crash everyone in lap 1.
Shall we all just agree on ignoring this guy from now on? It's getting really old and boring.
:dnfnoob: :noob:
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Shall we all just agree on ignoring this guy from now on? It's getting really old and boring.

I agree, considering even the americans can not wreck in t1 every race it must just be him. Afterall he was the pace of the field at lfscart the other day
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You say "If you manage" like it's a rare occurrence that someone doesn't crash everyone in lap 1.

Quote from Mustangman759 :I agree, considering even the americans can not wreck in t1 every race it must just be him. Afterall he was the pace of the field at lfscart the other day

Quote from Bmxtwins :

How cute, the two of you posted at the exact same time. Did you guys coordinate it? Hold each others hands as you clicked the mouse button in sync?

@Matt: At least I finished without any incident.
ignore button just made the threads cleaner
It's more like a cult every day "Wait, someone's telling me my divine thing isn't so divine.. lets just ignore them lulz".

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. Until you wake up and your bank account is empty from iRental charges.
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG