The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
#577 - CSF
As soon as driver swaps? As soon as the sciiroockoooo from early 2009?
Quote from CSF :As soon as driver swaps? As soon as the sciiroockoooo from early 2009?

They are working much faster.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Poor Dustin, soon he wont even get out of the pitlane without crashing and getting stuck in barriers

I actually won't get out of pitlane because I'm not retarded enough to resubscribe to iRental.

Ever.
While the rest of us are having great regular racing, you can carry on running about in an LFS server yourself.
Quote from CSF :As soon as driver swaps? As soon as the sciiroockoooo from early 2009?

Quote :Should be able to tell you in a few weeks if a solid chance of being in next build or not.

I'm guessing not as long as scirocco
Quote from JackDaMaster :Doesn't this kinda defeat the purpose of dynamic weather

Completely separate project that has nothing dynamic about it.
Quote from DeKo :While the rest of us are having great regular racing, you can carry on running about in an LFS server yourself.

At least I won't need to wait 6 hours between races.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :At least I won't need to wait 6 hours between races.

Neither do I, weirdly enough. never need to wait more than 2 hours max, usually much less. Currently, I'm doing the 45 minute GTC races at odd hours, then Fixed Proto/GT races at even hours. Basically, I'm finishing a race and another one is already starting. If I wanted to, I could run the fixed trucks every hour, or the A class G6 races every 2 hours. Maximum waiting time between races is 4 hours, and that's only on series where it's very unlikely to get an official race most of the time anyway, like the L79.

It helps to know what you're talking about before you starting coming out with bullshit .
See.. that's ridiculous. My average gaming time is only a few hours every night. Doing 1, MAYBE 2, race(s) per evening is unacceptable.

Especially with garbage physics.
you realize the races don't take 5 minutes right?
Yeah, so when you inevitably get punted off by someone who can't drive (and last name rhymes with Dingsbury).. you get EXTRA long to wait until you can drive again.

It seems so irresistible. Get wrecked in T1 and wait 2 hours instead of 10 minutes! How haven't I resubscribed.

Oh right, I have a brain. That's why I haven't resubscribed.
Don't joke Dustin, you can't even keep it on the track for 1 corner without spinning off and getting stuck in a barrier
Well I do usually struggle with arcade physics as they bare no semblance to real life.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well I do usually struggle with arcade physics as they bare no semblance to real life.

Your game collection must be unbelievably boring if you care that much about 100% accurate physics. Remember LFS had elastic barriers for years?
Yeah, but I didn't make a habit of crashing.

When EVERYTHING is flawed as it is in iracing.. Hard to deal with it or even avoid the shitty physics without just avoiding the whole game (not sim).
What really bugs me the most is the damage model. As I'm the unluckiest dude in iR, I always get pushed off the track, or simply raped from behind. I would not really care if I lost some positions, but... I get slightly pushed by the driver behind me and obviously it would only be a bent bumper IRL. Not here, guess what, my steering goes off all the time. I mean, what the hell, the front axis was nowhere near the damage zone. I cba spending 4-5 minutes in the pits, my race has been ruined anyway. My iRating is a joke thanks to these accidents, and for some reason I do care about these numbers. I'm not a total noob, I should be somewhere around 3800-4000. I'm not saying I don't make mistakes because I do, but I get crashed by others way too much. I've tried working myself up iRating wise, but there comes another crash and I'm back where I was 5-10 races ago. So yeah I gave up as well...
My iRating was over 4000 at the start of the season but I've lost 500 since then. Do you know what it did to which split I was put in? Bugger all.

Your last races were in the McLaren which has the best damage model out there when it comes small bumps, troll harder next time.
I'm not trolling. It happened quite a few times... a tiny scratch and it's undriveable. The McLaren itself is nice to drive though.
Quote from boothy :My iRating was over 4000 at the start of the season but I've lost 500 since then. Do you know what it did to which split I was put in? Bugger all.

Your last races were in the McLaren which has the best damage model out there when it comes small bumps, troll harder next time.

P/GT and GTC is a pain in the arse having an irating about 4000, and makes absolutely 0 difference. It takes 4 or 5 wins in a row to gain another 100 (depending on SOF obviously) then 1 bad race loses 150 at a time.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yeah, so when you inevitably get punted off by someone who can't drive (and last name rhymes with Dingsbury).. you get EXTRA long to wait until you can drive again.

It seems so irresistible. Get wrecked in T1 and wait 2 hours instead of 10 minutes! How haven't I resubscribed.

Oh right, I have a brain. That's why I haven't resubscribed.

Well if you spent the amount of time you do complaining, driving then you would be able to do an extra race. Also, in most series races are every hour... and I do not race the road courses, so no need to worry about me.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It seems so irresistible. Get wrecked in T1 and wait 2 hours instead of 10 minutes! How haven't I resubscribed.

I haven't been wrecked in T1 for 3-4 years...
Wouldn't it be perfect for you? No possible way to spin a car multiple times per lap.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :What really bugs me the most is the damage model. As I'm the unluckiest dude in iR, I always get pushed off the track, or simply raped from behind. I would not really care if I lost some positions, but... I get slightly pushed by the driver behind me and obviously it would only be a bent bumper IRL. Not here, guess what, my steering goes off all the time. I mean, what the hell, the front axis was nowhere near the damage zone. I cba spending 4-5 minutes in the pits, my race has been ruined anyway. My iRating is a joke thanks to these accidents, and for some reason I do care about these numbers. I'm not a total noob, I should be somewhere around 3800-4000. I'm not saying I don't make mistakes because I do, but I get crashed by others way too much. I've tried working myself up iRating wise, but there comes another crash and I'm back where I was 5-10 races ago. So yeah I gave up as well...

Quote from boothy :My iRating was over 4000 at the start of the season but I've lost 500 since then. Do you know what it did to which split I was put in? Bugger all.

Again.. I find it really funny. iRental people get so defensive when you have real problems with the sim. They say you're trolling or that you're doing it wrong.

So defensive.
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG