The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
so... what sim should I pick? (besides the aging lfs). Pcars asseto corsa ?
Quote from Hyperactive :Personally I've pretty much totally given up with iracing and after my sub runs out I'll never give them 1 cent more. After 5 years they are still not offering the most basic kind of wheel support. How they are still claiming to be a sim while forcing you to deal with steering unlinearity and speed sensitiveness you can not turn off is just plain ignorant and stupid beyond redonkulous at this point.

Even consoles offer incredibly better support in this regard and if assetto corsa is even nearly as good it looks now when it is released I'll get some 1k€ equipment and totally forget I've spend some comparable sums into this halfassed piece of disappoitment...

Like you can change that IRL
Quote from spyshagg :so... what sim should I pick? (besides the aging lfs). Pcars asseto corsa ?

Grand Prix 4
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :Like you can change that IRL

So real cars have speed sensitive steering and unlinear but adjustable steering ratio?
The steering isn't linear? Since when? Mine is set up at 900 and then not touched, has always been absolutely linear for me (at least the virtual wheel has always matched my physical wheel). Is it only when you short calibrate your wheel?
For those interested in discounts:

Quote :Should be in the build next week, here are the details.

Additions to iRacing Volume Discount Program in latest build – April 2013

Are you interested in a new car or track? Take advantage of these great volume discount options!
iRacing has added two new content volume discounts, one for oval racers and one for road racers. Both new discount programs are at 25% each. In addition, iRacing increased the “All Content Discount” from 25% to 30%. The other discounts remain intact and unchanged.

In regard to the two new programs, you need to own every oval car OR every road car, plus any 25 paid tracks to get the 25% discount. Cars are now labeled (as of the build) as road or oval cars in the car section of the member site. The Indy car will count as both a road and oval car. The additional good news that might not be obvious is once you own all the oval cars and any 25 tracks, if you buy a road car or an additional track, you will get the 25% discount as well for example and vice versa.

We hope this makes the content more affordable in the long run and our previous highest discount of 25%, more attainable to more members. Also this makes more sense to those who only focus on either road or oval racing.

• 10% General Discount: License any three to five pieces of content (cars/tracks) at once and receive 10% off the total.

• 20% General Discount: License any six or more pieces of content (cars/tracks) at once and receive 15% off the total.

• New! 25% Oval Discount: License all oval cars and any 25 non-free tracks and receive a 25% discount. For example if you own 20 tracks and all but two oval cars if you license 5 more tracks and the last two oval cars, a 25% discount will be applied at check out. As long as you continue to own all oval cars and any 25 tracks the discount will always apply at checkout, even if you are buying a road car!

• New! 25% Road Discount: License/buy all Road cars and any 25 non-free tracks and receive a 25% discount. For example if you own 20 tracks and all but two road cars if you license 5 more tracks and the last two road cars, a 25% discount will be applied at check out. As long as you continue to own all road cars and any 25 tracks the discount will always apply at checkout, even if you are buying an oval car!

• New increased discount! 30% License All Content Discount: License all content or all remaining content and receive 30% off the total. Affectionately known as the 100% club by our members.

All discounts are automatically calculated at checkout. This offer may not be combined with any other discount or promotion.

So I can get cheaper content. Can I transfer that content to a sim without useless tyre physics?
Quote from DeKo :The steering isn't linear? Since when? Mine is set up at 900 and then not touched, has always been absolutely linear for me

This ^ 900 in windows and 900 ingame = perfectly linear for me.
Quote from DeKo :The steering isn't linear? Since when? Mine is set up at 900 and then not touched, has always been absolutely linear for me (at least the virtual wheel has always matched my physical wheel). Is it only when you short calibrate your wheel?

If you have 900 degree steering wheel...
if you have a wheel that turns less than 900 degrees, you can 'trick' the linearity ingame...

when I had a momo that turned 270º, on the configurator of the wheel ingame, when he asks you to turn 90º to recognize how much degrees your wheel turn, I used to turn like 45º (so it thinks my wheel turns 540º) that way the wheel is more linear, but not completely, all other games/simulators I race with 100% linear steering, but on iRacing it get too sensitive in the middle, but with the 'original' linearity it's crappy too, so using this trick I raced a lot better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsjGS8m35Kw
Yeah I think Roland had the same problem since he uses MOMO, I gave him this tip, maybe he can tell if it hepled, Roland?

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Meh, I guess my wheel settings are crap, just doesn't feel right even if I run that configurator. I'm 1.2sec slower @ Laguna with the Stang than 1+ year ago. I have a crappy MOMO Racing with 240° rotation and I couldn't find anything on the iR forums how to set it up correctly. The "worst" wheel people are using is a G25.

Lock to lock range: 240°
Limit lock to lock range: 360° - set by the configurator, but later I tried 540 and 900. I have no idea what this is.

When turning the wheel like ~ 45° almost nothing happens, while at ~ 60-90° it turns like mad. So it's not linear at all.

Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :It does that for you guys because the wheel is set to 360 in windows, so when it asks you to put the wheel 90 degrees to the left, it goes all the way to 360 even though you only have 280 on the wheel.

What you could do is,

a) Put it to 280 in windows (I don't remember if that is possible with MOMO but should be since logitech?)

b) When it ask's you to put it 90 degrees to the left - put the wheel in the position where the value on that screen says 280 and lock it there, don't worry about putting it exactly to 90°. That should give you a more accurate wheel responsiveness.

thanks
what's the point of racing on iRacing? Wait an hour... then some dick crashes right in front of you and you get ****ed over.
Then you use the wheel to avoid the crash infront, simple.
#290 - 65D
Side by side with ^
Joonas is that you?
well, the GT came for an overtake and the faster car just punts him down the corner... Nim's response was ford gt at fault, or racing incident?
Quote from DeKo :After 7 years my good old G25 shifter has finally died...

you know i overhauled mine after it started dropping out while in 1st gear (e.g. at race starts lol) and shifting into 6th by itself while in 4th. just taking it apart and cleaning it made everything 100% again. (reassembly was a bit tricky)

for what it's worth...
Submits protest for intentional wrecking under caution. Declared racing incident. UwutNim?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Submits protest for intentional wrecking under caution. Declared racing incident. UwutNim?

No way that's a racing incident. The Ford was fighting for position and started an overtake, while the HPD just raped it, even though he had enough time to slow down and wait... He even kept pushing after the first "touch". It's not a disaster being held up in 2 turns, he could've passed easily in the long back straight... I hate these higher class idiots who think everyone should GTFO because they're in the faster car... It's clearly the HPD's fault.
There is alot of GT drivers that throw blocks on HPD drivers to prove a point that the HPD doesn't have a god given right to pass though. HPD drivers may seem impatient but alot of GT drivers are basically just the other end of the retard scale anyway.

Although that's obviously not the case here.
I've personally never seen that blueflame. A few times if I'm coming up to lap a GT they will position their car in such a way that I know they don't want me to pass on that particular corner, which is absolutely fine. HPD has enough speed to hang back a little and take them on exit anyway.

I keep hearing about all these issue between GT and HPD but really I've never had any, as far as I know I've never hit a GT in any of my races so I must be doing something right. Always try my best to be as courteous as possible, maybe lose a couple of seconds but so be it.

That particular video is Rich Sobolewski in the Ford GT, he's one of the best I've found, so to put any blame on him for that incident is a joke.
No, Dick Sobby is a good driver, and quick too.

My feelings are that GT drivers seem to think that the HPD just interfere with their race and that they have no bearing on the result of the HPD race.

It's give and take if as a HPD driver I'm expected to lift off for a corner, then I would expect them to brake early or go off line in the braking to let me through.
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG