The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
Quote from IsaacPrice :rating LFS higher than iRacing just makes you retarded, everyone can have an opinion but, wow thats a bit of an oddball 1.

How so? LFS has alot more less active drivers.

Law of averages tells you if you have a shit ton of drivers you're going to be able to fill a grid or two of top quality drivers.

The fact LFS has substantially less active drivers says alot about the level of skill to be honest.

Sure, it's been around for a while, but like I said before, if you have the ability you have it, time is just how long it takes to get to your optimum ability through experience.
So are you saying there are relatively more top-class drivers in LFS? If so you didn't really word it properly.

Also, who cares? If I make a sim and it gets three active drivers, who all happen to be the best in the world, does that make my sim the most competitive? Relatively more skilled drivers =/= the most competitive sim.

iRacing has 40-50 drivers who can drive the absolute pants off of any car on the road side of things, and the level of competition is increasing at the top: some of the drivers which were previously considered to be top-10 runners now have to fight to even make it to the starting grid of a WDC race.

That's not possible in LFS, ergo the level of competition is higher in iRacing and top drivers will find a tougher challenger there.
Well there's too aspects of competitiveness, there's the level of skill and the reletivity of ability.

A competitive series may be considered competitive because of the close racing, another series may be considered competitive because of the level of skill needed to compete.
What happened to you in the last race Boothy? I had to leave straight away but I had a quick look, I thought the laggy guy dive bombed you at the time, but it looked like you saw it, went wide and the guy behind you wiped you out?

I have a problem overdriving the FGT in races, end up cooking the tyres and sliding everywhere. Too used to throwing the HPD about.
I saw the guy on the inside make a big dive so I gave him room expecting him to run wide, the guy behind me kinda followed me wide and then he was hit up the back, which hit me off. :rolleyes: I did manage to get back to 3rd, before spinning in the slow left handers and then getting collected.
Support to mac and linux soon!

Quote :Some of you may be happy to know that we have been working on porting iRacing to run on Mac and Linux. By rough estimates Apple and Linux make up between 15% - 25% of the market space and as far as we can tell nothing like iRacing exists on those platforms. We are actually far enough along with this project that we have our first build to test. This is exciting for iRacing because we could see a nice jump in members with this port.

If you are a Mac or Linux user and want to get involved with testing we would appreciate the help. Please email chris.weidner@iracing.com with your system specifications and what controllers you have for these systems and he will get back to you if we would like your help.

Thanks,
Steve

It's great that they're catering to the neck beards and hipsters. The neck beards of course won't spend a dime because iRacing is closed source and they can't fix the glaringly obvious bugs.

And hipsters won't play with nothing more than a trackpad because taking a wheel with their Mac to Starbucks won't be hipster enough.
LOL. teemu I like the iDawdust avvy xD
You guys are so passé. I've had this avatar for like 4 years now and you only now copy me.

Why not copy Scawen's avatar for a change.
Exactly.
Don't have to be so anal about it.
What???????

Ok, back to your conspiracies now
I'm ****ing sick of this, Nim is a useless ****.

"Verbal abuse - Description/Explanation of Protest: After the race, Derek started to call on slower drivers, calling people noobs and started blaming how the whole system works, while driving unsafely and with incidents.
It was not fair to other people who chose to have a safer race at the slower pace. He finished with 10 incidents anyway."

Was protested for this last night, what a joke. Proto/gt race round Brands, I had 10 incidents fair enough, 6 1x off tracks (par for the course for brands, less than most people had) and a single 4x at the last corner, fighting for the lead that we laughed about either.

Now obviously, some dickhead has taken offence to me mentioned that a guy was 8 seconds per lap off the pace, on a 1:11 lap, at the end of the race I mentioned this after the guy had already left the server. I was on pole, with the fastest Q time of the week, and I got caught off guard by a guy braking hard down to 3rd gear in a flat out 6th gear right hander. So I mentioned this at the end, in text chat.

What does nim do? With no evidence, and that shitty quoted paragraph up top, he removes my voice chat indefinitely. I have been patiently waiting to get my voice chat back for the last 6 months, after an incident with Andy Kitschertorete (however you spell the ****s shitty name, basically he was screaming abuse over voice chat, I leave the server and send him an abusive PM, and I get forum/PM and voice ban, and he get's **** all. Even though I deliberately didn't say a word in the server. Does this start to show how ****ed up the protest system is?) and to now get my voice chat banned indefinitely, for a single 1 sentence text chat at the end of the race, is really pissing me off. As much as I enjoy the racing, **** iRacing if that is how biased the officiating is.
I still don't know how Kirschtorte is able to use his name in iRental. Aren't you forced to use your real name (which that is not).
You can use whatever name you want.
Lol. Ill post a video of my indy car wreck at my second indy car race while running for the win. I flipped about 15 times at las vegas. Ill post a youtube video aoon.
Funny thing about this incident is, Nim indefinitely banned my voice chat, so I pointed out how useless a **** he really is. My voice chat has been banned for a long time, so I've basically incriminated myself and will be getting my text chat removed also. Superspeedway races will be fun.
Quote from DeKo :Funny thing about this incident is, Nim indefinitely banned my voice chat, so I pointed out how useless a **** he really is. My voice chat has been banned for a long time, so I've basically incriminated myself and will be getting my text chat removed also. Superspeedway races will be fun.

How much of an arse did you have to be to accomplish that.
Funnily enough Mustangman, my voice chat was banned indefinitely in the same incident with Andy K ages ago, even though again I didn't have a mic or headset plugged in. To be honest, I've never used a mic/headset because yanks pretty much can't understand a word I say anyway.

Boothy, exactly what I was thinking, and what I've said in my appeal. Not exactly hoping for much, seeing as it's the same clique that deal with protests. If I start ignoring you in servers, you know why . Nim actually sent me the chat transcripts, and highlighted where I replied to Josh "Nah no point protesting, Nim is worse than useless, doesn't have a clue" haha.

Fair enough, I was pissed off. But there's a difference between being slow and careful, to being 8 seconds per lap slower and weaving from side to side in a flat out corner while the leaders are trying to lap you. First comment was made at the time, then the rest is after the race once he had already left. I mean, I see worse being said every single time I'm in a race. Who knows who protested. I suspect it was you Boothy, trying to get rid of the competition haha. Bolding is Nims, not mine.
Quote :
Derek M Murray [32584984 8202638 00:17:39] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: if you're braking in that corner, stay off the track
Derek M Murray [32585400 8202638 00:30:53] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: what's the point of racing if you're at the back 8 seconds off?
Derek M Murray [32585406 8202638 00:31:00] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: nerfing leaders off the track
Derek M Murray [32585441 8202638 00:31:16] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: /Josh.Mertz 100%, it's a joke
Derek M Murray [32585469 8202638 00:31:35] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: no point, nim is worse than useless
Derek M Murray [32585479 8202638 00:31:52] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: I mean, he thought rich was at fault in his last video
Derek M Murray [32585481 8202638 00:31:54] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: that shows it all
Derek M Murray [32585483 8202638 00:31:59] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: doesn't have a clue
Derek M Murray [32585543 8202638 00:33:36] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: I mean, if youre lapping slower than C6rs, you have problems
Derek M Murray [32585574 8202638 00:34:31] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: wow, Jean is down to 3rd gear in that corner
Derek M Murray [32585592 8202638 00:35:01] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: neither can I, it's close
Derek M Murray [32585595 8202638 00:35:08] [T1, U56939, C1, E1, F@DRIVERS]: but I don't go down to 3rd, that's a joke

This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG