The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
Quote from The Very End :Hmmm not sure about it yet, because atm. I am working on road lisence. The ovals is not too fun, but that's maybe because I have the borring ovals ;p Maybe Daytone or Talledega would prove more fun!

that works on any liscense, indy car fixed is c class and indy car open is B class. you can pretty much go from D to A with the indy car
Quote from AlienT. :I sent you a friends request in case your wandering who it was.

Anyway that is a very strange bug, did it come up in the results like that?

You raced well TVE, it was fun to watch. If your not used to in-car it will take time to learn but you were consistent and safe as houses.

I'm too effing drunk to race, why do you think I'm on lfs forums? I keeping away from iRacing wforum when drunk!

Beeing drunk has never stopped me from racing (LFS) before

Thanks for the kind words! It's kind of hard really, I mean, I drive a lot of car "in real life", but when it comes to games I usually plays chase veiw, so beeing forced to play this veiw is new to me, but it makes it all a little extra challenging and interesting. It's more intence than other veiws, because this game plays the sounds well and togheter with other neat features such as good netcode it is a good experience

Also, I am pushing too much, but at same time I then learn knowing the car ;p Keeping it on track I do not managed, but I almost everytime manage to correct it back, hopefully experience will prevent me from needing to correcting outside track in first place

Also, the results, yup, there I ended up 3 even if it was 2th I ended up..strange stuff

Quote from Mustangman759 :that works on any class, indy car fixed is c class and indy car open is B class. you can pretty much go from D to A with the indy car

That means I could just buy the Indy when getting C, then driving the fixed class up the ranks? At what ranks does the Gen6 car beeing choseable (I first need to buy it tho lol) ?

Edit: Alien - what are your name? I got 4 people on the friend list and I have no clue who is who since everyone whent full retard and chosed their own name (including myself) :/
Quote from DeKo :
Of course, I've spent a small fortune on controllers and computer equipment, but I was spending that same money on LFS a few years ago.

Doesn't mean you have to keep spending that amount. Spending money isn't an obligatory objective.
Quote from The Very End :Beeing drunk has never stopped me from racing (LFS) before

Thanks for the kind words! It's kind of hard really, I mean, I drive a lot of car "in real life", but when it comes to games I usually plays chase veiw, so beeing forced to play this veiw is new to me, but it makes it all a little extra challenging and interesting. It's more intence than other veiws, because this game plays the sounds well and togheter with other neat features such as good netcode it is a good experience

Also, I am pushing too much, but at same time I then learn knowing the car ;p Keeping it on track I do not managed, but I almost everytime manage to correct it back, hopefully experience will prevent me from needing to correcting outside track in first place

Also, the results, yup, there I ended up 3 even if it was 2th I ended up..strange stuff

That means I could just buy the Indy when getting C, then driving the fixed class up the ranks? At what ranks does the Gen6 car beeing choseable (I first need to buy it tho lol) ?

GEn6 and the F1 car are the A class for road and oval respectivly. Indy car is a good buy as you can do the fixed C class in road/oval indy car then do open in road/oval indycar and achieve A class
in oval most of the indy car tracks are NASCAR tracks anyways.

(I would be Matt Kingsbury)
Struan Robertson, a good old English name to go with my St. George cross
Superb, thanks!
Are there many people driving the fixed Indy serie(s), and are they all god damn pro's or are there some people around...well let's face it, level 0 as me?

And thanks Alien, added you now! Last chance to join in for the race ;D Drunk or not haha

Deko - LOLWAT?

Edit: Yup, money is money. Save some, use some, they will eventually come to pass anyway
RACE!
Also, all Celts (Scottish, Irish, Welsh) have to run about for a full season with an England logo on our cars. Of course I've removed everything I can, but plenty of cars have them printed on anyway. Not a happy bunny. They have got to have the shittest database system ever, they can't change an image mid-season?

TVE, I spend less than £100 a year on iRacing and get a ridiculous amount of use out of it. I spent more than £100 going out 1 night at the weekend, easily. It's not exactly expensive.
Oh really? surely they can take a time out to avoid another Culloden DeKo? That's pretty piss poor really.
Upcoming field is going to be interesting, close to no-one has done qualify so I have no idea where the "bar" is set yet. Starting from 8 position this is going to rather interesting for me to see how well (or bad) I perform in traffic.

Bad start, in pit atm. Hit one by mistake and got a revenge wreck back ;p
tor plz, didnt even get to watch much before pits
Hahah, yeah I cocked up things xD
In T1 there was this guy coming from outside and heading inside, did not manage to avoid him, and in T2 I cut the front of that poor red car because I though he had backed off before corner

Then in hairpin this guy spins in front of me and I step on the brakes to avoid him, but ends up beeing hit in the arse by car #7 and I bounch into the other car I tried to avoid and totaled both ;p

Well! Shit happens really, experience is gold!
Think I'll head to bed now, hope to see some of you guys tomorrow! Maybe when Alien desideds to sober up we should take a mazda race with some randoms ;p
Yeah I mean it's probably not free to travel around the world and scan tracks and cars like this davesdust guy thinks, not sure what his problem is since he keeps moaning about a few bucks continuesly, it's not a cost to speak of when it comes to the amount of fun you get in return. Seems like sticking to 5 year old content is a better place for him...
It would be great if iRacing provided fun. However with nearly $400 that I've spent in iRacing on various content and a bit of subscription...

Still not fun. Thank god my sub expired today. Never again.
It's not really the easiest simulator to drive, like I said, something easier seems to be better for you.
Don't listen to Teemu, the white powder has gotten to his brain.
I've had periods on enjoyment with both LFS and iRacing. I can definitely say I enjoyed LFS more, but that was back when we had more than 1 populated race server. That hasn't really been since we lost CTRA.
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :It's not really the easiest simulator to drive, like I said, something easier seems to be better for you.

Because hard = realism? No. If anything the sims that are closest to reality aren't hard to drive at all because the behaviour is exactly what you expect.

If iRacing > reality then you'd be spinning road cars out at 20mph on a roundabout and your car would jump around and the tyres would start squealing when you were sitting in your garage.

It seems like because people see the pro competition in iRacing that it is the best thing since sliced bread. To be honest, I wouldn't wanna waste my time with a game they keep tailoring more and more to arcade racers with stupid stuff like supporting mouse steering.
So why do you play lfs then
Quote from Mustangman759 :So why do you play lfs then

Mouse and KB support had been there from the beginning and it was necessary then as not that many people had a wheel.

iRacing STARTED with only controller support, now they added mouse support. It's quite obvious that they are just watering it down and tailoring it for anyone and everyone.
Don't forget you can also play it Real Racing style with a tablet with touchscreen as well.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Don't forget you can also play it Real Racing style with a tablet with touchscreen as well.

God don't even go there!
So massive England logo on my profile page, in the driver list in game my club is "England", and all of the cars which have a logo which can't be removed have an England logo. I really don't hate the English, but having it plastered everywhere is a step too far. They're ****ing kidding on if they're not going to fix it for another 3 months. And if I'm angry, why are the Irish not going wild?

LOL
Quote from DeKo : And if I'm angry, why are the Irish not going wild?

They are, but they are quietly plotting, my friend.
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG