The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
So now I'm in the UK and I club (Not UK&I), but really I have England logo's on my car, my profile and according to the in-game I'm in the England club. I'm sure it'll get sorted, but iRacing got told and told and told that they were going to **** it up, and they didn't listen. At least I can see the funny side. All Celt/UK&I members I've seen posting on the forums are having a good laugh about the situation, and all the Americans start flooding the thread with bullshit, arguments, accusations of bigotry etc. No sense of humour over the water.

"Some people hate the English, I don't, they're just wankers!".
I know this is probally the most stupid question ever...but well...
How do I just go offline and test any of my cars on any of the tracks I have? I just canot find it, seems the only way to drive a car is to select a league for it and apply on practise there instead of beeing able to do this in some sort of offline mode (tho launched through the site).

Any good sollutions?
Select your car and track and click the Test button that is next to Race Now.
Thanks to you and CrAZySkyPimp for pointing out that HORRIBLE easy way to do this...jesus christ...

Bought this 5 dollar nascar I wanted to test out if it was any fun (before maybe invest in the GEN6 when I got my oval rating up).

Does anyone (even tho I know this is not in real life, expect 2 road courses) do nascars + road courses?
Quote from The Very End :Does anyone (even tho I know this is not in real life, expect 2 road courses) do nascars + road courses?

The iRacing NASCAR series has both Sonoma and Watkins Glen in its schedule, but the Class A/B/whatever NASCAR series don't have any road courses currently. There's uproar whenever it's mentioned as basically the really pro oval people are terrified of turning right as it might hurt their precious iRating. God forbid they actually do something realistic........

EDIT: Although there are fairly often some hosted sessions, and I think a few leagues have them too. I've seen a Late Model Road Course League.
Thanks

The car I meant btw was Chevrolet Impala-COT. It's a BEAST! Only done the Mazda before this, and what a upgrade! Damn fun to drive on a road course with this
If anyone wants to write for inRacing news, send me a PM there are a lot of spots open.
Holy shit! So much greatness!
Have not races for a while and tried two races today + a time trial, and it was a blast!
For pickup racing (sort of) at the D class, it has been pure brilliance, because:

1: No T1 drivebombing, overal very clean races. Only 1 accident which I noticed, and that was a honest mistake from a person which later appoligized to the victim and they were cool

2: Damn tight races! The two last races the top 5 were within 12 seconds of eachothers, and you never drove alone. Allways one at your back which would pass the second you did a mistake, and allways one at your front you could pass the second he did a mistake

3: Friendly nice members, answering questions and giving compliments for good racing, high sportsmanship even on this low level cup!

4: Fixed setups!!! This is the best damn thing ever! Everyone have the same car, the same fuel, the same tyres the same...everything! Everyone stands equally footing and the only way to gain advantages here is to actually know the track, know the car(s) and know how to drive.

5: I have seen strange things from Iracing netcode before, but from my experience I must say that it's bloody superb! Bumber to bumber racing without moontrips, no time-outs (even when the servers are in America with aprox 100-150 +- ping), no shit - just fun.

I might sound like a fanboy, and maybe that is true too, I really had a great time today and my heart was pumping from start to end of the races. The physics probally has it flaws, I dunno, I am no expert - all I know is that they are realistic enough to be rewarding and fun to drive with.

But now, feck this, time to wank and get wasted before we repeat the same thing tomorrow!
Quote from The Very End :Thanks to you and CrAZySkyPimp for pointing out that HORRIBLE easy way to do this...jesus christ...

Bought this 5 dollar nascar I wanted to test out if it was any fun (before maybe invest in the GEN6 when I got my oval rating up).

Does anyone (even tho I know this is not in real life, expect 2 road courses) do nascars + road courses?

Been doing a lot of the NASCAR truck at Mosport
Quote from The Very End :Holy shit! So much greatness!
Have not races for a while and tried two races today + a time trial, and it was a blast!
For pickup racing (sort of) at the D class, it has been pure brilliance, because:

1: No T1 drivebombing, overal very clean races. Only 1 accident which I noticed, and that was a honest mistake from a person which later appoligized to the victim and they were cool

2: Damn tight races! The two last races the top 5 were within 12 seconds of eachothers, and you never drove alone. Allways one at your back which would pass the second you did a mistake, and allways one at your front you could pass the second he did a mistake

3: Friendly nice members, answering questions and giving compliments for good racing, high sportsmanship even on this low level cup!

4: Fixed setups!!! This is the best damn thing ever! Everyone have the same car, the same fuel, the same tyres the same...everything! Everyone stands equally footing and the only way to gain advantages here is to actually know the track, know the car(s) and know how to drive.

5: I have seen strange things from Iracing netcode before, but from my experience I must say that it's bloody superb! Bumber to bumber racing without moontrips, no time-outs (even when the servers are in America with aprox 100-150 +- ping), no shit - just fun.

I might sound like a fanboy, and maybe that is true too, I really had a great time today and my heart was pumping from start to end of the races. The physics probally has it flaws, I dunno, I am no expert - all I know is that they are realistic enough to be rewarding and fun to drive with.

But now, feck this, time to wank and get wasted before we repeat the same thing tomorrow!

well your a rookie in oval. So if you plan on going oval and want to spend minimal get the class D lisc. through D 4.0 through the legends series, then buy the silverado if you want nascar for class C and skip class B to A. Or if you want to be a super cheap person just buy the indy car and use it for class c and b (fixed and open series) then buy the gen 6 :P.
I am class A atm and I am gonna do a truck season and then probably start gen 6

and of course any of RR series, even the oval series will have road courses in them.
Hmmm not sure about it yet, because atm. I am working on road lisence. The ovals is not too fun, but that's maybe because I have the borring ovals ;p Maybe Daytone or Talledega would prove more fun!
Quote from The Very End : The physics probally has it flaws, I dunno, I am no expert - all I know is that they are realistic enough to be rewarding and fun to drive with.

Exactly how I feel. I enjoy this game on a day to day basis. I've enjoyed iRacing alot!
TVE, not to be cliche, but wait a few months and check the holes in your pockets.
Hehe, well well, it's like buying some beers every now and then, I can affort that
Its a hobby. Cheaper than many others.
Until next season where they introduce their new revolutionary features to simulate real racing.

Blow a tyre? Repair that for $5.

Total your car by crashing? Gotta re buy the car for $10.
You're on kind of crusade or something?
I'm just making sure that when it happens, that I can say "I told you so."
Quote from jrd.racer :Its a hobby. Cheaper than many others.

Not cheaper than LFS/AC/rFactor 1 & 2, pCARS, GRID, SHIFT 2 and Mario Kart all put together though

It would be like playing Golf in Dubai because of other people, even though it's 100 times the price of going to your local golf course.

Sure as a hobby is cheaper than pretty much anything else out there but then simracing isn't JUST iRacing is it? It's everything BUT and in terms of price it's silly to defend iRacings price system by any stretch. Defend the sim, sure, that's your opinion, I'd disagree anyway, but nevertheless to then defend the price against blindly obvious fact is something else. :P
TVE is about to start a race I'm going to ghost him
FAWK!
Remember that I just learned using cockpit veiw, I am a chase veiw n00b lol

Edit: Can you spec other people without beeing on the server?
Quote from The Very End :FAWK!
Remember that I just learned using cockpit veiw, I am a chase veiw n00b lol

Edit: Can you spec other people without beeing on the server?

You can race as a ghost car in any race, good way to practice actually.

And I would suggest you qualify

Edit update. Lap 4 P4 a trip in the sand but saves it! still P4.

He's right up p3's tail, looking good for a podium perhaps?!

Lap 8 p3

Lap 10 he's having to really defend now.

Lap 13 and he's trying to catch P2 but cutting too much kerb is costing him time! (2 laps to go)

He's right on the P2 car with less than two laps to go!

Well that is weird I have never seen that before! what the heck TVE?

Great race anyway, you should be P2 though! you must be sweating!
Haha thanks for that ;p

Well, as you can see the game bugged, the leader is not the leader so I think I got 2th position. Also, I drive crap. On second to last lap I chosed to try going inside to overtake before hairpin, but the other man closed the door and I chosed grass instead of drivebombing him off track. Still, podium, seems I am forever podium lol ^_^

Alien - join me for next race in 30 mins

Edit swathing yes, I can assure you that
It's a blast really, all the races this day have been like that, you never get room to take it easy, so close all the way from start to finish =)

Edit2: While waiting I will try that ghost thing and spec Ray K. in his race
I sent you a friends request in case your wandering who it was.

Anyway that is a very strange bug, did it come up in the results like that?

You raced well TVE, it was fun to watch. If your not used to in-car it will take time to learn but you were consistent and safe as houses.

I'm too effing drunk to race, why do you think I'm on lfs forums? I keeping away from iRacing forum when drunk! I feel safer here.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Until next season where they introduce their new revolutionary features to simulate real racing.

Blow a tyre? Repair that for $5.

Total your car by crashing? Gotta re buy the car for $10.

Because I own all the road cars, but I'm nowhere near 100% (mainly oval stuff), they just gave me a 25% discount off of everything that now comes out, so less than 10 dollars for a track every 3 months. $75 dollars got me a years subscription. If anything it's been getting cheaper and cheaper over the time I've been using it. It's still not that cheap, but compared to most other hobbys it kinda is. This carry on about $ for repairs is just a made-up thing to use in arguments against it.

Of course, I've spent a small fortune on controllers and computer hardware, but I was spending that same money on LFS a few years ago.
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG