The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
it automatically ticked and setup a billing agreement when i last subscribed 3 months ago.

never though to check because its NEVER dont that before.

emailed for a refund, probably be told to GTF
No, they'll refund you in iRacing credits, which becomes REALLY ironic considering you won't have a sub to use it with.
It seems to be stated in the terms of use and EULA:
Quote :4.3. You acknowledge that unless you request otherwise in your "My Account" section of the iRacing member website by clicking on the box to not automatically renew, your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period and you will be charged for the renewal fee.

So unless you read it through or someone tells you to uncheck the box, you cannot do anything really
Yup, they told me to **** off..

Thats ok tho because rather than renew in a couple months i wont bother and will just wait to hear good things on the tyre model.
They gave me refunds in iRacing credits in the past. I think to refund a sub in iRacing credits would be very comical though.
Done my first race in the C6R today for ages, and wow. I've already done my 4 races in the HPD and sitting top in points (for now), so i fancied racing the GT. Man, every single HPD driver should have to do races in the GT cars first. Me and another C6 driver having a nice battle for the win. Leading HPD comes up, tries to stuff it down the inside from miles back, gets pissed off that I took a racing line then stuffs it down the inside on the next corner. Of course, he broke far too late, slid wide and tapped me. Then gets on the text chat with "waaahh you gave me a 4x blah blah blah". Lukas Johnson, if you're on this forum you're a prick.

I'm obviously an HPD driver, with more than a few wins and absolutely no contact with any GT cars, and man are HPD drivers wankers. All I do when I'm driving the HPD is slow down going into the corner, cut inside and overtake on the exit. Easy peasy, never any problems, and I must be doing something right. No wonder GT drivers hate HPD drivers. At least I still won the C6 race, but I'm embarrased that wankers like this Lukas give HPD drivers like me a bad name.
Which turn was it where the HPD did this? Looking at the results he had a 5-6s lead, any sensible person would lost a little bit of time instead of hitting another car...

Though I have just found out looking at his profile that he's 19 and races a Cayman https://www.facebook.com/lukasjohnsonracing
Corner before the back straight is where he did the dive. I said exactly the same thing, he had a nearly 10 second lead at the time and nearly ruined his own race instead of losing half a second.
Good to see another LFSer showing the iracers how it's done. You were fast all season and even held me back at Zandvoort when you had taken damage. Look up last season's results, my name has a "IV" in it if you're wondering who I am.
Nice one Issac. Grats.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Huge congrats on that man

Why don't you congratulate him on being quick on LFS? It's exactly the same thing, except being one of the top guys on LFS actually means something other than a new coloured tab on your iRacing webpage..
Quote from BlueFlame :Why don't you congratulate him on being quick on LFS? It's exactly the same thing, except being one of the top guys on LFS actually means something other than a new coloured tab on your iRacing webpage..

Yea because he can earn 10,000 dollars by running in lfs. Or whatever the pot is.
Quote from Mustangman759 :Yea because he can earn 10,000 dollars by running in lfs. Or whatever the pot is.

Surely it would be more respectful to congratulate when cash is actually won?

Besides, if that's the only reason people play iRacing then simraceway is gonna start boosting soon!
Quote from Mustangman759 :Yea because he can earn 10,000 dollars by running in lfs. Or whatever the pot is.

Surely it would be more respectful to congratulate someones overall achievements and potential, rather than just money related shit.

Besides, if that's the only reason people play iRacing then simraceway is gonna start boosting soon!
Quote from thatguy :Good to see another LFSer showing the iracers how it's done. You were fast all season and even held me back at Zandvoort when you had taken damage. Look up last season's results, my name has a "IV" in it if you're wondering who I am.

I just checked. Thank god you werent in the race that I did after that. Span on the grid and wrecked a vast majority of the field behind me. But atleast I hit the guy who was the reason I had damage in the race you drove with me, I guess

Thanks for the congrats anyways everyone. And at what Blueflame said, it's not really the same as LFS. Theres more self pride involved for me personally in something like this, as I've been doing LFS since I started simracing, and pretty much I came into league racing at the right time because lots of people were in the same boat as me - just starting out, so I only had to work my way up from being a solid driver in a top team, and needed to gain experience to cut out silly mistakes in races, it never seemed like I made a big step or anything because everyone was in the same boat and although I have always worked hard, and done my best to push the team as thats whats needed to win in team events - I could have done a lot less work and tried a lot less hard to get more or less the same result except for a couple of races where I managed to be the difference. Here it is a lot harder mentally because I had to start with people further into the learning curve and it can feel like you're really talentless sometimes at the start of the week, struggling with setup and not getting it hooked up, so it means more to me personally right now atleast. I guess what I mean is, the hard work made more of a difference in iRacing than in LFS which made it more rewarding when I got success

The money doesn't mean anything to me because I still have to improve a lot and wait a while until I'd have a chance of even thinking about that. The only positive I really like about the money is that it gets the absolute fastest guys interested in the league and can keep them interested if they're good enough - rather than the situation in LFS nowadays where if you took the situation from 5 months ago, if you made a list of the fastest LFS drivers, not many of them race and even if they do, not regularly.
I still rate you highly, but to be honest, I rate the level of competition much higher in LFS considering it's a smaller community it really is the elite of the elite in some senses.

Interms of personal gain, it doesn't matter about your starting block position in relation to others in reality, if you have the ability you have it. Doesn't matter how long it takes to get there really.
rating LFS higher than iRacing just makes you retarded, everyone can have an opinion but, wow thats a bit of an oddball 1.

What I did was come 4th in the 3rd tier below DWC and yes in that level you could argue its not that different to LFS,but although I will surely be able to improve more - if you're comparing the top of both sims, then there is no comparison cos in LFS to win the races is just about not crashing, without meaning to be disrespectful you can look at GT1WS last race to see that - we werent anywhere near as fast as Vires as a team, but they go and make a mistake that costs them 50s. Greger and Hugo drive a whole DWC season, with only 2 laps in Q etc and make significantly less than that over the whole season, under much more pressure because of the money involved, bigger punishment for a mistake because for example in Q, be .4 off in LFS, be top 4 still, 4 off for them puts them possibly outside of the top 10. Thats the main difference really. Just look at Simon or Teemu, you dont become untalented over night, when they did LFS all the time they were top drivers here, and in DWC theyre midpack. I would be pretty much the same
Grats Isaac.
has anyone else ever had this problem? car drives relatively straight but I take pits to repair damage under yellow anyways. I go to exit pits and car doesn't turn left at all. happened twice in the same race where the rear tires got bent out of line but drove fine before I pitted.
Quote from Mustangman759 :has anyone else ever had this problem? car drives relatively straight but I take pits to repair damage under yellow anyways. I go to exit pits and car doesn't turn left at all. happened twice in the same race where the rear tires got bent out of line but drove fine before I pitted.

Not happend to me yet. Is it happening on any track with any car?
New hampshire with the truck. Was really wierd.
Don't drive close to the wall on the backstraight at NH, buggy and will knock the rear axle out.

Also what the flying **** are you on about Blueflame.
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG