The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Again.. I find it really funny. iRental people get so defensive when you have real problems with the sim. They say you're trolling or that you're doing it wrong.

So defensive.

The anti-iRacing crew are far worse. You pollute this thread, replying to every single post just because you're completely butt-hurt over something. Talk about being defensive.
If you hate iRacing so much, why do you keep using bandwith to post useless comments here?
A better question is if you guys love iRacing so much, why don't you go post there so you all can wank each other off with your love for shitty physics?
why don't you just ignore the thread. Bender agrees and wants you to change your avatar, he likes the iRacing gear I got him.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :A better question is if you guys love iRacing so much, why don't you go post there so you all can wank each other off with your love for shitty physics?

Hahaha, and you are accusing other people of being defensive. Nice one.
Quote from Mustangman759 :why don't you just ignore the thread. Bender agrees and wants you to change your avatar, he likes the iRacing gear I got him.

No. I've had this avatar since you and your brother were in diapers (so about 4 years ago). You're not allowed to be a twat and ask ME to change my avatar.

Quote from DeKo :Hahaha, and you are accusing other people of being defensive. Nice one.

It's the exact same argument. You guys are telling me to stop posting in an iRacing thread. I'm telling you guys to stop posting on the LFS Forum if your boners for bad physics are so huge.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :A better question is if you guys love iRacing so much, why don't you go post there so you all can wank each other off with your love for shitty physics?

because people I know read this thread
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No. I've had this avatar since you and your brother were in diapers (so about 4 years ago). You're not allowed to be a twat and ask ME to change my avatar.

It's the exact same argument. You guys are telling me to stop posting in an iRacing thread. I'm telling you guys to stop posting on the LFS Forum if your boners for bad physics are so huge.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/i ... ginal/000/327/043/a42.jpg
1x>2x
loss of control.
Well, at least this simulator or game gives me close and entertaining racing, not like LFS that is all gone to cargame.
The reason i play iracing is because of the intergeated seasons. It gives me a reason to race unlike lfs which is more about pickup races (obviously if i joined a league that would be different) i also like the laser scanned tracks and cars.

Yea the physics are a bit meh, but everyone is in the same boat so its the same for everyone so it does make for a good challenge.

Maybe i should get myself entered for a league, but i just dont think i could commit the time like i used to so ill probably be slow lol.
Quote from R3DMAN :The reason i play iracing is because of the intergeated seasons. It gives me a reason to race unlike lfs which is more about pickup races (obviously if i joined a league that would be different) i also like the laser scanned tracks and cars.

Yea the physics are a bit meh, but everyone is in the same boat so its the same for everyone so it does make for a good challenge.

Maybe i should get myself entered for a league, but i just dont think i could commit the time like i used to so ill probably be slow lol.

If you're racing the iRacing seasons then you clearly have enough time
naa, not really because ive done a couple seasons now, same car same tracks same setups and its just a case of getting my eye in again.

that said i havent done the first 3 events and just started putting a little time into brands hatch for this week but i dont think im good enough to race yet and it ends tonight so probably wont do this week but might do watkins glen next week as i had some fun there last season.

gets good at 5mins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS-2478Znwc
Neat, but you should lower your FOV and watch how the laptimes drop
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :Neat, but you should lower your FOV and watch how the laptimes drop

It's a matter of personal preference, nothing to do with laptimes.
+ low FOV looks gay u don't feel the speed
Makes it immensely much easier to judge corners, though...
yea? maybe i will try that..
iRacing got that part absolutely right. Just enter your measurements and POW, correct FOV. That will reveal shortcomings in your setup though....
Quote from kars19 :It's a matter of personal preference, nothing to do with laptimes.
+ high FOV looks gay u don't feel the speed

It makes it a lot easier to take fast corners and hit the apexes better and gives you a better feel or where you have the car, so yes it has to do with laptimes. But a tip for when he does start to lower it, don't just chunk off 30 of the FOV, instead just lower it by 1 or 2 every day to make the transition is easier, I went from defualt to 63 which I currently use that way and it had quite the effect on my driving.
i use 87 (97 in LFS) 23' single monitor, feels perfectly fine for me

using low FOV feels like i am driving with binoculars on my eyes
Yeah 21" single here aswell, and I had the same feeling as you when I at first I tried a lower FOV, like there was no way in hell I could drive with that, but today I'm thinking "how in hell could I ever drive with anything higher then this"
so 24" monitor.. what should i use?
On a 24" single monitor I've been slowly lowering my FOV and finding a fair bit of speed doing it. Started out driving with 70 odd, maybe 80, and have been weaning myself off it. Got myself down to 60 now which is a really nice compromise, I really need trip screens to go further than that. Dropping it in one go is too much of a shock, better to gradually bring it down.
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG