The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
Is usual for cars in iRacing to perform miracles on first lap performance? The handle very strange. The car just yaws as you release the brakes without any hesitation. Doesn't feel right. Then the rears go a bit and then the fronts, and eventually about 5 laps into a stint you actually feel like you are driving a normal car instead of some weird floating oddness?
Yea for the mostpart on the ovals its the same feeling.
I've only tried mclaren and F1 so far, and there was no difference for me in the feeling/handling. Tires felt like before with Q fuel and higher pressures, aka fastest on the first lap like they should, I'm guessing what you are experiencing is a slow tire-pressure buildup?

What car and pressures were you running? I run quite low pressures in the bigmac on race sets for ex and takes a few laps before pressures get up to operating area, car does feel a bit floaty prior to that.
The SLM will be cool. Dirt racing is a must too
new update has removed my yaw problem. Not sure if it's better or not... need more laps
KIA + Motegi = Awesomeness.
I see people are not really amused by the KIA. There are lots of moaning about it on the forums. I can totally understand them to be honest.
The KIA is amazing everyone who thinks otherwise can eat their own arseholes

Also look here, people definately like it
Quote from JackDaMaster :The KIA is amazing everyone who thinks otherwise can eat their own arseholes

Also look here, people definately like it

If it's anything like the Jetta it will be good. Americans + FWD =
In the background it's just wreck after wreck lol.
Normal race during week 13
Quote from Rappa Z :In the background it's just wreck after wreck lol.

Not all the time. Plus its W13 so you can't expect any less
Lol reminds me of cargame.nl wrecks a bit
That makes me seasick ; S
Well, the update told something about beeing able changing hight and so on on the camera veiw, anyone tested this yet?
Quote from The Very End :That makes me seasick ; S
Well, the update told something about beeing able changing hight and so on on the camera veiw, anyone tested this yet?

The one in actual NASCAR is even worse
I have not watched much Nascar, but do people actually like that camera? I much rather have a camea that follows the movement of the car :/
Yea me also, but for iRacing I don't mind it. For tv watching I hate it though
Anyone have any good ideas for a right lovely LMP2 skin for the HPD? I've been running a Ganassi Target scheme that I made for a while but I'm bored of it, I want to paint something that looks brilliant.
Try some of the real life liveries like I did (Oak Racing, Adr-delta)? The ESM HPD if you want a challenge
The Oak racing livery is awesome.
This looks class, wonder how hard it would be really. Both of those cars are nice Boothy, I wish we had the big slab engine cover to paint on.
So here is our provisional schedule for the Caddy series. Races will be around 40 minutes long and we will likely limit fuel so that you have to stop in the pits once if needed.
1 - Daytona International Speedway Road Course - Night*
2 - Okayama International Full
3 - Summit Point Main Course
4 - Mazda Laguna Seca
5 - Indianapolis Road Course
6 - Lime Rock Park
7 - Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
8 - Road America Road Course
9 - Sonoma Cup Config
10 - Mid-Ohio Full Course
* = Rolling start
This thread is closed