The online racing simulator
iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
****, I would be banned faster than my first post would even hit their server.
Too hard to post without swearing .
It is! Thank **** for swear filters.
Are the gen6 cars released
Quote from Mustangman759 :Are the gen6 cars released

This sentence doesn't work in the form of a statement. You might want to add some punctuation in there bud.

also look for yer fakin self on inracingnews
can i cancel the subscription even if it says no credit card on file? i reg-ed on this 6 months free thing(so i got 3 months for that..) ? cant find it anywhere
I'm not entirely sure anyone gives a ****, but why not post. Fixed the skin, added in logo's that were missing etc, and re-uploaded. If you want it, grab it: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ybn8ccyrvab0evl . If you don't know how to put your own name on the Windscreen, just let me know.

Painted a red one for myself, I like it. Of course, if anyone wants it they can have it. I have to give them credit for this car, it's gorgeous.

just did a 1year sub, now to work on getting myself the oval content I need. :P currently D class 2.4
yea, im doing legends to D 4.0 then buying C class. should save me a bit. By theory i can skip buying the D and B class cars.
yea pretty much what I plan on doing.
On the upside, major consistency for the win!

On the downside, beaten by Matt Kingsbury
Attached images
tied times.jpg
ha sloooow forgot you did iR too now
Quote from J@tko :On the upside, major consistency for the win!

On the downside, beaten by Matt Kingsbury

lol I did a 36.721
well. goal was 3.0 sr for the night. I think ill retire now that I have a 3.38
Quote from Bmxtwins :lol I did a 36.721

My fastest is still faster than you though. JUST.
Attached images
fastest.jpg
Quote from J@tko :My fastest is still faster than you though. JUST.

Very nice

We both are faster than Mathias Wentjarvi, and [TC-R]'s Mike Weddell.
Quote from Bmxtwins :We both are faster than Mathias Wentjarvi

Probably for the first and last time, ever.
jack.. why havent you bought the silverado and done 4 races in it yet? you would be class C
Quote from Mustangman759 :jack.. why havent you bought the silverado and done 4 races in it yet? you would be class C

Street stock is class C you know
Quote from Mustangman759 :jack.. why havent you bought the silverado and done 4 races in it yet? you would be class B

FTFY. (once I've done 3 more races in the National :P)

I can't afford the tracks at the moment. I have 1 (soon 2) tracks out of 12 on the Truck schedule, so there's no point in me buying it. I'm going for road because I can participate in most weeks already in one series if not all of them.

EDIT: Same applies to the SS C Class schedule. I have 2 tracks I think? [no wait 1. :P]

EDIT2: And the other thing about ovals is the lack of variety really. I've raced on both USA Speedway and Thompson. But what's the difference? They're both basically the same. Brake with ~50m to go. Turn in. Feather the throttle. Floor it out. Repeat. It's like getting Spa, changing the lengths of some of the straights, add some banking and voila, you have a new track. Apparently. I can see me buying a set of Ovals which are all nicely different. So say I might have Charlotte, Bristol, Martinsville, 'Dega, Daytona, Pocono, maybe Phoenix. But why would I buy Texas? It's basically the same as Charlotte?
Texas Atlanta and Charlotte. Same shape. Atlanta is a lot more bumpier. and I think texas is in between. at least irl
I plan on only buying the NASCAR tracks... USA etc nty
Quote from J@tko :... But why would I buy Texas? It's basically the same as Charlotte?

They are very very different. Why not include Atlanta, Las Vegas, Chicagoland? To name a few other cookie cutters. All very different.

I thought the same as you before I started doing a lot more oval.

Oval also is a lot more about strategy than road. (excluding proper endurance road racing, before someone mentions it)
Quote from menantoll :They are very very different. Why not include Atlanta, Las Vegas, Chicagoland? To name a few other cookie cutters. All very different.

I thought the same as you before I started doing a lot more oval.

Oval also is a lot more about strategy than road. (excluding proper endurance road racing, before someone mentions it)

Sorry I should have put a :P at the end of that. I was being semi-sarcastic, I know what actually they are very different, but from the outside they're the same. I actually really enjoy oval racing in iRacing, mainly because I'm surprisingly good at it. Came in the top 30 in the last rookie street stock season (admittedly that's only R + D, but in an R+D road series I'd be nowhere near that good) and SS @ Charlotte is so much fun, because of the strategy of trying to pass someone.

It doesn't help that there's so many oval tracks. I'd be forking out >£100 if I wanted to run even anywhere near a full season in any high up oval series. And as there aren't many of them (and fixed schedule is the same as open), you could easily be in a point where I can't run anything high up for several weeks, unlike road. If I bought let's say the McLaren and the HPD, I'd easily have a choice of >D class road series to run every week. But on oval I wouldn't without spending alot of money
This thread is closed

iRacing - chapter II
(892 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG