The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Nice stuff. Where are those mountain shots from? Glacier? Tetons?

Thanks & back 'atcha. It was a killer road trip, (top-down the first 1700 miles!), that took me from WV to Phoenix & back. The mountain shots are from the CO Rocky's, (where I'm thankful to have family). Got a bunch more great shots I thought about posting, but refrained since they were from my car, rather than including of it.
Quote from Tinytacohead :The mountain shots are from the CO Rocky's.

HA! I knew those roads looked familiar.

Here are some more shots from CO then. Up at about 9,500ft elevation.
These roads look nowhere near as bad as they are. That first one is creepy, one slip and you are going for a one way trip down a huge cliff.
I need to take something smaller next time, stupid truck is too wide and too long for any of the fun stuff but I was there for work, not fun
Attached images
IMG_6291sml.jpg
IMG_6285sml.jpg
IMG_6288sml.jpg
before:

after:

I can re-paint all the stuff back to matte black, that has some spots of grey paint, that's not a big deal, if it goes a bit over.

it's still harshly unfinished, i need to decide on a color quickly

but it's actually up & running again, next week is MOT time! \o/
Attached images
IMG_20120711_181906.jpg
romugolffi.jpg
Quote from nikopdr :before:

after:

I can re-paint all the stuff back to matte black, that has some spots of grey paint, that's not a big deal, if it goes a bit over.

it's still harshly unfinished, i need to decide on a color quickly

but it's actually up & running again, next week is MOT time! \o/

The headlights... They're awful...
looks like mine, but yours is faster

congrats mate
Quote from KiRmelius :The headlights... They're awful...

Yes, but the stock headlights are so foggy you can't really see the lights from there... Besides, they look imho better so yeah.

Just realised how shoddy the paint is... It's horrible.

And did a test run after putting the car back together... Braked, and the front grill just jumped off. Drove over it without realising it had fell. FML.

Oh well, I can still fix that, grilles for golf arent really expensive and some matte black paint should do.
/fp
Quote from Jakg :Haters gonna hate..

Why, because you stole 1:04:00 of our lives?
mmm black smoke
Quote from R34GTR :mmm black smoke

I took the "CDTi" to mean there's a tiny diesel hiding somewhere under the hood.
Quote from Tinytacohead :I took the "CDTi" to mean there's a tiny diesel hiding somewhere under the hood.

Do all diesel engines over there look like trains and sound like someone is taking a shit?
Don't mean to jump on the hate wagon but why did you block the numberplate? You can clearly see it in your other video lol..

But it does sound like a fart at 0:07
Quote from lukelfs :Don't mean to jump on the hate wagon but why did you block the numberplate? You can clearly see it in your other video lol..

It's so we can't hunt them down with our pitchforks for their stupid modifications.
Jak has this weird thing about blanking his plates out, i swear he forgets that he drives along the road with them on display to the general public EVERY SINGLE DAY though

no, does not need moar low
Great picture.
Quote from lukelfs :

It sounds really flat in the car, but outside it does sound a bit... well it certainly has a noise.

I'm not sure if I hate it or love it!
looked under my car the other day, and both chassis rails are down to bare metal where it constantly bottoming out has worn away all the paint/underseal, the exhaust has taken a fair amount of grazes too, so i have wound the front coilies up about an inch, well, 21mm on one side and 26mm on the other, once everything had all settled properly after a few months it was a little uneven, although i know im going to have to set it all up again to get it mm perfect as the back is 9mm lower on the driving side, it was 12mm out before, but levelling the front has taken some of it out, but i bet once i get the back right the front will be out again, oh the joys of fully adjustable suspension.
Quote from danthebangerboy :looked under my car the other day, and both chassis rails are down to bare metal where it constantly bottoming out has worn away all the paint/underseal, the exhaust has taken a fair amount of grazes too... oh the joys of fully adjustable suspension.

While I don't recall your particular ride, (so may be wrong), it sounds more like the joys of the "needz moar l0w" crowd..
You may be right, although both rear springs were broken and 1 front one was cracked when i came to look at the dodgy leaning over look it had accquired, so budget coilovers were quite literally cheaper than a set of new springs believe it or not, i got a cheap 2nd hand set from a scrap yard but it was just stupidly high.

before and after...

too high, wheels too small (broken spring on rear)

bigger wheels improved it, but still too high, esp with the new springs now fitted to the rear (m3 mirrors and jewel side indicators are better too)

nice and low, but now new wheels too small

ideal

This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG