The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from skstibi :Other than a slight whine in 5th, no. They normally do though.

I only had the truck for a few days and had not had the time to look it over before my sister took it for a 600 mile trip and it did not make the last 300. Ended up costing $2000 to put another trans in. That transmission is noisy, pain in the a** to get into gear, and grinds depending on its mood. 4 years later and I am tired of the POS that's in it and want the nice original back in it.

I've always trusted transmission sound. If it doesn't whine loudly, it has oil in it. Oh, I guess I was lucky.
Well an s3 is awd.
MY99 GC8 WRX

Makes 200KW atw
Quote from doyal :that clunk from the subframe is why I hate most modern FWD cars.. both our company audi's do it (a3 2l tdi). really is uncomfortable. Is it a sign of worn bushings?

(have always owned rwd cars)

I know when I get a bit of wheelspin I hear a slight clunk from it when the power shifts to the rear, not sure what clunk your on about.

But yea it's quattro, video was in the wet, no idea why they gave this car traction control..
Quote from Bawbag :I know when I get a bit of wheelspin I hear a slight clunk from it when the power shifts to the rear, not sure what clunk your on about.

But yea it's quattro, video was in the wet, no idea why they gave this car traction control..

Obviously the traction control is for those idiots who floor it when in precarious situations and wreck. Those idiots ruin it for all of us!
Quote from BlueFlame :Obviously the traction control is for those idiots who floor it when in precarious situations and wreck. Those idiots ruin it for all of us!

What, ya can't turn it off?!? (and if that's the case, there's not a fuse/somewhat simple solution?)
Quote from Tinytacohead :What, ya can't turn it off?!?

Depends on the car, but most even with TC off still have ESC enabled that can't be disabled. Some cars it's possible with a dash/centre console button/switch but also some cars can have both ESC and TC disabled but it requires a software tweak to fully disable it.
Quote from BlueFlame :...Some cars it's possible with a dash/centre console button/switch but also some cars can have both ESC and TC disabled but it requires a software tweak to fully disable it.

What a bunch of BS, and something I'd be looking into altering even prior to taking ownership. (if I had that much prior knowledge of course)
V8 4 wheel drive Mercury Mountaineer (no it doesnt need hur dur big rims on it)
'95 Celica ST

what a beautiful picture!!!

Both, car and surrounding tell me to leave it like it is!

Really nice.

der butz
st205
Quote from der butz :what a beautiful picture!!!

Both, car and surrounding tell me to leave it like it is!

Really nice.

der butz

thanks, butz!
Quote from Puhba : V8 4 wheel drive Mercury Mountaineer (no it doesnt need hur dur big rims on it)

So it's a Ford?
It is a jetta though
Quote from G!NhO :It is a jetta though

That's no excuse to look like this though...
My new/old car
http://wot.motortrend.com/file ... chevrolet-impala-vert.jpg

*WARNING: Image is massive, may take a while to load - @ poster: It's best to only link to massive pictures so it doesn't break browsers / the fourm layout*
Small picture you got there bro!
Quote from kappa007 :...*WARNING: Image is massive, may take a while to load...

"Massive" doesn't cover it.. the thing's 11098x7915. Nothing even show up here unless I zoom in & then the bottom half never loads in. (I've got 10mb down) Why not downsize & post like the rest of us? :rolleyes:
Car is ready to go in da paintbooth. Notice pic #3 how the color differs.. that be fixed too.
Attached images
car.jpg
car2.jpg
car3.jpg
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG