The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Either way not really interested in girls like that, so yeah - it's like a gaybar.

Even if they weren't lesbians, I wouldn't go near them. Half of them in the pictures look rough, and the majority look like the type that'll "boil your bunny" if you ever pissed them off!

Just saw your sig....you nobber.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :I didn't say fat, I never used the word fat...I said had a stomach/gut...

...and not every American is fat, that's like saying everyone from the UK has ****ed up teeth...it's a stereotype. My girl doesn't have a gut, none of her friends do...maybe my standards are just a bit higher...I dono...

I've been to raves...and yes, raver chicks are like that...there's exceptions to the rule...but that's just how it is...not talking shit, just making an observation...

It's not about standards. The girls in those pics are what you call "normal". Likely your girl and her friends are those kind of women who insist on being a tiny bunch of bones which personally I find unattractive. But hey that's their choice.
My ideal sized woman is probably a size (and age) 10 or a 12 but since everything in life is a compromise..
As for fat americans, yes pretty much they are. As for bad teeth, well yeah 15 years ago. Now all children on the NHS get free dental work. I had it. now it's like george clooney in the house.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Even if they weren't lesbians, I wouldn't go near them. Half of them in the pictures look rough, and the majority look like the type that'll "boil your bunny" if you ever pissed them off!

Just saw your sig....you nobber.

yeah don't boil my travel bunny the silicone would melt.

And what sig do you mean? Don't know what you're talking about mate.
I don't care what a girl looks like, I refuse to be around idiots. I like girls that have some brains behind them, good common sense, and some decent morals. Oh, and NO fat chicks.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I look like a drug dealer

I apparently look like a serial killer most of the time.

Back on topic:
Had lots of fun with my VW but this is probably the last time I will take pictures of it before it is gone to a new owner.
Quote from Klutch :If raves = gaybars, you're really missing out.

* pics of fat/ugly/trannys *

you should go to 4chan for that kinda stuff...
Quote from theirishnoob :you should go to 4chan for that kinda stuff...

u seem to have a wierd taste :S
those girls look pretty "normal" to me...
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Ronal turbos the most original wheels on the VW scene.... OH WAIT.
As for the paint, some cutting compound and a DA or machine polisher (which aren't that hard to use actually, you have to be a COMPLETE moron to go through paint with that) will have that looking awesome again.

hence why i said something not usually seen IN Finland

besides, i've not choosed the wheels yet, who knows I might actually get some vettes under it, or fittipaldi aeros
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Likely your girl and her friends are those kind of women who insist on being a tiny bunch of bones

As for fat americans, yes pretty much they are.

Neat assumptions, lol.
http://www.google.co.uk/search ... &biw=1440&bih=797

"Related searches - Fat american people"

Although to be fair if you search for "British people" you get "British people teeth"

Niko pick something cool, probably off an Audi. Paint them a deep metallic anthracite. Then buy some wheels from a Passat and spray them orange. Max scene points bro. Don't forget the air ride and obligitory stickers.
Nothing wrong with rave chicks, or raves for that matter, cant think of anywhere id rather be than rocking on the dancefloor

Right, back to cars, the beemer, im happy with it, coz i did get a very good deal on it, but there are a few niggles...

The MAF doesnt work properly, well, thats the most likely cause of it feeling like it does from what i have been told and have read online, feels like a non turbo diesel anywhere below about 2750 - 3000 rpm, especially when cold, go below 2000 rpm and it literally will not accellerate at all, and evenonce its warm i dont think its got the full amount of pull that it should have, it still seems a little flat to me, its a lot slower than my dads 2.0 hdi xantia anyway.

The window washer jets are messed up and deliver no water to the windscreen, a quick google suggests i need to take them to bits and makes sure the sealing washer and spring are seated properly, apparently after a while the sealing washer moves or something.

i have an airbag sensor light permanently on, the low water level light is permenently on (which could be the reason is why the engine fan is always on too) but the water is fine, and the low oil level light (orange one)comes on and goes off whenever it wants to, although the oil level is fine.

It feels a bit weird round bends and i was blaming the wind as its really breezy here at the moment, but my mate (whos a mechanic) drove it about a mile or so earlier and after a few bends he said well its obvious, feel the way it dips when you turn left, drivers side rear spring is broken you donut, and he's right, the car sits a good 2 inches lower on that rear corner.

So on sunday its off to the aforementioned mates dads garage to be plugged into the diagnostics machine they have (his dad isnt there sundays, which means the plug in will be free) to see what im up against, then off to see a guy that has put his e46 all back to standard and sold it, which means he has m3 springs and many other parts available.

Plus the In Phase IPS248BT head unit confuses the life out of me, seems to have a mind of its own, its nice to be able to connect my iphone to it wirelessly and play all my music that way, but CD's are a bit more interesting, as i listen to a lot of mixed sets, they are usually one constant mp3 track, and depending on what mood its in, it will either carry on from where it was when you last drove the car, or go back to the beginninig, or start 10 minutes in, whatever it wants to do whenever it feels like it, plus the display does my head in too, if you had a 1 hour set on a disk, surely youd like to see where in minutes you are into the cd at all times, not so with this, it does this thing whereby the display will reset back to 00:00 and begins to count up every time you turn the car on, as if the disk has been restarted, eventhough it hasnt, but then you are stuck, coz say you know the cd (as i do most of mine) its lets say 30 minutes into the set and i know that in about 2 tracks time is the one you want to listen to, you have to just wait, becasue if you fast forward it 5 minutes, when you let go of the FF button the disc will then match up to whatever time is on the display, so if you were at 2 minutes on the lcd and ff'ed it to say 7 minutes in then the disk restarts to 7 minutes in, and not a few minutes forward from where it was like you wanted.

It also has a very top notch sub and amp combo in the boot, 1500w amp and 3600w 15" sub, i have heard this same setup in a golf and the bass quite literally makes your balls shake and proper punches you in the chest, really gets the car vibrating, big bad bass, and it is in this car too, well, it is when you open the boot, a few tones give a little rumble but you cant hear it most of the time, apparently its a common issue due to the e46 saloons construction, all metal with no folding seats, effectively a sealed boot compartment, the bass just cant get into the car, looks like ill possibly be selling the boot setup to go towards paying for sorting out all the other stuff.
Are you sure the washers isn't the filter?

On my car (which steals a lot of stuff from BMW, in fact the seal even has a BMW logo on it I think...), the washer pumps grommet acts as a filter as well.

It's easy to end up with a layer of crud on the filter, which blocks the flow of water to the pump.

Only takes a few minutes to "fix" once you've got to the pump.

Airbag sensor could be the connections to the seat airbags? In my car the plugs under the seat can come loose, which triggers the warning light.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Niko pick something cool, probably off an Audi. Paint them a deep metallic anthracite. Then buy some wheels from a Passat and spray them orange. Max scene points bro. Don't forget the air ride and obligitory stickers.

oh dat sarcasm

If it wasn't, I don't want to overdo the look I want to achieve. Of course, there might be a problem that most of you will whine that the car will get too low so I can't drive it, but I've had a lowered mazda(that was a 70 quid car and I needed something as a daily for a few months, it wasn't a legal vehicle at all) and it went just fine, the ride height from the lowest point was 10 millimeters, and it went just fine on finnish roads.
Quote from Jakg :Are you sure the washers isn't the filter?

On my car (which steals a lot of stuff from BMW, in fact the seal even has a BMW logo on it I think...), the washer pumps grommet acts as a filter as well.

It's easy to end up with a layer of crud on the filter, which blocks the flow of water to the pump.

Only takes a few minutes to "fix" once you've got to the pump.

Airbag sensor could be the connections to the seat airbags? In my car the plugs under the seat can come loose, which triggers the warning light.

Ill check the washers out tomorrow, altho i do have a mass amount of water coming through all around the base of the jets, just not out of the hole and onto the window, so i have pressure.
Quote from danthebangerboy :

Right, back to cars, the beemer, im happy with it, coz i did get a very good deal on it, but there are a few niggles...

The MAF doesnt work properly, well, thats the most likely cause of it feeling like it does from what i have been told and have read online, feels like a non turbo diesel anywhere below about 2750 - 3000 rpm, especially when cold, go below 2000 rpm and it literally will not accellerate at all, and evenonce its warm i dont think its got the full amount of pull that it should have, it still seems a little flat to me, its a lot slower than my dads 2.0 hdi xantia anyway.

The window washer jets are messed up and deliver no water to the windscreen, a quick google suggests i need to take them to bits and makes sure the sealing washer and spring are seated properly, apparently after a while the sealing washer moves or something.

i have an airbag sensor light permanently on, the low water level light is permenently on (which could be the reason is why the engine fan is always on too) but the water is fine, and the low oil level light (orange one)comes on and goes off whenever it wants to, although the oil level is fine.

It feels a bit weird round bends and i was blaming the wind as its really breezy here at the moment, but my mate (whos a mechanic) drove it about a mile or so earlier and after a few bends he said well its obvious, feel the way it dips when you turn left, drivers side rear spring is broken you donut, and he's right, the car sits a good 2 inches lower on that rear corner.

MAF - Dunno if BMW do exchange (VW do) but it's about £80 exchange for an OE one (bosch in my case). You can get it on the cheap (like a chinese or aftermarket one) but they WILL break again very quickly or may not even be right to begin with. So buy genuine.

As for the acceleration well that's probably the MAF as well but depends. My diesel never goes above 2200rpm on a light throttle until it's warmed up, no quicker way to rape your turbo than to thrash it when cold (and the rest of the engine). Some engines also limit power and boost on a cold engine (but they do a poor job of it you still achieve 90% of the performance anyway) so change the MAF see what happens.

The lack of boost could be due to the boost regulator, on my car that's known as the n75 valve. Dunno if BMW have named it something different, "ze heinz mezzchersmit auto boosten switchen yaren" or something probably.
Air bag will likely because the ignitor in one or more of the airbags has failed, or you could be lucky and it could be a broken cable.

Replace the water temp sensor and the oil pressure/level switch and see what happens. If the oil light is a pressure switch then it could be that at times you do have low or high engine oil pressure...who knows, a diag scan will tell you.

to be fair you should have spotted and felt the collapsed suspension from a mile away. *facepalm*

2 inches is a BIG height difference (as in how my car was before I lowered it and how it was now).. even if it wasn't that much it should have still be noticable..If one spring has broken then there's a good chance the others will follow soon, normally broken springs are caused by morons who drive over speedbumps at a million miles an hour..thank the previous owner probably...likely the dampers will be past their best as well after years of abuse.

Depending on what you want it may be worth replacing the whole lot with a set of cheapy coilovers, such as FK or JOM...budgets yup they are. But the JOM ones aren't too bad, FKs I hear less good things about. I have bought some JOMs for my car, 2 year warranty you can't go wrong. That will give you a nice adjustable drop and renew your suspension. Normally a full set of coilovers by JOM or FK or another budget manufacturer are no more expensive than a set of OE quality springs..so that's a no brainer to be honest.

While you're at it you'd be best off changing the top mounts and bushes (with either BMW oem or powerflex bushes) at the same time.

Yes i appreciate cost may get a bit high replacing the bushes etc but it's a job worth doing in the long run..suspension is important.

Also for the cost of a crappy night out you can replace the air filter, oil filter and oil at the same time. May have been done recently before but better to give it a clean bill of health.
Well, now you know why it was so cheap.
Cheers for the advice matey, i had already been considering polybushes coz it does seem a bit leany compared to the mx5, but the bust spring may well account for that, cant believe i never spotted that.

And as for previous owner abuse as the cause, TBH i would be suprised coz this car really was his pride and joy, but then again he is a hardcore MC, and drives thousands and thousands of miles a year to events so wear and tear could well be a factor.
Winning!

Quote from Scrabby :Winning!

o_0

How much angle its gonna give? btw is that wisefab?

E: no wf logos , so i guess its not.
Nope, not wisefab. It's from the US (half the price!)

I'm aiming at 60°
the last one, joining the 200 quattro turbo and 730ia band
Audi S4 B5 from 98 (v6 twinturbo)

Scraby thats more like 50.
Agniz, i want to keep my wide wheels

@Weed:
I dunno, i'll know it when the car has been alligned
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG