The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
It'd be a shame to sell up, it's probably unlikely you won't be able to find a cheaper quote. Comparison websites are your favourite, but to be honest after selling, buying another car and insuring it'd probably cost you about the same in terms of outright cost as it would just to insure the damn thing haha
There is still loads of things I need to sort out on the damn thing, but it's in great condtion for an 11 year old car It does look good though, I'm always catching people having a look at it in carparks and when it's parked up

I really want a MK5 Golf GTI, Edition 30 is the one I REALLY want, maybe in a few years
ED35 is out (or going to be out soon) so ED30 should lower in price a little but they are hot property, you can pick up a standard Mk5 GTI for like £7k now but the ED30 will be years before it gets to that price

Vdubs do tend to age well especially the ones post 1999/2000 period when VW started to get their act together.

I've got my eye on this;

That's an artists impression but the real car does look like that.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Standard MK5's look decent but I despise those alloys they come with, If I did buy one I would end up buying a set of ED30 alloys/something similar haha. And I know what you mean, the difference between 6n and 6n2 Polo's is amazing, same with Golfs of the same age, the later MK4's drive so much nicer than earlier ones

Yeah the Golf R looks amazing, I wouldn't say no to a MK5 R32 either! Who can say no to that V6 soundtrack..
ED30 alloys went for £900 on ebay and they needed new tyres as well.

:jawdrop:

Plenty of BBS replica ones though for about £500 with budget tyres.

I think you should keep your polo tbh.
Finally out of sheer luck I found out what these wheels are.

Rare 2 piece Volk GT-Ps

They have a lot of work to be put into them, but they will be gorgeous when done!
Centers will be painted to match cyan colored flag.

This is unweighted so .. obviously, the wheels are not sitting where they would when loaded. I wanted to load them, but my lugs are to tight against the wheel so I just put one in to hold

width + offset

^ Yes it looks like it won't fit at all or would fit retardedly.. this isn't the case, remember this is unloaded, so it's got quite a bit of positive camber in that last image. People have run same width wheels at a much lower offset and doesn't look wrong.

In other news a friend of mine from highschool has had a turbo sedan for a while and is deciding to de-turbo it.. and is realizing how much money has been wasted on keeping the turbo running. So.. it confirms that no my car will never be turboed, not this one at least.
Good car good car!
that offset is nice
Finally, those wheels are going to make such a difference!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :ED30 alloys went for £900 on ebay and they needed new tyres as well.

:jawdrop:

Plenty of BBS replica ones though for about £500 with budget tyres.

I think you should keep your polo tbh.

Tyres aren't that big of a problem for me, I get them at cost + 10% anyway
looks cool!
But IMO you should have gone for low offset allround
Quote from R34GTR :Tyres aren't that big of a problem for me, I get them at cost + 10% anyway

wow can you hook me up with that deal as well when the time comes?
That Mazda will look sick!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :wow can you hook me up with that deal as well when the time comes?

Staff pricing only, sorry!
I bought it. A 318i MY 98. Got a bit of rust so I need to look into some new parts. I found out that I need to pay 25,40 (euros ex tax) for the grille plate and then I might as well fix the grille it self (17,70 each). Also, I need to fix a hole in the front light (casing) but I need to find a good price for that one. Gonna look into something second hand I guess.
Quote from mamoru :I bought it. A 318i MY 98. Got a bit of rust so I need to look into some new parts. I found out that I need to pay 25,40 (euros ex tax) for the grille plate and then I might as well fix the grille it self (17,70 each). Also, I need to fix a hole in the front light (casing) but I need to find a good price for that one. Gonna look into something second hand I guess.

Post pix.
Quote from R34GTR :Staff pricing only, sorry!

Get them for you and then sell them onto me. Sessantas don't come cheap...neither do Michelin Pilot sport 3s
A 4 cylinder bmw is just not including the e30 m3

edit: my car with yellow lights y0, left one is foggy inside..
And still needs to be lowered, btw could someone shop a pic for me to see how it looks lowered?

Quote from G!NhO :A 4 cylinder bmw is just not including the e30 m3

Why so? M10 is a good engine. And from 6 cylinders the m20b25 is the only good one to get to e30.
Quote from G!NhO :btw could someone shop a pic for me to see how it looks lowered?

Send a picture.
is that a Jag under the covers?
Nope, try again.
There's plenty of nice 4 cylinder engines... just because your moms 318i is ugly and slow doesn't mean all 4 cylinder engines are crap.

944 turbo
Quote :The fast four-cylinder engine with water-cooled turbo technology not only received lots of praise, it also chalked up several motorsport successes. Experts celebrated its debut as the fastest car with catalytic converter in the world, the cleanest in the world and others simply summed it up so: Porsche technology of the finest

S2000
Quote :The original S2000 was praised as a marvel of engineering, the F20C 2.0 Liter naturally aspirated four cylinder engine made well over 100 HP/Liter with the help of V-TEC, this set a new standard for lightweight high output engines that was previously seen with Mazda's 13B turbocharged rotary power plant.

I don't mean all 4 cylinders! And my mum doesn't have a 318i.... ?
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG